Old 05-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #15

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob
We had zero problems with our 2005 34' slideout. Talk about an awesome machine. I still mainatin that the 34 is the greatest machine ever built. Our only issue was it (the slide out) was built on carpeting as a platform. Carpeting in an RV? Outside, fire place, red clay, foot tracks, yada yada? Call me crazy.
We attempted to delete the carpet at build time. In the fall of 2003, Airstream would not do it since they said the stainless steel rollers which are under the slide room would ruin a vinyl floor. I believe we have another slide out owner on the Forum who was able to get his built without the carpet. I haven't heard how his floor is holding up over time.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #16

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB
how about when you put out the stablizers on soft ground at a campground, and they settle. I'm betting that could cause problems.
Curious the 34ft slide out lounge is such a great floorplan. Does anyone know why they discontinued it?
BobB
When I'm on a soft surface I'll put one of my Lynx Leveler blocks under each pad. That distributes that pressure over a little wider area. When I drop the jack leg down I'll stop just as I notice the trailer starting to rise. I don't let it carry any significant weight, just stopping right at the point where you see the trailer body show a lift. I only do this over soft ground since I know that pressure will be relieved fairly quickly by the ground being depressed over time. That keeps the stand from floating free of ground contact.

Jack

AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:24 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Rockville , CT
this is what happened. the slide would only deploy 1/2 way. I stopped by a large nearby RV dealer and asked if they worked on PowerGear slideout mechanisms, and could they work on an Airstream. They APPEARED knowlegable, and said they worked on power gear systems.
What a mess. 200 dollar later and 20 miles down the road after I parked at home, the slide was out 1.5 in on bottom. Went to a rally, only one lock would retract, next morning both retracted but slideout would not deploy, it would not move.
Brought it to Airstream dealer............1000.00 dollars later
he opened up the access panel under the slide and bolts and nuts FELL OUT. the microswitches on the locks were all loose.
I guess the lesson here is to ONLY GO TO AIRSTREAM DEALER....
hopefully I'll have no further issues!
Bob