View Poll Results: Would you like try for staying in the same level?
Let's try to keep us altogether. 16 94.12%
Let us pick our own loop & rate level. 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #323
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Hi Nicki,

Both are good guesses but, unfortunately, both are incorrect. I am thinking that by the time November 4, 2012 comes around, everyone will be an expert on "all things Disney". We may even be able to stump some of the castmembers.

Kathy

TAC OH-12
H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #324
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
hmmmm... disney trivia vs a cast member.....time to study up!

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #325
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
A little more Ft Wilderness History

Another Disney

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-26-2011, 07:49 PM   #326
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
In response to the trivia question about the "New Land" I believe that it was originally "Mickey's Birthday land" in celebration of Mickey's 60th birthday and is currently "Mickey's Toon Town Fair" I'm not sure if there is a third name...
Old 07-27-2011, 07:27 AM   #327
4 Rivet Member

1973 25' Tradewind
1960 28' Ambassador
New Smyrna Beach , Florida
Kathy, Thanks for the info.

In case anyone else has non camping family (in my case memaw 86 and papa Tony 90 who are fabulously active) that would like to join us for a few days. Cabins sleep 6 and are around $350 a night.

Also there us a couple that have 2 vintage as (1 5?, 1 64) that rent for around $700 for the week and they pull it over (from tampa) and set it up. In case someone has family or friends that want to stay in aluminum.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain
constructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #328
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by constructor View Post
Kathy, Thanks for the info.

In case anyone else has non camping family (in my case memaw 86 and papa Tony 90 who are fabulously active) that would like to join us for a few days. Cabins sleep 6 and are around $350 a night.

Also there us a couple that have 2 vintage as (1 5?, 1 64) that rent for around $700 for the week and they pull it over (from tampa) and set it up. In case someone has family or friends that want to stay in aluminum.
Sweet info! Thanks Ann!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #329
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We have been camping in 96 degree heat and just returned. Sorry to be late on the trivia answers. We are going to "Frickers" a bar/rest. tonight for a trivia contest with friends. I will either walk out proudly or hang my head in shame.

First question: According to the sone "Chim Chim Cher-ee" chimney sweeps are on the "bottom-most rung" on the ladder of life.

Second question: The new "land" in the Magic Kingdon at WDW opened on June 18, 1988 was Mickey's Birghdayland-later renamed Mickey's Starland, and currently (or was) called Mickey's Toontown Fair. Toontown is now being "redone" as an area for the Disney Prinessses.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #330
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
We have been camping in 96 degree heat and just returned. Sorry to be late on the trivia answers. We are going to "Frickers" a bar/rest. tonight for a trivia contest with friends. I will either walk out proudly or hang my head in shame.

First question: According to the sone "Chim Chim Cher-ee" chimney sweeps are on the "bottom-most rung" on the ladder of life.

Second question: The new "land" in the Magic Kingdon at WDW opened on June 18, 1988 was Mickey's Birghdayland-later renamed Mickey's Starland, and currently (or was) called Mickey's Toontown Fair. Toontown is now being "redone" as an area for the Disney Prinessses.

Kathy
Well are we proud of you or do you need support in your time of need?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-29-2011, 10:01 AM   #331
H2K
3 Rivet Member

1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
We placed fourth in a field of 14 in the trivia contest. Disappointed but not despondent. Unfortunately, I let the team down on the question "What is the name of Cinderella's stepmother's cat?".

Camped with some airstream folks this week. They are interested in attending the 2012 rally. We gave them the step-by-step directions as to how to get involved.

Counting down the months and days until Disney. I may have to sneak in an earlier trip as I don't think I can wait.

Kathy
TAC OH-12
Old 07-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #332
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2K View Post
We placed fourth in a field of 14 in the trivia contest. Disappointed but not despondent. Unfortunately, I let the team down on the question "What is the name of Cinderella's stepmother's cat?".

Camped with some airstream folks this week. They are interested in attending the 2012 rally. We gave them the step-by-step directions as to how to get involved.

Counting down the months and days until Disney. I may have to sneak in an earlier trip as I don't think I can wait.

Kathy
Obviously you need to head back to Disney to study up on your Disney Trivia.... will your other half buy that one?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-29-2011, 01:09 PM   #333
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Tiny Update

Just a little update for all you that have signed up for the rally:

We currently have 89 people (i'm in shock) with a rsvp to arrive. We just got a new rsvp today.

We have 28 of our reserved 50 spots with an rsvp.
There are only 3 premium and 6 full hookup spots remaining but 13 of preferred... in case you are looking to change your site type. (these numbers reflect the rsvp and no the actual reservations w/Disney)

We also have 464 days (according to WDW resort site) until our arrival. I know it's too long.

Here are a few links for you to check out:

Vacation Planning DVD

customizable maps - These are truly keepsake maps. We really used them our second trip to WDW to mark our favorites and the things we didn't get to see before. We spent an evening with the computer hooked up to the TV so the kids could look through all the attractions videos to help everyone make up their minds. The maps can help to familiarize you to the parks layout. Just a word of warning, you can only order them every 6 months and the Magic Kingdom is currently undergoing expansion so things could change there.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #334
Leavingtherut.com

2005 30' Safari
Key Largo , Florida
General Ft. Wilderness/Disney info

Hello All!

I have been emailing with Nicki, sharing some first hand Ft. Wilderness/Disney knowledge and she asked that I post it on the forum so that if anyone had questions you can ask me directly. I know many of you have been there more than me but for some people this is all new so I figured that I throw a few things out there and if you have any questions feel free to ask here on the board for all to see, or email me at the address listed below.

First of all.... not all campsite loops at Ft. Wilderness are created equal. Even if you are looking at “preferred” loops that cost the same amount there is a lot of differences. One of the biggest ones is the location of the loop. My husband and I prefer a nice shady loop that is close to the settlement (where the beach, launch, restaurant and other activities are located) and the Meadows complex is (the bigger trading post, the fun pool with hot tubs and kiddie area as well as the nightly campfire and character sing along). The loops that put us in those areas (in order of out personal preference are) 400, 500, 800 and 300. This is all based on personal preference and having stayed on most of those loops at one time or another. On another note... it is my personal opinion that I do not want to ever stay on the 600 loop (Sunny Sage Way) my reason for that is that all of the sites are next to the main road and you hear the busses all night, and since it is a newer loop there are fewer shade trees and it feels a little like a parking lot. (this is important to Floridians who go there in the summer and want to keep the AS cooler during the day). Here is a link to a map of Ft. Wilderness so you can understand a little better what I am describing. Disney's Fort Wilderness Campground map - wdwinfo.com

The second item is EPCOT’s Food and Wine Festival should be going on during the rally! I have been to Food and Wine the past 5-6 years in a row, it is a ton of fun and is included in your admission into EPCOT park. The festival is usually the last weekend in September through the second weekend in November. For those who have never been here is a quick explanation: Epcot has 11 countries in the World Showcase that are there year round, during the Festival they add kiosks in-between the permanent countries for a total of about 30 different countries. Each new kiosk, and the regular ones, have sample sizes of foods and alcoholic beverages from that country/region (think “taste of the town style”). There is usually 3 items on the menu and 3 beverage choices. You have to pay for the food and drinks but the prices usually range from $3-$10 depending on your taste and there are pairing suggestions. The food is 2-3 bites and the drinks are 3-6oz. Tavis and I love it because you can “drink/snack your way around the World (showcase)” at your own pace and you don’t have to choose between your favorite place to eat, you can have them all! We love it because you can do it at your own pace, throw a few rides in now and then and take your time. For those with small kids (who want to go on rinds and are too young to go on their own) this might be a little boring, but if you can squeeze it in you wont be disappointed. Here is a link to this year’s Food and Wine Festival site, they should announce the exact dates for 2012 soon. International Marketplaces | Epcot International Food & Wine Festival | Walt Disney World Resort

I am sure there are those out there with more knowledge than me but I would love to answer as many questions as I can. Tavis and I were there last month, will be there next month and probably a few more times before the rally so if I don’t know the answer I’ll do my best to find out.

Can’t wait to meet everyone, this will be out first rally!

Ashley

TavnAsh@me.com
Old 08-03-2011, 01:55 PM   #335
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Thanks Ashley!!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #336
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Powder Springs , Georgia
Are we supposed to be able to "pick our loop" when we made our reservations? The person I made my reservation with said she had no idea where our "group" would be. Is this inaccurate?

my restoration & travel blog:
http://someday1959.blogspot.com
Someday'59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney, fort wilderness, rally