Old 02-07-2007, 05:52 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
We'll be bach...

Kim and I thoroughly enjoyed our first Vintage Airstream rally, and hope to make it to more. It was quite humbling to see, in person, the time & craftmanship others have put into their American Classics.

I uploaded a few pictures into the 'Rally' part of the photo section - Be sure and take a look. But I just got a call from GStephens' brother, and he wanted to make sure everyone saw this picture:

See you next time!

Tom

TomW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 AM   #30
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Thanks for the great photos. We were so busy "visiting" and having fun that we managed to not get a single photograph at the rally, but I have many, many great images of great folks burned into my brain.

TomW, did you fill out an evaluation of what you especially liked and any thing that you thought we might could have done better for next year? If not, would you make some comments here on the forum so that we might benifit from your experience and maybe make next year's rally even better, if that is possible. I just can't remember when I've had more fun at a rally. The food was great, the dancing was good, fun loving folks everywhere you turned, and so many outstanding trailers.

I really enjoyed meeting you and appreciate your coming all the way from Alabama in less than ideal traveling conditions much of the way. Thanks again.
GStephens

Old 02-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Wow Tom! I looked at your photos and recognized a lot of familiar faces...wish it wasn't so far away, looks like y'all had a great time. With the folks I recognized in the crowd...I KNOW you did!

Thanks for sharing the pics ~

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Maybe one modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStephens
... did you fill out an evaluation of what you especially liked and any thing that you thought we might could have done better for next year? ...
Yes, I filled out the form, and was happy to have an opportunity to express how pleased Kim & I were with the rally. We had no suggestions for improvement.

Now that I think about it though, you may want to consider warning first-timers about the polished Airstreams - In direct sunlight, one really needs to have sunglasses handy...

Tom
Old 02-10-2007, 09:49 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Talking The boy did have a point

The weather was so nice on the extra day we stayed that I grilled steaks while Kim cooked french fries. Unfortunately, she did not have enough oil left between the small bottles of corn & vegetable oils we normally have onboard, and had to run by Wal-mart for more.

This morning, after returning from the grocery store with, among other things, more Airstream supplies, Kim casually mentioned that she had had to buy a big bottle of cooking oil while in Texas. My seven-year old jumped up from watching television and said, "Daddy! I know why!"
"Why son?", I asked.

"Because everything is bigger in Texas!"

Tom
Old 02-10-2007, 11:47 AM   #34
GStephens

1982 31' Limited
1953 25' Cruiser
Hamilton , Texas
Size really does matter.
GStephens
Old 01-04-2008, 05:55 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Texas State Vintage Rally

We attended this rally last year and it was great!! I really liked how the vintage units were placed all together on the side road, which made viewing & touring them very easy. I don't remember the exact number of vintage trailers, but there were a lot of them there representing many years & models. I tried to attend as many of the seminars too - they were great - very informative. I belong to the Texas Highland Lakes Unit (a co-sponsor of this rally), and I can tell you they are a great group of friendly folks.

Judi & I are certainly planning on attending the 2008 Rally!!
Old 01-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
62 and counting

We have 62 paid reservations and more coming in each day. We have about the same number of vintage rigs (25) as last year; the drop off in total numbers is due to several big units that were there last year but have conflicting rallies this year. These missing folks are generally not vintage trailers.

We do have the big meeting hall reserved as well as a good hall for the seminars. As last year, the vintage rigs will be parked together on a side road with no through traffic. There is a nice lake behind half the vintage rigs.

The seminar schedule is coming together and will be published here by 2/1.

By the way, I'm posting this from the Texas coast. The weather here and at Victoria has been from long-sleeve shirt to light jacket in the day and 40s at night. Should be similar weather at the rally.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #37
Grandma - still learning

2000 27' Safari
Austin , Texas
Cool

Hate to tell you this, John, but it's been in 30s and misting rain here in Austin and more of the same coming the next 2 days. Brrrrrr...Guess we are having our usual week of winter.

Our phone is ringing off the hook with inquiries about the 2008 TX Vintage Rally. (Feb 6-10 in Montgomery, TX) So if anyone is still interested in coming for the whole rally or even 2 days, we're still taking reservations. Contact me by P M and I'll email you a schedule and registration form.
We don't even own a vintage but love 'em just the same.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:06 PM   #38
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska
We have 62 paid reservations and more coming in each day. We have about the same number of vintage rigs (25) as last year; the drop off in total numbers is due to several big units that were there last year but have conflicting rallies this year. These missing folks are generally not vintage trailers.

We do have the big meeting hall reserved as well as a good hall for the seminars. As last year, the vintage rigs will be parked together on a side road with no through traffic. There is a nice lake behind half the vintage rigs.

The seminar schedule is coming together and will be published here by 2/1.

By the way, I'm posting this from the Texas coast. The weather here and at Victoria has been from long-sleeve shirt to light jacket in the day and 40s at night. Should be similar weather at the rally.
I don't own an Airstream YET. I am really looking forward to seeing the classic trailers and the new ones. I understand the rally is open to the public on Saturday afternoon??
Old 01-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #39
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Looking forward to attending my first vintage rally!

You vintage folks have a reputation

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:08 PM   #40
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
More and more!

We're up to 82 confirmed rigs and 3 probables. Add a few drive-in show-ups and this is going to be a record rally for us.

Some rain is expected Tuesday, then drying out by the end of the week. Saturday open house is the most critical day to have decent weather.
WBCCI #9632
Old 01-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
WoooHooo! That's next weekend!!! Have a great time...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all to have a wonderful time full of lots of sunshine & happy campers!

Post pics when you can...

Travel safe & keep the shiney side up!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | WBCCI DenCO Unit | Sisters on the Fly | Tin Can Tourists
BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #42
Rivet Master

Hays County , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
WoooHooo! That's next weekend!!! Have a great time...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all to have a wonderful time full of lots of sunshine & happy campers!
Shari
Many of us worker bees are going over on Tuesday, 2/5) to get things set up.

We always go to rallies at least a day early. The folks that show up early are good friends and we have some quality time together before the horde descends.

WBCCI #9632