Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #41
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Seems like the clear solution is a set of ear buds or noise canceling headphones. Welcome to the high tech era.

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Leave the rug rats at home!
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #43
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I'd like to add to the ban list:

1. Fire. I hate smelling like smoke.

2. Dogs. (Except mine)

3. Children. Too noisy.

4. Grumpy old people.

The irony of this list warms my stony cold heart [emoji3]
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 05:55 AM   #44
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

We drive 6 hours (in the rain no less) and set up here. That stupid loud bird followed us the whole way. It's back chirping right outside the window !!! We obviously need to do something about this ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:19 AM   #45
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeydog View Post
Answer to OP: $$$$$$
^^^^^ x2

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:24 AM   #46
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

We drive 6 hours (in the rain no less) and set up here. That stupid loud bird followed us the whole way. It's back chirping right outside the window !!! We obviously need to do something about this ....

Bob
Not allowed to start a gun thread.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:28 AM   #47
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Hiawassee , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrvr View Post
Not allowed to start a gun thread.
#8 shot?
KK4YZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 06:46 AM   #48
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Why do we....

Ass-u-me that CG's will be any quieter than any other gathering of recreational humans, if you're goal is a piece of quiet...go alone and keep your mouth shut.
Party on...who's got the Rum?☠️
WHAT...you forgot the Mandolin.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 06-10-2019, 08:54 AM   #49
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
You know I've been staying in RV parks pretty heavy the last five years. Some of it was when I was working out of town and living in the RV. I only had this amplified music problem once. It was in Texas one Friday night. The welders were having a party across the road. Beer, BBQ, music......It wasn't too bad in the trailer. I just think my annoyance was that they didn't invite me over.

Maybe y'all are just too grumpy or you're going to the wrong places.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 09:12 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Burning Man Festival in northern Nevada was planned so that all other RV campsites will be quiet and peaceful for a short period of time.

Plan your Western USA trips around the Festival. Volume at the Festival is measured in miles from the center. Five miles is mildly quiet. Ten... you may be eaten by those starving from not getting to the Festival early enough to get within three miles of the fire and brimstone.

Another tip. Want to avoid the campground crowds. November to February in North Dakota and Wisconsin would be a good start. Add most other States beginning in October to March. Add extra blankets.

Global Warming is also to be considered. We had frost on our pumpkins camped in June in New Mexico. The warming part of this forecast was obviously in error.

Avoid hot locations in the Summer Months. Air Conditioning units. July to August is the peak in these areas, as well. Although most are not operating properly, or not at all. Be aware.

Generators? When they are not running, they are quiet.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:05 AM   #51
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by KK4YZ View Post
#8 shot?
Hi

I usually go lighter when shooting song birds early in the morning in a campground. Maybe #11 ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:30 AM   #52
2020 Globetrotter 25 FBT

2020 25' Globetrotter
Wildwood , Missouri
We camped with our kids for ten years. Took our pop up everywhere (mostly out west). They yelled and screamed and rode their bicycles all over the campgrounds. We sat by the fires at night and probably laughed too loud.
I apologize if I ruined anyone else’s trip. We never played loud music though.
Last year in the Black Hills our neighbors had kids up at night, on bikes, and a dog. They apologized to us once as we walked by. I assured them it was no problem at all. Almost music to our ears, as it brought back some great memories. They ended up coming over to see what the inside of an AS looked like.
I agree about loud music and loud generators. I’ve actually found the private campgrounds in Missouri are worse than the state parks. (As far as noise pollution is concerned). Oh, and non stop barking dogs.. Agh! I guess a kid laughing is more natural to me than a dog barking. I can’t explain that.

Previous AS trailers: (04) 19’ Bambi, and (11) FC 23FB
GettinAway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:04 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
You all missed the correct answer which is to camp in your driveway. Why because you can go either way dry camp or hook up to your house fo AC
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:19 AM   #54
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
I have had one experience with loud music and party people at a campground in the forest to the west, outside Kalispell, Montana. After sunset... it became quiet. The CAMP HOST kicked them out, or they were just there to raise the Dead and leave. Either way... good.

I am the quiet camper. Like Blazing Saddles, I enjoy sitting around the campfire discussing things I find interesting with people with similar interests.

You know, muskrat farming, potato juggling... normal stuff.

Baked Beans and Beer are great social mixers. Keeps the 'prudes' and those who want to gossip at a distance. Well... keeps most everyone at a distance and the horses need to be tied to a tree. I do not want to hear about your tow vehicle, trailer tires or how many pillows you haul on your queen sized bed in your Airstream.

You know... the 'Wayward Wind'. Great sing a long, if done quietly.

Our Blue Heelers... they are not much better around the Campfire... in a Tent or riding in their Pet Porters on the back seat of the truck when traveling.

Having a Sense of Humor is more important than how nice your hair cut looks or knowing what today's date may be. Many confuse humor with making a fool of one self. Not so.

Look at the expressions of those standing around, worried that they may be bitten if they moved away.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #55
rbs
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Decatur , Illinois
Loud?

we seem to have a good time where ever we go, so I guess we adapt, life's too short
rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 08:08 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
For all you fussy camper in the words of my Granddaughter "Suck it up Buttercup".
Old 06-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Again after continuing to read all of the comments another saying comes to mind. It is from my Mother " One's person's antiques are another person's junk.

Bottom line is we all look differently on what we like to do camping. so if you can't enjoy yourself camping find another hobby like staying in a resort in DR.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
The right to silence doesn't Trump the right to listen to music, but at the same time finding a medium of common respect for those around us is usually easy enough.

Some people are inconsiderate by being loud, and some people are inconsiderate by finding fault with every situation, that's just reality, it's fortunate that most people fit in between, knowing that living among humans best accomplished with some give and take as the alternative is constant misery and conflict.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Bend , Oregon
A lot of this had me in stitches! Thanks for the laughs!

I have to agree to adding other peoples dogs and grumpy people to the list, i have that covered according to my wife!

As for music, we have a jice bluetooth speaker we use, once on we walk around a bit to make sure it is not too loud. We just like a little music in our lives.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Portion of original post, "I am kind of dismayed that in general folks don't get shut down for this obnoxious activity until 10 PM. Since the vast majority of campers are generally quiet and would prefer the same from others, why do campgrounds allow this?"

They don't disallow it because music is a great joy to many people. They do however regulate it the best they can. The campground management have chosen an average time of 10 p.m. where many bit not all people might be winding down for the evening. Maybe it would be helpful if at 10 p.m. the campground host would do a loop through the campground to see if there is a violation. At that time the host could give that camper a gentle reminder.

Anytime you go to a place where people gather you are going to have people problems. Just because you left your neighborhood, your home , your driveway and moved all your stuff to another location does not mean that people are going to behave any differently than they do on a regular basis.

Some people are intentionally selfish and could not care less whether you can hear their music or enjoy it or not.

Some people are going to push the boundaries just a little bit and see if nobody minds their music and they can listen to it past 10.

Some people are just a little impervious to think that anything they do is bothering or impacting anybody.

Some people are intentionally defiant and their goal is to turn it up, rock on and tell you to f off.

People will be people, we have to police ourselves, obey the rules, find a happy medium, exhibit some tolerance, suck it up, let It go and shrug it off.

And maybe the next time that I'm doing something that drives somebody crazy they will offer me the same grace. We would rather you come over and mention it to us politely vs bottling it all up inside and then come stomping over to my camp ground when you are fed up.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote