Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2003, 01:17 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Cary , North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to jjonesnc
NEW Curtains!

Knew there had to me somebody!!!

www.jpadrapes.com/features.html
jjonesnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 08:37 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Good Day,

I got a set of curtains from JPA a few years back. They were professional, curtious, and fast. I have had zero problems with them since. I highly recommend them.

Sean
Sean Hegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:30 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1997 34' Limited
1963 22' Safari
Troy , Michigan
We ordered from ambrose this spring and were VERY impressed with the quality, packing and marking. We installed from the box and they still look like they were just pressed!
airstream4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 03:54 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Austin , Texas
Ditto on the JP drapes,

But,,, I did have one elastic pop off on mine but got it sewed back on with no problems. For the money you and I have paid I would fully expect to be hearing these rave reviews.

Chas
Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:01 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Cary , North Carolina
Send a message via Yahoo to jjonesnc
Speaking of price.....around what can i expect to pay for a full set of curtains from him for a 80' Excella II rear Bath, center twin?
jjonesnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:10 PM   #6
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Based on pricing from March 2002 that I have in my file:

Full Set 624.00

LR only 422.00

Bedroom only 201.00

This was for my 28 Ft MH. It is laid out with 2 center curtains in the rear center. It is a rear bath.

He will send you a quote and samples at no charge.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 08:28 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Thumbs up Drapes

I also ordered their drapes. Very high quality, good communication, they should last 20-25 years, I will have them paid off in 5 more years
Repodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:26 AM   #8
Herritt

1973 25' Tradewind
Victoria , BC
Talking Cheap Drapes (Homemade)

I have made my own drapes for my 73 Tradewind, with great success. The whole project cost me less than $100.00 cdn.

They fit better than the org. that I took down.

Take a look at my new drapes.
(hope the picture got attached)
Attached Images

Herritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 10:28 AM   #9
Herritt

1973 25' Tradewind
Victoria , BC
Talking Close up look at new drapes

This is the close up view.
Attached Images

Old 09-09-2003, 11:04 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

You did a very nice job with the drapes. How did you work the bottom edge?

Heidi
hhuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 12:56 PM   #11
Herritt

1973 25' Tradewind
Victoria , BC
Talking Curtins

The bottom edge is identical to the top. I have put velcro closures in the centre and snaps on the ends to fasten them to the wall just like the org. I guess the trick in getting the bottom pleats to be square/line up with the top pleats was to do alot of marking before I started sewing. I had to order a few extra T tabs from inland rv. But for the most part I reused all the old T-tabs. With new elastic in the old T-tabs of course.

My cost was so cheap for I am a bargan shopper. The fabric was bought on sale (3 meters for the price of 1). Its a drapery fabric with a backing.

My next sewing project is to do all the upholstrey. My upholstrey is in perfect condition, but I don't like the print. Already I have the material bought, again at a bargin. This project will cost me less than $50.00 cdn.
Old 09-10-2003, 08:34 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member

new drapes

I just installed my new drapes from jpadrapes.com and I was impressed with the quality, and workmanship. They fit perfectly, and I too installed from the box ( no pressing needed). I love them and would highly recommend them to anyone needing drapes for an airstream. We have a 1977 airstream.
MECHANIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 07:46 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

Herritt,

Those drapes look wonderful! I have no experience sewing but my husband - who is jack-of-all-trades does. He will be sewing the cushions once we get that far, but I wanted to get some cool fabric online that is on sale.

Might I ask all - how do you measure for drapes?

Got to get enough since this stuff is on "clearance" and I just love it! Willing to make the cushions red/yellow to match the drapes! With a few throw pillows - that I can handle!!

Thanks!
Stellablu
stellablu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 02:11 AM   #14
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Window Treatments

"If it weren't for Venetian Blinds, it'd be curtains for all of us!"...my fav. cousin from Kelowna says (that's in British Columbia for those who haven't an idea).

Herritt...
We have the SAME "icon"...YEY!!! Boo! on the NJ Devils...!

Nice job on your pleated curtains...very nice job. (& this comes from someone who has done this for a (good) living for the past 11 years.
& "Stella Blue"...Go to any good fabric store and ask to consult with their "home deco" expert; and ask them. The general rule of thumb is 2 & 1/2 times the width of where you want them to go. Herritt probably has something to share with you...that will specifically apply to Airstreams.

I wanted to 'depart' from the traditional pleated curtains, so I did something completely 'out of the box'.
I'll have the wooden valances installed in Bear within the next 2 weeks. My installer injured his leg...and hasn't been able to work for me for about 2 months. I have the wooden "venetian" blinds up..but there's ORANGE wool 'poodle cloth' tie-backs AND WHITE lace tie-backs next to them...and they are not up yet BECAUSE they are attached to the wooden valance. Once they are up...the whole "triple" look will be complete...and I will share the photos.

Isn't this Forum great...! I love sharing these ideas.
Old 10-27-2003, 02:13 AM   #15
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
oops...and another Country heard from

I thought I'd get them both in side by side...For some reason, the American Flag wouldn't download. Since I'm sort of a "Duly"...I wanted them to be side-by-side... Drats! oh well.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:12 PM   #16
Herritt

1973 25' Tradewind
Victoria , BC
Canadian Flag

Cat, I must confest, I downloaded you flag for I though It was wonderful. I guess I should have asked first.

When are you coming over to Victoria? Love to give you the tour of my Airstream in person.

Herritt
Old 10-27-2003, 09:43 PM   #17
Herritt

1973 25' Tradewind
Victoria , BC
Measuring and pattern

stellablu,

Sorry for not getting back to you on your question about How to measure. Cat was right. drapes are 2 to 2 1/2 times the width of the window.

The pattern that I used with modifcations. Was 2 times the width. The basic pattern that I used for the instructions that I used to learn how to make pleats I found on this website or link.

http://www.conso.com/pdf_misc/Pinch.pdf

I made my pleats only double pleats. the pattern shows triple pleats. After all the double pleats were made I turn the curtins over and made single pleats in the center of each panel. Thus having double pleats in front and single pleats in the back. Like the organials were made. I used verco closures, and fasterns on the ends.

After making all my drapes I know why there so expensive to buy. It was a very time consumeing project. I'm sure it was 20 hours of works. At about $15.00 dollars hr. That $300.00 dollars saved in my pocket.

My drapes fit perfectly, and will provide many years of good use. I'm very fussy, I like quality, these are quality drapes.

Herritt
Old 10-31-2003, 01:27 AM   #18
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Per Hour

Herritt,
Try $35.00 per hour! I've had a business in the States where I've been getting that rate since 1996. I'm sure it's up to $40 now.
I'll be up to Victoria in April I think.
I have a member of my Yahoo Group who is going to the University there (she's from Ontario)...and another member from the Forum here... Ephriam (1977 Soveriegn). So, that's 4 of us who could meet for a spot of tea eh? Carole, Ephriam, You & me.
How FUN. I know Ephriam will still be there, and you,,,I just have to be sure I come up BEFORE Carole is finished with her classes and heads back to Ontario.
We'll keep in touch by PM, ok?
I want to check out that hyperlink you included, and I will.
Will you upload a photo of your finished drapes? Oh! were those the white ones shown before? I'm sorry, I'm sporting a very bad headache from spinal problems. I get a little "loopy" from it.
If you still have the flag, could you upload it to me at TinLizzy8131@yahoo.com ? --- Thanx.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:31 AM   #19
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Herritt,
We have the same ICON...
EXACTLY the same Canadian Flag! Hard to tell whose message is whose, for me with this headache.
Was the flag you tried to upload for me, an American Flag? Because I'd really like to find the TWO together, so I could have them both as my ICON.
Old 02-01-2004, 10:24 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
Cool upholstery

does anyone know anything about upholstering a flip out sofa from 1993 Excella..we just brought home our "new" to us first time ever "airstream" yesterday...spent all day and last night cleaning it.. The more we cleaned the more that needed cleaning..anyway, the sofa looks awful and it is a flip up type..need a little direction here please, also the fiberglass shower, med cabinet and door latch coved are all yellowed. Have tried bleach, cleaner and boat hull cleaner.. they are lilghter but not white...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I guess now that we actually own an airstream we are officially airstreamers...yay...from the warm lowcountry of the south or it is supposed to be...was onlly 45 today..ugh...