Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2002, 11:12 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

Craig, FlushKing actually makes a model with a 45 degree elbow. I bought this model because of clearance issues. The nice thing is you can turn the adapter 90 degrees so as not to interfere with the valve levers. I think you will be amazed what comes out when you back-flush the black tank. The first time I used it I had to flush four times before it was clear. Let us know how you like it.
On The Road, USA
gwsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 11:30 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Jerry,
Mine also has the 45 degree elbow but the water connection inserted into the clear elbow hit the underside and did not provide the proper clearance. When I changed the angle of the Flush King, the valve body hit the underside. By hooking up another clear 45 degree elbow then attaching the Flush King, I was able to get the proper clearance.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 12:48 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

Craig. okay, now I understand. Thanks
On The Road, USA
gwsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2002, 01:27 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
No problem. I would not have known that they offered a straight version if someone had not mentioned it within the last several weeks on the forum. The literature that came with my unit showed drawings of the 45 degree unit only and did not mention the other option. Thanks anyway.

AIR #0078
3.73 rear end
Old 02-18-2005, 11:04 AM   #25
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Thetford to Flush King

Greetings, All -

I purchased a Flush King last weekend from Camping World and when I tried to use it, it would not fit (the drain fitting on the Safari was too big.) I searched the forum for that kind of issue, found a part number from a couple of years ago, then checked back at Camping World. They had never heard of the part.

What do you guys who use Flush Kings do? Where did you get your adapter?

Thanks - Pat.
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 12:11 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
The FlushKing fits a standard bayonette fitting. Airstreams use a Thetford fitting which is just a little larger. It drives you nuts just like standard and metric bolts on cars. Valterra makes an adapter that fits your Thetford and allows the FlushKing to fit with no problem. The Camping World employee you talked to should be chastised for not knowing the difference. They sell Thetford as well as all kinds of other standard fittings at our closest Camping World in Nashville.

AIR #0078
3.73 rear end
Old 02-18-2005, 01:11 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

The Thetford liquid does have formaldahyde in it. There was an article in Trailer Life recently about form.... and it said that it was OK as long as too much wasn't used all at once. And too much would have been about 5 gallons for a 50 gal tank. It's made me re-think the freebie fluid they give out here and there.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:17 PM   #28

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore
Greetings, All -

What do you guys who use Flush Kings do? Where did you get your adapter?

Thanks - Pat.
Pat, I know that on my 2001 Safari I wanted to change to a cap with a small hose thread on the outside so I could easily drain grey water through a hose. The only cap I could find to fit the end was a Valterra cap. Unless things have changed, the Safari and Classic models use different fittings. The Valterra cap wouldn't fit on my new Classic and I found a Thetford cap at my local dealership. You might check with your closest dealer to identify what brand of cap fits your termination opening. From that you probably contact Flush King and get the proper adapter.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:03 AM   #29
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Thanks, Craig and Jack.

I'll look up Valterra and see if I can find a Thetford to Valterra adaptor. I tried the Flush King on my B-in-L's SOB trailer and was impressed with how well it worked.

Pat.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:03 PM   #30
Cartoon Character

2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
The adapter is called a "Universal Adapter."

I broke two of them in one day ... story later.

Went to Dillons in Mesa ... they are an Airstream dealer ...did not have one in stock ... the parts guy had never heard of it ... they have never carried it. I found that rather strange.

They were good enough to order two for me ... had them the next day ... paid $5.39 each.

More about my experience with Dillons today .. in another thread ... just as soon as I cool off a bit.

TrailerGypsies.com
WBCCI #3405 — Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:24 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1987 29' Sovereign
Sparta , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to wingfoot321
Previous owner left potty-toddy tabs in coach. Have been using them and am very satisfied.

I have a friend who just the other day bought "Biz" laundry detergent and told me he had used it for years. Apparently has enzymes and he thought it did a great job.

He spends about 5 months a year in his unit so I may give it a try the next time I need chemical.
wingfoot321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:08 AM   #32
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElliottBartlett
The Thetford liquid does have formaldahyde in it. There was an article in Trailer Life recently about form.... and it said that it was OK as long as too much wasn't used all at once. And too much would have been about 5 gallons for a 50 gal tank. It's made me re-think the freebie fluid they give out here and there.
I suspect you'd need to see this not on an individual basis, but on the basis of all the folks in a park. If everybody used formaldahyde, it would tend to concentrate into the park's system and cause problems. Best advice, then, is to avoid formaldahyde.

Lynn
Old 02-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #33
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I ordered (rather, I had Camping World order) an adaptor. I was glad to find a part number on this forum. Porky - I'm eager to hear about your "adventure".

Pat
Old 02-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #34
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I bought a big bottle of the Potty Toddy Tabs years ago when I had the Scamp with a 6-gallon black tank. I cut all of the tabs in half for that tank and they worked quite well.

I later had a TrailManor with a recirculating Airline-type toilet. I had to start using lots of the blue liquid to keep odors down. I still had a half bottle of the tabs. BTW: if anyone trys to sell you a recirculating toilet, run the other way, fast. They are a disaster!

I tried some of the liquid bacteria. It didn't work well on the recirculating toilet, but worked well in the Scamp.

Over the three years that I have had Airstreams, I have variously used either nothing at all or just one of the half-tabs in the tank. I have never had an odor problem in all that time except just one time when the toilet spring broke and the flush slide didn't seal properly. I do flush out the tank near the end of trips whenever possible to prevent any buildup.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote