Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Other Rallies & Events
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #21
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
Jim & Cheryl, should I picture you in the Airstream or the Argosy. Good luck on the repair, that is an important fixture not to have fixed.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:29 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
Mt. Vernon , Washington
Awww you lucky guys. Mexico..the land of enchantment .. oh that's New Mexico.
Have fun and stay safe. We'll be thinking of you.
Loren and Carolyn
L&C Woogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:10 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&C Woogie View Post
Awww you lucky guys. Mexico..the land of enchantment .. oh that's New Mexico.
Have fun and stay safe. We'll be thinking of you.
Loren and Carolyn
Hey! There is still time to hook up the Airstream and drive on down!
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:19 AM   #24
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
Hi Claudia & Don - guess that we can't stop by your place in Yreka on our way south! We've been in the Lower Mainland area of BC the past while, visiting our older son, d-in-law, 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter, new as of this Oct grandson, and younger son!
Tomorrow, we're headed south along I5, our first destination being Anaheim & the NAMM (North American Music) show. So, we may catch up to the caravan along the way - love to go to Baja sometime!

Safe journey & may the wind be at your back!

Gerry & Carolyn
whitelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Gerry & Carolyn, sound like you had a great visit. We're not sure at what time we will be leaving yet. We are waiting for a UPS delivery. We will probably spend a night in the Redding area before heading down the road. We travel at 55 to 60 mph. and stop often. So maybe you might catch us. That would be great. Claudia and I are in a 63 Bambi with a license "STARDIS". The Jordans are in a 28 footer. So if you see us on the road honk, wave. And we can all stop at the next good spot. Keep in touch.
Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelight View Post
Hi Claudia & Don - guess that we can't stop by your place in Yreka on our way south! We've been in the Lower Mainland area of BC the past while, visiting our older son, d-in-law, 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter, new as of this Oct grandson, and younger son!
Tomorrow, we're headed south along I5, our first destination being Anaheim & the NAMM (North American Music) show. So, we may catch up to the caravan along the way - love to go to Baja sometime!

Safe journey & may the wind be at your back!

Gerry & Carolyn
NorCal Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #26
aluminauti

Where we , Park it!
Yes, we had a great visit! We're pulling the 34' so will be pretty obvious if you see us on the road.

Right now, we are waiting for a rain storm to pass - as we have to pass through the Seattle area, will probably stop for supplies at the Costco in Smokey Point, then wait out the rush hour traffic. Our first stop will be at the WA Land Yacht Harbor this evening, so our first day will be about 150 miles.

Take care & safe travels.

g & c
whitelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
The Airstrem Book of World Records.

322 views, sure would be nice to have 322+ replies. How about helping us go for a caravan reply record. You know "The Airstream Book of World Records". A "HI" and are you guys nuts or something. Come on in and join the comments.
Don
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #28
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Sounds like a good time. Wave to us as you pass our house in West Sacramento.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1953 Flying View Post
Sounds like a good time. Wave to us as you pass our house in West Sacramento.
Robert,

Well, we can pull in and wait until you get your beautiful Airstream hooked up.... wouldn't you like to get out of the fog and into a warm climate? Hope all is well with you and your lovely family.
Claudia
Old 01-04-2010, 01:03 PM   #30
Rivet Master

Hi everyone,
Are you planning a stop in the central cal area this evening? If you are in the vicinity of Santa Cruz I may stop by for a visit. No, I can't hitch up & go, though I would love to.
Best to you all for the New Year,
Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Viking, Thanks for the post. We won't be there tonight. It might even be a day or two yet. We are waiting for some mail. We will keep you posted.
Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIKING View Post
Hi everyone,
Are you planning a stop in the central cal area this evening? If you are in the vicinity of Santa Cruz I may stop by for a visit. No, I can't hitch up & go, though I would love to.
Best to you all for the New Year,
Rich the Viking
Old 01-04-2010, 03:29 PM   #32
1953 Flying Cloud

1953 21' Flying Cloud
West Sacramento , California
Man oh man......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn View Post
Robert,

Well, we can pull in and wait until you get your beautiful Airstream hooked up.... wouldn't you like to get out of the fog and into a warm climate? Hope all is well with you and your lovely family.
Claudia
I would love to hit Mexico this time of year. Warm weather, big surf, friendly people.

Our family is doing great. We just added another little Airstreamer this past October. I will have to follow your travels virtually.

Have fun and be safe.

P.S.

If you need to stop for the night in our area, just drop me a line. Your more than welcome to stop by.

www.petidforme.com/105
1953 Flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Oh my gosh, when will you get down near Santa Barbara, CA? I am a half hour south of there in Ojai. Maybe by then, my "Lost and Found Puzzle Contest" will be over, winners announced and I could figure out a way to have someone drive me and my famous little trailer. Or someone could just pick me up and take me along..........

The good reasons I should go:

1) I worked as a nurse for 30 years, cardiovascular surgery is my specialty and I used to teach paramedics in Los Angeles. Very helpful in a medical emergency.

2) Able to converse fairly well in Spanish, especially when hungry

3) Love exploring Baja, always wanted to go see the whales

4) Can barter great stories for gas and food money

5) Great cook on land or sea

6) Can document the trip for everyone as an artist and a writer........

Someone must surely have a tiny spot they can stuff me in. This would do me a world of good after my lovely little vacation in the hospital. Barter is the new way of the world now. My doctor just accepted my proposal to barter my art for his surgery bill again. Last year, two ten hour emergency surgeries, for a total of $22,000, for one of my paintings. This year he did three surgeries so I guess it will have to be a slightly larger painting..........

I want to go, I want to go..
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Sound interesting, We have a two person truck and the smallest Airstream. Could you go on the forum and find someone who is an Airstreamer and has a truck and would like to go to Baja. Please keep in touch.
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post
Oh my gosh, when will you get down near Santa Barbara, CA? I am a half hour south of there in Ojai. Maybe by then, my "Lost and Found Puzzle Contest" will be over, winners announced and I could figure out a way to have someone drive me and my famous little trailer. Or someone could just pick me up and take me along..........

The good reasons I should go:

1) I worked as a nurse for 30 years, cardiovascular surgery is my specialty and I used to teach paramedics in Los Angeles. Very helpful in a medical emergency.

2) Able to converse fairly well in Spanish, especially when hungry

3) Love exploring Baja, always wanted to go see the whales

4) Can barter great stories for gas and food money

5) Great cook on land or sea

6) Can document the trip for everyone as an artist and a writer........

Someone must surely have a tiny spot they can stuff me in. This would do me a world of good after my lovely little vacation in the hospital. Barter is the new way of the world now. My doctor just accepted my proposal to barter my art for his surgery bill again. Last year, two ten hour emergency surgeries, for a total of $22,000, for one of my paintings. This year he did three surgeries so I guess it will have to be a slightly larger painting..........

I want to go, I want to go..
Old 01-05-2010, 10:42 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
On our way....
After a couple days packing, little trailer repairs, and "stuff" our tiny mini caravan of 2 have started on our journey! Last night was spent at Red Bluff at the Good Sam RV park. Very nice and quiet, nice accommodations. Drove to Sacramento once the tule fog rose to a height for driving visability ~ but the endless central valley fog was consistent all day! We are on a quest for sunshine and warmth! Tonight we have headed towards the coast and are staying at Casa de Fruta RV park near Hollister. Don and I have stayed here before a couple of years ago.... they have 300 spaces and likely cater to big MoHo's and Diesel pushers.... the prices have gone up beyond the quality of their accommodations and we were disappointed that we previously recommended the spot. Everything gets pricey as one gets towards Monterey and Carmel. We will decide in the morning if we want to head to Monterey for site seeing or head down Hwy 101 for awhile. The weather reports look a bit better on that route, besides I-5 through the central valley is deadly foggy and boring...not to mention the road is bumpy and the trucks drive way too fast!

Hey, folks out there that might live along the way... there is still time to throw some jeans into the trailer and clean out the refrigerator and toss the stuff in your Airstream! Let us know and join in, we would be happy to have more company. In the meantime we will try to keep you informed when we have internet access as well as a little time to use our computers.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:07 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
You have left the valley, but I would suggest 99 as a better route than I5. It is freeway all the way, more to see, less truck traffic and more towns to visit.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:59 PM   #37
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Bill,
Thanks for your suggestion... always good to "see" others ideas! I grew up in the valley and generally avoid both I-5 and Hwy 99 any time I can.... especially in the winter because of the fog. But, you are right more to see and more towns to visit. We are planning on heading down 101 for a ways and then see which way we want to go... the weather and our whim!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
If you come down 101, you will see a turnoff for Ojai. (Just south of Santa Barbara, CA) If you need a place to stay, I'll be happy to help you find one........Have fun and I will try to come next year!

C
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Thanks for the note and offer. Do you know of any boondocking down that way? we are sick of asphalt. We also decided to go 101 and or parts of 1. The vally fog is just to cold and grey this time of the year. I believe we are heading for Avila Beach today. It's 7:30 and the sky is clear at Casa de Fruta.
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post
If you come down 101, you will see a turnoff for Ojai. (Just south of Santa Barbara, CA) If you need a place to stay, I'll be happy to help you find one........Have fun and I will try to come next year!

C
Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Malibu has a state park with a pretty rustic feel.. that's where we saw a rattlesnake (almost go into our van!), skunk, and deer all in one night... just about 10 -15 min from the coast. South of that, there's San Clemente Beach state park that (although close to the freeway) is pretty close to the beach and water.

Pics!
Marc
3Ms75Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote