Old 01-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #99
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
More Baja...

Saturday....

Well, actually Friday night first. We enjoyed great barbequed shrimp, much of it compliments of Str8Strm! Yum. Then a evening by the fire dancer! Life is hard.

Today we met up with Ron and Debbie (Str8Strm) and joined them at the local swap meet. Fun, lots of goodies. Great looking produce, and interesting art work, etc. After we enjoyed a visit to their lovely vacation home and then returned back to the trailers for lunch and nap.

Super big thanks to Str8Strm for their wonderful hospitality! If you ever come down this way, be sure and let them know ~ they will give you the skinny on all the best local items.

Here are a couple of pics! Gotta think about heading towards home on Monday. Watching the weather carefully, looks like the whole west coast is in for icky weather. We may have to hunker down somewheres....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire dancer.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	323.7 KB
ID:	94181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Swap Meet Mexico.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	353.1 KB
ID:	94182  

My blogs: http://yrekahistory.blogspot.com
http://siskiyoucountycamping.blogspot.com
http://campingalongi-5.blogspot.com/
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #100
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Remembering Baja

I was busy the other morning working with the drawing I did of Jim and playing with PhotoShop. The results is picture of Jim in cloud like form remembering the Baja experience. How about a comment of two. And thanks to all of you out there who are following and making out virtual tour a success. Our meeting with Debra and Ron was great!. Airstream folks are the greatest!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Sunset Jim remember.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	94184  

NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Internet fix

Thiis is the place where we get our internet fixes.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	internet fix.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	94185   Click image for larger version

Name:	Internet fix group.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	313.6 KB
ID:	94186  

Old 01-16-2010, 06:15 PM   #102

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Beautiful drawing, Don! I love it superimposed against the sunset

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #103
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
More envy! Go ahead - rub it in...

Nice pic of Jim. He looks good digitized. The beach looks great, naps and clubbing sound fine. Here in the PNW, it's gray, dripping and 36 degrees or raw, wet cold.

What - me sulk?
Actually that's Don's drawing of me, then downoaded onto his computer and Photoshoped! He's amazing with that stuff! As to your comment......does that mean I don't look good in real life?? (No reply required)

Actually I've been burying myself in reading books on the Kindle I gave to Cheryl for Xmas. I've rediscovered reading again, but it's taken away time from my mandolin practice. I'm sure Cheryl doesn't mind tho.

The time is growing short for us and only have one more full day here. Not sure, but if we see a long line of storms heading for the PNW, we may take a while to get out of the southwest sunshine. We're not looking forward to crossing the Siskyous and enter into the valley of fog and rain again.

Wish you were all here to share the moment!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Happy Sunday folks!

Well today is likely our last day in Baja, plans are to head out tomorrow back across the border. Guess I will have to put my sandals away...Then we will assess the weather and routes and decide from there. Jim & Cheryl might stay south in warmer climes... Don wants to head to LA area (amidst the storms) and visit Uwe. We will see if LA floods out or what!

Today we had to actually "work"! (Horror!) We organized our supplies and cleaned out the cab of the truck from our travels, and did basic things like check the oil, etc. Tidy-ed up in the trailer. But we were done by about 11:00 a.m. so Don and I strolled downtown and had lunch at a little restaurant that overlooks the bay. The color of the water here is stunning. San Felipe seems to be a nice little town, the water and food (with a little common sense) have been fine, so for a first visit to Baja this is a place to recommend! It is not the "typical" high rent district, has lots of local "color" and features, but the people have been very helpful and kind to us and help us with our language challenges. We can, however, order beer.

Don and I have been hovering here at the Internet Cafe for awhile checking all our mail we have avoided and looking at the NOAA website lots. Looks like California is in for it! We need the water, but yikes ~ all at once!

We will continue to provide updates on our way home the best we can. Might not have as much internet connectivity, but we never know.

Thanks for everyone with your "following" and good wishes. We look forward to seeing what new things folks have to say each day.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:00 PM   #105
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Awwaahhh... I'm not ready for it to end! You'll love going to Uwe's... I spent a few hours there.. I'm sure he didn't get much work done becasuse of me, but he sure didn't seem to mind! He's a VERY gracious host... and I'm sure you and Don will get many ideas for the FC there. His work is fantastic, artistic even.

I forgot to mention that it looked like Jim got a new Dahon folder there... did you guys get to go riding around?

Hope to be able to see you guys at the NW get-together!
Stay dry!
Marc
Old 01-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #106

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I'm so sorry it's almost over! It must have been wonderful having some local insight, and finding such a nice friendly place to visit. It sure looks like paradise!

So I take it the kegger at the beach bar on Saturday night didn't turn out to be too bad?

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #107
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
reality

Well it looks like the weather home has been arranged to bring us back to reality. I've tried to suggest that Baja could be our new home. I didn't get too far with that one.
I would like to put out a challenge at this point. We now hold the Airstream Worlds Record for the longest and largest number of hits on our thread. The advantage of being the first to set a record is that what ever you do it's a record. The record is the longest most hits for a "Virtual Caravan". At this point 2250 views.
OK out there in Airstream Land. Let's have some group beat this record soon. After the season is about to start.
Don
Old 01-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn View Post
Happy Sunday folks!

Well today is likely our last day in Baja, plans are to head out tomorrow back across the border. Guess I will have to put my sandals away...Then we will assess the weather and routes and decide from there. Jim & Cheryl might stay south in warmer climes... Don wants to head to LA area (amidst the storms) and visit Uwe. We will see if LA floods out or what!

Let me know if you make to see Uwe, I would like to stop by and say Hi.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

http://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #109
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn View Post
Super big thanks to Str8Strm for their wonderful hospitality! If you ever come down this way, be sure and let them know ~ they will give you the skinny on all the best local items.
It was great to see you folks. Maybe now that you have publicized it, a few more streamers will find their way here. The Blues and Arts Fiesta is March 27th this year and it's a great time. Last year we had TIMEMACHINE and Kevbo10 visit. The year before caadoptees (Roger and
and Roxie) came down for it. Safe travels on the way home.
Ron
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #110
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Hello again... had to have one more internet fix, so tonight's activities are here at the internet cafe!

Jim, Cheryl, Don and I walked down and had dinner out tonight as it is our expected last night here. We keep trying to be flexible in case of torrential rains... then Don and I came back over to the cafe. Jim and Cheryl said they may come by later... we will see! Jim was brave and had a very hot pepper with dinner ~ he may be soaking in the gulf! :P

Just because we are leaving Baja doesn't mean the "virtual rally" is over ~ we have a long way to drive to return home and expect more fun! So, stay tuned. Besides, Jim said he has some great pics he wants to share and I know Don has more...

keep tuned!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:24 PM   #111
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Have enjoyed your adventure so far, looking forward to your trip home. Have a safe trip. Susan
Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #112
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Our place in the sun

Ruby and I look forward to your daily adventures each evening. Here we are sitting under our warm halogen lamp pretending we are sitting in the sun and enjoying your views. Have a safe trip home and "see" you tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1-17-10 024.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	94277  

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote