View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2011, 10:12 PM   #477
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
I don't know what questions to ask. Hopefully Andrea will handle most of that. I just hope to find that Disney manages to live up to the hype and that my fears of large numbers of people and long lines are quelled by excellent crowd handling. If all else fails, I'm putting the kids and Andrea with you, Nikki, and I will just sit under the awning and drink beer all day.
All I can say is when you are there, look at it through your children's eyes. I had been to Disney before when I was 18 and didn't get it. There was no magic. However, when I took my kids the joy and magic just shine through. Also plan your days with the kids endurance in mind....my kids might be able to do a full day at the parks but yours might still need naps.

In our experience during mid-June and Christmas (the busiest time of the year), with proper planning and some acceptance the lines are manageable. Since we are going during the week and in a "value" season, I am hoping most of the lines will be on the smaller side.

How tall are your kids? 48 inches? I can take responsibility for the wife but the kids might come back minor adrenaline junkies.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #478
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Forget the kids' naps. I need a nap!

Old 11-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #479
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
We don't travel with less than 10L of wine on board. That'll last us a week :-) Beer is micro stuff usually, so something that I like to buy locally. We like local wine, too. Well, there's not much wine we don't like.
If the beer and wine festival is still going you can just hit epcot every evening but still it will cost ya

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #480
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Forget the kids' naps. I need a nap!
One thing I can promise you is that after a day in the park you will sleep well....every night. Our first trip we did 16 hours in the Magic Kingdom...thankfully the last 2 were sitting on a curb waiting/watching the parade.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-16-2011, 06:17 AM   #481
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand

If the beer and wine festival is still going you can just hit epcot every evening but still it will cost ya
Actually, I looked at that already. But, I saw a cost of, I think, around $200 fot the two of us. I also could not see what the food was or where the wine was coming from. I'm sure I'd eat and drink it regardless, but informationally, I'd like to know. And, what to do with the kids? Maybe some of you informational gurus can find something better than what's on the Disney site.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #482
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Actually, I looked at that already. But, I saw a cost of, I think, around $200 fot the two of us. I also could not see what the food was or where the wine was coming from. I'm sure I'd eat and drink it regardless, but informationally, I'd like to know. And, what to do with the kids? Maybe some of you informational gurus can find something better than what's on the Disney site.
Don't know about the kids... most of the people I've read that have gone either didn't drink the wine or didn't have kids with them. Disney does, I think, have a baby sitting service but I know nothing about it.

Has anyone here been to this?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #483
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Rally Count

Just a quick update

We currently only have 13 sites left for RSVP. There are 3-4 full hookup and 9-10 preferred. We have a total of 36 Airstreams RSVP'd.

Rsvp'd - 109
Adults - 75
Children - 34

Granted the numbers for those who have actually made their reservations are smaller but still impressive. We have 23 sites reserved.
Reserved People- 60
Adults - 46
Children - 14

RSVP'd means they've registered with us and received the email on contacting Disney. Reserved are those who have made their reservations.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #484
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
Don't know about the kids... most of the people I've read that have gone either didn't drink the wine or didn't have kids with them. Disney does, I think, have a baby sitting service but I know nothing about it.

Has anyone here been to this?
I cannot comment on the bi-ped baby sitting service, we have never done that. I don't want to go back and re-read the whole thread. I know I posted somewhere about the fur-kids (PETS) kennel service. The one at FW may be closed by now - they went to a combined new location at the transportation center. A call can confirm that. This is the best kept secret at DW. The service is the best, people are very pet friendly almost to a fault - the woman 2 years ago wanted Boudreaux, can't blame her - he is the best pup ever. I do like the late pickup after hours, you can call the sercurity service and with receipt they will get your dog or cat. VERY VERY reasonable and much cheaper than your local kennel or vet. AC rooms, food, walking, treats and you can purchase extra special service but I don't know why you would. Just wanted to post the info for reference here.

You can leave your dog there the whole time and never get them out for an up-charge of a few bucks. If you cannot get them at night (even late) they add the up-charge atuomatically for that one night and feed you dog on your schedule, no worries, no rush to get them no need to leave the park early if your in the fun zone. PLAN AHEAD - reservations are a must.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:19 AM   #485
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Pet Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy_boy View Post
I cannot comment on the bi-ped baby sitting service, we have never done that. I don't want to go back and re-read the whole thread. I know I posted somewhere about the fur-kids (PETS) kennel service. The one at FW may be closed by now - they went to a combined new location at the transportation center. A call can confirm that. This is the best kept secret at DW. The service is the best, people are very pet friendly almost to a fault - the woman 2 years ago wanted Boudreaux, can't blame her - he is the best pup ever. I do like the late pickup after hours, you can call the sercurity service and with receipt they will get your dog or cat. VERY VERY reasonable and much cheaper than your local kennel or vet. AC rooms, food, walking, treats and you can purchase extra special service but I don't know why you would. Just wanted to post the info for reference here.

You can leave your dog there the whole time and never get them out for an up-charge of a few bucks. If you cannot get them at night (even late) they add the up-charge atuomatically for that one night and feed you dog on your schedule, no worries, no rush to get them no need to leave the park early if your in the fun zone. PLAN AHEAD - reservations are a must.
Thanks. Something I had not thought about. I know of someone who used the kennels and he posted pictures. I have added the link.

From WDW

Best Friends Pet Care

Best Friends Pictures - go down to post #39.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #486
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I rather imagine that they expect kids to be going to the park and not needing babysitting. Likely we wouldn't be forking over the extra $ for the wine party anyway. Much cheaper and more comfortable (in my opinion) to sit under the awning in my chair and drink the local store-bought wine.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #487
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
I rather imagine that they expect kids to be going to the park and not needing babysitting. Likely we wouldn't be forking over the extra $ for the wine party anyway. Much cheaper and more comfortable (in my opinion) to sit under the awning in my chair and drink the local store-bought wine.
for the $200 you could get you at least one pricey bottle to enjoy under your awning...

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 AM   #488
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Child Care at WDW

More info

TAC OK-42

]
Old 11-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #489
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We went to Disney two years ago with brother/sister-in-law, and niece. They brought popcorn, bought snacks and had movie night and pajama parties in their room. They were able to get Abby calmed down for bed.

There are vacation planning sites specifically for those traveling with toddlers and young children. Lots of ideas about what to see and when to see it.

I made two dining spread sheets. The first lists the parks, resorts, and restaurants that we want to make ADR's at. The second is divided into days/dates we are at Disney with breakfast, lunch and dinner blanks for writing in the resort, time and confirmation number of our reservation. I am researching Youtube and DISboards for what people liked and didn't like.

I think I am obsessed. What will I do when the Disney vacation has come and gone?

Jason and Andrea-Shawn and Nicki--we are bringing some beer and wine as well and will share. I am pretty sure we won't be using all our snack credits so if your kids see something snacky they want just let us know.

Off to work on some Christmas gifts,
Kathy
TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:06 PM   #490
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Your not the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
I made two dining spread sheets. The first lists the parks, resorts, and restaurants that we want to make ADR's at. The second is divided into days/dates we are at Disney with breakfast, lunch and dinner blanks for writing in the resort, time and confirmation number of our reservation. I am researching Youtube and DISboards for what people liked and didn't like.
Well, you have me beat. I just made the one spreadsheet with the days/dates and meals to type in the restaurants but then we are visiting favorite this time since we didn't have the dining plan last time. However, it does pay to have backup restaurants. I may have to steal your idea.....hmmmm.

Quote:

I think I am obsessed. What will I do when the Disney vacation has come and gone?
Join the club of those in need of a Disney Trip (intervention)... Although not a charter member, I qualify on more than one front.

Quote:
Jason and Andrea-Shawn and Nicki--we are bringing some beer and wine as well and will share. I am pretty sure we won't be using all our snack credits so if your kids see something snacky they want just let us know.

Kathy
Yum... adult beverage night. That sounds like fun. I will probably have the same unopened bottle of sparkling wine in my fridge as something comes up every time I want to drink it.

Snacks -
Thanks!! Last time we had the DDP we were at All-Star Music and I used a good many of the snacks for breakfast foods like Pop Tarts, Fruit cups etc as we wanted to get to rope drop quickly. We used it once or twice to get bottled water in the parks. I wonder if Dole Whips are covered as snacks. I have no idea what is in a dole whip but I hear they are quite popular.

Less than a year Kathy... less than a year!!

TAC OK-42

]

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally