Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2010, 08:56 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1957 26' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Saint Augustine , Florida
Oh, that's great-- you'll have to PM when you're in town in FL :-)
A lot of Saint Augustine is yankee folk relocated- at least part-time.
I guess because it's not really "Florida" by the architecture and trees, but it's FL for the weather. I had friends here and stayed one night and fell in love. I'm homesteaded but spend 1/2 year in CT still~ hubby's business is up there.

Funny-- today I met two NH natives- from Exeter?E-something.. shoot- can't remember now. Anyway- really nice young couple who are renting part time here only two blocks away. It's funny how it's such a small world!

rae

AIR # 42703
TCT Member
TAC # FL~6
WBCCI # 1464

'57 Overlander thread:"the end of the rainbow is silver"
Silverfoxrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:08 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1968 17' Caravel
Marblehead , Hasslechusetts
Best part about New Hampshire is that it is right next to Vermont and Maine. Another good thing about NH is it is NOT Massachusetts. Finally, and perhaps best of all, NH has no sales tax! (But they do have a 9% "meals and services" tax that includes CAMPING).

How many representatives do you think there are in the State House at Concord (not including the NH State Senate)? The answer will surprise you.
"Best #@! Hamfest on the Planet!"

www.near-fest.com
mistermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:27 AM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Nawthin' , Hemisphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfoxrae View Post
Funny-- today I met two NH natives- from Exeter?E-something.. shoot- can't remember now. Anyway- really nice young couple who are renting part time here only two blocks away. It's funny how it's such a small world! rae
If one half of that couple came from Exeter, I'll bet the better half was from E pping... ? (Couple "E" towns close together.)

Never put the architecture thing together, but maybe that's why it feels good and trees is nice ! We have become enamored with the "real florida"

Thanks for the invite, we'll give a shout out when we are in your area again, hope you will do the same.

T & K

T & K

B4WEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Nawthin' , Hemisphere
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
Another good thing about NH is it is NOT Massachusetts.....How many representatives do you think there are in the State House at Concord (not including the NH State Senate)? The answer will surprise you.
Heh, heh, heh.... I dunno Mike... depending on who you ask, somedays us flatlanders are starting to feel like our area is becoming "Northern Massachusetts".... Head North young man !

I had to look it up, and it looks like 400 is the magic number. I've sat in on a few subcommittee hearings up in Concord and spent a little time observing the process.... it is pretty amazing and helped me realize, I don't think I'm cut out for politics !

I keep saying I'm going to get over to Deerfield one year... maybe I'll see you there !

T & K
K1KKY

T & K

B4WEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 02:41 PM   #25
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Killingworth , Connecticut
Hidden campsite gems in Northern NH?

Looking to spend a couple nights in early June. 16ft sport, two dogs. Don't mind being without utilities for a secluded/in the wild experience! Any recs much appreciated!
teddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 03:32 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Thanks for bumping this very old thread, and for starting your new one:

https://www.airforums.com/forums/f42...th-221535.html
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote