Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #81
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
You may be in luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like this same unit is once again going on an "estate sale" and the add seems to be current.

2006 Airstream A-37 Triple Slide Diesel, Estate Sale!!!, Tampa FL - 108494589 - RVTrader.com

This is an A37 with the three slides and all electric. It has, for some reason, received an upgraded Cummins engine. (that may be good?)

A detailed inspection is always a must.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdan View Post
Thanks for the reply.Wife and I are planning extensive travel in the future and are considering a motorhome. We enjoy the Airstream community and rallies and would like to stay a member in the future. That is the reason for my interest in Airstream motorhomes with multiple slides. I am finding the inventory is slim for later models with multiple slides. We are in no hurry, so I do have time on my side. Maybe that person who bought that one unique unit is reading this. If so, I'm looking and Interested. Thanks again.
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
David Stewart. (after loosing my NAVIGATOR)
masseyfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #82
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
2001 Airstream Diseil Pusher

Here's one for sale at PPL in Houston, Texas.

2001 Airstream Land Yacht 39XL for Sale - D764 - PPL Motor Homes
Old 11-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #83
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
I had seen that on a recent search for mid-entry. It came up as the floor plan shows a mid entry by mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks good though.

Dave
"LOVE and LOSS, are two of the greatest emotions one can experience. -- I went to school to learn about "WHAT GOES UP MUST COME DOWN" but I had to live my life to learn the lesson of: 'WITH LOVE THERE WILL BE SORROW'."
Old 11-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #84
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Missouri City , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
I had seen that on a recent search for mid-entry. It came up as the floor plan shows a mid entry by mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks good though.

Dave
Yes, that would have been an interesting layout. It looks like a unit that I have seen at our local unit Airstream rallies with the clear plastic front cover. But I can't be sure. Is a nice looking coach.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #85
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Looks like a nice 2002 '365' currently available on Freds site. Located in Melburne, Florida.

2002 Airstream Land Yacht XC 365 Motorhome (A) | ViewRVs.com

Dave
Old 12-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #86
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
This might be worth looking at for XMAS. 98 Cutter.

1998 Airstream Cutter Diesel Pusher Motorhome, 1x Slide, Obo | 1998 Airstream Motorhome in Kansas City MO | 3559107577 | Used Motorhomes & RVs on Oodle Marketplace

If it is the original owner, (looks like it might be?) you have the advantage of getting the history with it.

Kansas, 114000 miles. Says at bottom the location is Kansas City, MO.

Always take the time to inspect any potential purchase and proceed with caution when spending with your hard earned $$$$$$$.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1- cutter 1998-airstream-cutter-diesel-pusher-motorhome-1x-slide-obo_m38ku.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	201961  
Old 12-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #87
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
A rare SKYDECK available now in Yutan, NE. Low 46000 miles on Cat.

This may have been the last SKYDECK made. 2006????

2006 Airstream Skydeck, Yutan NE - 111454283 - RVTrader.com

I guess here, but AIRSTREAM moved back to Cummins for the 2006 70th anniversary models, so I suspect this is the last production with the CAT engine and should have an early 06 production line date.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2006 Skydeck.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	202195   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006 Skydeck 1.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	202196  

Name:	2006 Skydeck 2.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	202197   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006 Skydeck 3.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	202200  

Old 12-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #88
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
The deep discount market for quality Class A units has now passed. You will now have trouble finding bargain basement prices on good units.

The cost of new high quality units, and the lack of well maintained used units available, has now sucked up the price of used units in excellent condition by approx. 30% and this trend will probably continue now into the new year.

The economy seems to be crawling out of the deep hole of the past 6 years and we are optimistic that trend will continue.

There will always be "bargains" to be had, but they usually come with considerable cost for those who do not do their detailed pre-purchase inspection.

But remember, just because the used unit carries a premium price, that does not necessarily verify it is top notch condition. A complete inspection is in order before any purchase.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a nice 2002 390XL (single slide) available in California now but not cheap! 35000 Miles.

2002 Airstream Land Yacht Xl390 , Class A - Diesel RV For Sale in Los Osos, California | Joseph Myers | RVT.com - 141940

Check out the bottom of that page for more Airstream Class A units available now.

Dave
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2002 XL390 Airstream, California.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	202278  
Old 01-10-2014, 07:35 PM   #89
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
It's difficult to determine whether some of these adds are current?

If this is still available, it represents the "AIRSTREAM CLASS" in a beautiful motorhome.

Not everything I want, but it does have the Cummins power and only two slides which is two more than I would order on a new one.

You should always do an onsite check to confirm all this information before purchase.

It is listed with a "Spartin" chassis but I believe this is an error.

Dave

Airstream Land Yacht RV for sale | 2006 Airstream Land Yacht XL 396 Used Diesel Pusher in Corbin, KY | from RV Dealer Valley RV Sales | RVUSA.com Classifieds

2006 Airstream Land Yacht XL 396 - Diesel Pusher

PERFECT INSIDE AND OUT!

2006 AIRSTREAM
LAND YACHT XL 396
400 HP CUMMINS DIESEL ENGINE
31241 MIL
EXTERIOR HEIGHT 11'10"
LENGTH 39'
2 SLIDES
154' SQUARE FOOT OF EXT STORAGE
150 GAL FUEL TANK
105 GAL FRESH WATER TANK
55 GAL BLACK WATER TANK
79 GAL GRAY WATER TANK
2 A/C
2 FURNACES TOTAL OF 50K BTU
Year 2006 Manuf Airstream Brand Airstream Model Land Yacht Floorplan XL 396 Type Diesel Pusher Condition Used Mileage 31,241 Length 39' 0" Price $149,900.00
$123,000.00 Chassis SPARTIN Engine Man. CUMMINS Engine Model 400 Fuel Type Diesel Sleeps 5 Water Capacity (Fresh) 105 Water Capacity (Black) 55 Water Capacity (Grey) 75 Air Conditioners 2 Slideouts 2
Old 01-10-2014, 11:52 PM   #90
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Well -- I seem to be wrong once again.

Airstream did make at least two A39 with 3 slides. We have seen a few of the A37's on different sites, but I had never seen an A39 other than the listing on the Airstream Spec site.

I have now found pictures of two 2006 A39, one new on the lot, discounted for clearance sale in 2007 in California and a used one in Tennessee. So there are some out there somewhere unless they have been scrapped for some reason.

The A39 had 3 slides with a bed East/West and a closet across the rear. The problem was, if the slides were in, you had to climb over the bed to get to the closet. Not that practical for an old fellow like myself.

These A models were all electric and had some of these details listed below.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 AIRSTREAM A39, Winter close-out special. Save over $64,000. Caramel Mocha fabric color, Custom Birdseye Maple cabinetry, Cummins ISL Diesel engine, 100 gallon fuel tank, 10,000 pound trailer hitch capacity, Ultra leather chairs for driver and passenger, Heated exterior mirrors w/remote control, ultra leather sofa, free standing dinette, Hydro Hot Heating System, Convection/Microwave oven, 23 CU FT Home style refrigerator, Probeless tank monitoring system, Solar Panel charging system, 3100 Watt inverter, 12KW Quiet Diesel w/slide out, 79 gallon grey tank, 55 gallon black tank, heated holding tanks, dual fuel fill. Options include 15,000 BTU AC w/heat pump in front, front door awning, CD Changer, Ladder on rear, Remote search light, power cord retractor, skylight, fantastic vent in bathroom, 19' power awning, navigation package, dishwasher and Desert Sand exterior paint.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Airsteam still produced the XL in 2006 and we see more of these around for sale now that they are approaching the 10 year finance wall. They had a North/South bed and came in 390 single slide or 396 double slide. Some reports indicate 10 of these XL units were built for 2006.

At approx. two of these premium units produced a month at Airstream it would indicate that few A39 made it out the door before the company change in direction and production ceased.

The black one in the bottom picture was discounted for quick sale in 2007 for $337779.00 so it was not made for the average working stiff.

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by masseyfarm View Post
You asked about the 39' models and AFAIK there was no 3 slide model in 39'.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	203335   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	203336  

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	203340   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	203341  

Attached Images

Old 01-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #91
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
A39 and A37

Just for nostalgia, here is the advertising brochure on the A39 and A37 models.

http://www.colonialairstream.com/Air...s/a-series.pdf

Dave
Old 01-14-2014, 02:11 PM   #92
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Right now is another example of a quality Class A Diesel Pusher unit that will sell for almost 50% increase in the price it would have brought just 1 or 2 years ago.

This is an eBay unit that is ending in a couple hours.
eBay item number:

The market has defiantly turned around for these units.
Dave

[QUOTE=masseyfarm;1395472]The deep discount market for quality Class A units has now passed. You will now have trouble finding bargain basement prices on good units.

The cost of new high quality units, and the lack of well maintained used units available, has now sucked up the price of used units in excellent condition by approx. 30% and this trend will probably continue now into the new year.

The economy seems to be crawling out of the deep hole of the past 6 years and we are optimistic that trend will continue.

There will always be "bargains" to be had, but they usually come with considerable cost for those who do not do their detailed pre-purchase inspection.

But remember, just because the used unit carries a premium price, that does not necessarily verify it is top notch condition. A complete inspection is in order before any purchase.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:15 PM   #93
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Motorhome Rental

Now you have the chance to rent one of these before pursuing one for purchase.

This Nashville outlet will now rent you an AIRSTREAM SKYDECK, or other unit for your pleasure. Check out their site.

Dave

Airstream Skydeck 390 Rooftop Patio Class A Diesel Pusher for Rent in Nashville tn

Airstream SkyDeck 390 Rooftop Patio

Skydeck 390 by Airstream®
40FT

INTERIOR FLOORPLAN

SKYDECK ROOFTOP FLOORPLAN

DESCRIPTION

Seat Belts10SatelliteOPTIONAL STATIONARYSlide Outs1StoveYesBeds4 Doubles, 3 TwinsOvenYesAwningYesMicrowaveYesGeneratorYesRefrigerator/FreezerYes/YesAC/FurnaceYes/YesShower/ToiletYes/YesTV/DVDYes/YesTowing Capability8,000 lbsFuel TypeDieselFuel Tank 120 galFresh Water90 galBlack Water75 galGrey Water75 gal

Airstream Skydeck 390 Rooftop Patio Class A Diesel Pusher for Rent in Nashville tn

Join Our Email List Email:

Williams Coach Company, LLC | 227 Shady Grove | Nashville, TN 37214 | Phone: (615) 884-5000↓ info@williamsmotorhome.com | Sitemap
Old 04-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #94
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Airstream Class A Diesel Pusher 396XL

Not many of these available any more?? (not many built so you have a beautiful Class A with AIRSTREAM heritage)

This one might be worth taking a close look at. I see it has some clearcoat peel on the front cap, but if the rest of this 396XL is as good as it looks, you might have the opportunity to own one of the nicest looking Class A premium motorhomes on the road today.

These units have large basement storage, and the Freightliner Chassis gives a excellent ride. This Chassis will have the 10000lb rated hitch.

These years Airstream used Cat with Allison.

41000 miles it has hardly been unsed.

This unit is just waiting on your ideas to make it yours!

2004 Airstream Landyacht 396XL Class A Diesel Venice, FL Specs
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	250.8 KB
ID:	209583  
Old 04-15-2014, 07:43 PM   #95
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Interesting that this same unit was mentioned in post 66 of this thread. That was about 9 months ago. Seems like a long time for a quality?? unit to be on the lot. It was in Dover but now it's in Venice. I have a passing interest but the 9 months concerns me. Has anyone seen the unit recently?
Old 04-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #96
2 Rivet Member

2006 39' Land Yacht 396 XL
Casselberry , Florida
It was for sale at Bates RV in Dover when bates was being sold to RV One (which is Tampa RV now). I looked at it there. They were asking $99,900 for it then. We drove it and it ran great but with the painting of the front cap and it has 4 fogged windows we offered them $80,000 at the time. They said no. We found our 2007 396XL in California. Mr Bates has a small dealership in Venice where he took some used air streams to. This was one of them. It would be a good coach at the $70,000 they are asking now.
Toftime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:17 AM   #97
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Byhalia , Mississippi
Appreciate the response.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #98

1996 32' Cutter Bus
Petaluma , California
Airstream Class A Diesel Pushers Available

1995 Landyacht Pusher $6500

Could be a diamond in the rough or a basket case.... or it could be a lie. However, this could be worth it even for parting out. It probably has a Cummins 5.9 turbo, Allison 6-speed, Onan diesel generator among other desirable parts.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/rvs/4434943471.html
AdamB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #99
Lucas S

2000 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel
Fresno , California
I paid $43k for my 2000 XC with 70k miles and it was in mint condition...I could find no flaws on the interior, and the outside is so brilliant more than one person at the RV park has asked me if it's new (though Land Yachts are rare, so I get the lack of familiarity)
Lucas S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #100
1 Rivet Member

1999 35' Cutter Bus Diesel Pusher
pembroke pines , Florida
Looking to sell my beloved Cutter Diesel Pusher

Too much to do these days and as particular about motor home maintenance as I am, not having the time to enjoy it as much.

See my add in RV Trader if interested in the details:

1999 Airstream Cutter, Commerce Twp MI - 112426298 - RVTrader.com
randazj is offline   Reply With Quote