Old 08-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
I stand behind the Winegard Razar batwing retrofit. When I spoke to them the power of the Razar is just a good but provides that on BOTH sides AND is tuned for the newer frequencies. There was an immediate improvement on my TV from the batwing.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:59 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari
Fort Myers , Florida
Quote:
Having said that my question is...... If I'm boon docking and use my wingard antenna will I be able to receive signal/free tv? And if I'm at an RV park that offers cable will I have to upgrade my existing tv (in the trailer) to a smart tv in order to watch local channels?

I have a smart TV and three dumb flat panels! Two of them are in my trailer- the smart one and another. Basically a smart TV is one that provides connectivity and computer-likefeatures-- playing video/audio files, internet, etc. The TV part is really no different from any flat panel.

It is true that there is a shift in frequencies for the new digital broadcasts. The batwing with the HD (Nose) added is an excellent antenna; however, it was tuned to the older frequencies. You can make a simple upgrade by getting the Razor retro kit as it uses the same crank and bar system that the batwing uses.

Old 08-15-2015, 10:33 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsterinfl View Post
I stand behind the Winegard Razar batwing retrofit. When I spoke to them the power of the Razar is just a good but provides that on BOTH sides AND is tuned for the newer frequencies. There was an immediate improvement on my TV from the batwing.
If you read the reviews that Razar is not as good at the Sensar with the Wingman upgrade or the new Sensars have that Wingman built in.

King Jack makes an antenna that fits the Wingard Base and Arms that is probably the best deal.

Perry