Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2017, 07:40 PM   #81
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Hanover , Pennsylvania
Still looking for pictures of a twin version of the Globetrotter. Has anyone seen any?

Thanks!
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:54 AM   #82
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tulare , California
The Airstream website has 1 twin shot in Barcelona blue.
HDsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 08:59 PM   #83
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Interesting that most seem to not like the Globetrotter decor. To us it's the only Airstream decor we might consider other than the Classic. Of course, we're not fans of a rear door front queen floor plan, so we'd have no interest unless they added a 30' front door rear twin model. That said, we love our Classic, so won't be changing, but we do like the Globetrotter decor. I guess that's 1 like vs. many dislikes, but I doubt they'll have any troubles selling them.
Well I saw a Globetrotter in person today and that changed my mind. It looks nice, but loses too many points on practicality.

Biggest disappointment was the roof lockers. The door openings are so far above the floor of the bins that they had to put mirrors inside so that you can see what's in the bottom of them. At 6' 1", I could not see the bottoms without the mirrors. I wonder if the mirrors would work for someone significantly shorter, or if the bins were partially full.

Also, the curved roof locker doors have no handles. This is not a big issue when opening them, but presents a problem closing them. One option is to pull them down until the spring loaded hinge takes over and causes them to slam. The other option is to use one hand to pull them down and then the other hand to ease them closed. This is due to the curved nature of the doors that do not allow a good one handed grip. There would be no using one hand to open and close while retrieving contents with the other hand.

Next, the microwave below the cooktop is much too low to be used. No way to read the tiny labels on the buttons without sitting on the floor in front of the microwave. Some other models with a low mounted microwave at least have a dinette bench across the aisle from the microwave that can be sat on while loading, unloading, or programming the microwave. No such option on the Globetrotter.

Finally, the bedroom nightstands are abnormally low (at least on the queen bed model I saw), which would render them useless to us.

Others opinions may vary, but to us the Globetrotter is another case of style over usability. We'll keep our Classic.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:24 AM   #84
Rivet Master

2023 23' International
Macon , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
Next, the microwave below the cooktop is much too low to be used. No way to read the tiny labels on the buttons without sitting on the floor in front of the microwave. Some other models with a low mounted microwave at least have a dinette bench across the aisle from the microwave that can be sat on while loading, unloading, or programming the microwave. No such option on the Globetrotter.
You can get the microwave in the pullout pantry option (which we have in our 27FB). This puts the microwave at approximately eye level. Then you also get the propane oven below the cooktop. I understand the new propane oven has electric lighting which is a huge improvement over the pilot light in our oven. You don't have to light the pilot every time you want to use the oven. We like having the propane oven when we are off the grid and can't use a microwave.
Roadtech is offline   Reply With Quote