Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Forum Admin, News and Member Account Info
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-14-2022, 09:26 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Anyone else stop receiving email notifications from the Forum?

I notice last 4 days, no email alerts from posts here on the Forum in threads I am following. Anyone else have this issue?
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 09:54 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
I got the usual thread following alerts last night so working on my end.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:23 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I got the usual thread following alerts last night so working on my end.
Crazy..I sent in a note to the Administrator here, but have not heard back. Can't figure what may have happened...except perhaps I have been blackballed...
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
Old 11-14-2022, 01:27 PM   #4
Site Team

1994 25' Excella
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Crazy..I sent in a note to the Administrator here, but have not heard back. Can't figure what may have happened...except perhaps I have been blackballed...
Doubt that's the case.

Have you checked your spam folder(s)?

I had a situation on Gmail recently - emails from another forum I'm on weren't going to spam, but they were being snagged from my inbox and flagged as suspicious. The only way I could see them was by looking at my "all mail" folder on Gmail.
1999 Suburban LS 2500 w/7.4L V8
1974 GMC 4108a - Custom Coach Land Cruiser (Sold)
richard5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 01:31 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard5933 View Post
Doubt that's the case.

Have you checked your spam folder(s)?

I had a situation on Gmail recently - emails from another forum I'm on weren't going to spam, but they were being snagged from my inbox and flagged as suspicious. The only way I could see them was by looking at my "all mail" folder on Gmail.
Yea, thanks Richard. I just checked and made sure I had them going to my inbox...so I will see if it changes tomorrow.
Old 11-14-2022, 02:39 PM   #6
diesel maniac

Airstream - Other
Tucson , AZ
I had it happen at iRV2 which is run by the same group. What happened is I was out of the country and replied to some threads and my notification emails bounced back as undeliverable so the administrators disabled my email notifications. When I was back in the US I went into my user CP and enabled global email notifications and all was good. Go to USERCP>EDIT OPTIONS>GLOBAL EMAIL SETTINGS and make sure the box is unchecked. (Global email settings is at the bottom of the messages and notifications box)
Old 11-15-2022, 10:42 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
I'm good.
Old 11-15-2022, 11:16 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2018 27' Globetrotter
Mooresville , North Carolina
One day in the past 2 weeks I had -0- emails… none at all. I found it odd that I didn’t have any from subscribed threads as well. I had just returned from a trip to the Dominican Republic so that may have triggered it as someone else mentioned. After a few days back all was back to normal. Have no idea why. I thought maybe everyone agreed on Tow vehicles / hitches and EV use and there were no more disagreements!
GOUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 09:02 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSNO60 View Post
I had it happen at iRV2 which is run by the same group. What happened is I was out of the country and replied to some threads and my notification emails bounced back as undeliverable so the administrators disabled my email notifications. When I was back in the US I went into my user CP and enabled global email notifications and all was good. Go to USERCP>EDIT OPTIONS>GLOBAL EMAIL SETTINGS and make sure the box is unchecked. (Global email settings is at the bottom of the messages and notifications box)
Thanks Brian. I followed your suggestion and it was not checked. Everything there looks normal. I just left a vmail with the folks who manage this. (I think I did, anyway?) We shall see if I get an email or call back on this. 5th day now...no emails from the Forum...whats a retired guy to do with all this extra time?.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:11 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOUSC View Post
One day in the past 2 weeks I had -0- emails… none at all. I found it odd that I didn’t have any from subscribed threads as well. I had just returned from a trip to the Dominican Republic so that may have triggered it as someone else mentioned. After a few days back all was back to normal. Have no idea why. I thought maybe everyone agreed on Tow vehicles / hitches and EV use and there were no more disagreements!
Ha, Ha! That would mean we all agree.... Day 5 now with no emails...tried to contact them again this morning..I did get an Text saying they sent me an email yesterday, but I did not receive..."dah"...and I don't have them in my junk or blocked emails...not sure what is going on.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:25 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Longmont , Colorado
Here is something to try but you will temporarily need another email address. Go into User CP and email settings and change the email to something else you have access to and save it. Verify the email per instructions then do the same thing to change it back to your original email. Sometimes a special character you can't see can accidentally get inserted either into your email address or the database record which may cause problems with their server software or POP. By changing your email to something else and then back it should create a new record in the database which would clean up any accidental stuff. It is a long shot but sounds like you have tried everything else.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:25 PM   #12
1 Rivet Member

2021 25' Globetrotter
Hudson , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
I notice last 4 days, no email alerts from posts here on the Forum in threads I am following. Anyone else have this issue?
New credit card and forum will not let me log in. Help. I have a buyer who wants to contact me, but forum refuses to give my email without signing in.
Chuck Bye.
chuckbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 02:26 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2021 25' Globetrotter
Hudson , Wisconsin
Help. Can not sign in as I have a new credit card. Chuck Bye
chuckbye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 03:52 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Look at the bottom of the portal page and pm one of the mods, whose names are in bold print.

They may be able to help you.

Maggie