Old 01-30-2007, 06:55 PM   #57
Pet Sitter Extraordinaire

1975 27' Overlander
Chattanooga , Tennessee
It's time to stoke the fire again. It's starting to get chilly. Man, (or should I say, woman!), that was a good dinner. All the veggies, shrimp and steak, you just can't beat that!

Isn't this the most beautiful scenery? Clear skies, full moon, bit of chill in the air. Oh look, there goes a shooting star! I wish, I wish, I wish....well, can't tell you or it wouldn't come true! Did someone say they brought some bubbly?

Air #2757
1989 SquareStream (Annie #8)
kposey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Hey Kathy - yep got a Shandy going pass your glass over (Half glass beer, Half diet 7-up or sprite and a lime or two) if you don't have fresh a squirt from the green bottle will do.

A balmy 2F our there or for us cannucks -16.5c. Can someone please put some big logs on the fire and pass a blanket and a pillow.

Not sure where everyone went - I think they traveled out west to chat with the western gals - or it could have been that Kevbo guy smoozing the women.

Hey gals on my little 63 - you are putting far too much pressure on me I can not handle it - I have not even picked her up yet and you are wanting to know my progress on the restore - yikes

But I keep looking at those pictures and thinking what the heck have I done... but it was just a weak moment and then I snap out of it.

Some good things went on e-bay today for a 66 Safari - too bad the fridge was too tall or i would be picking that up on the way no body wanted the stove - but I have one out of the 99 stove or the 61 stove at my disposal at least one I know works. The fridge hmm still have not seen a pic of the inside so not sure how that restore will go - but have a fellow who does the coolers for real cheap on the dometics vintage units. Any other rust will just take some elbow grease and some fine new powder coating. So I could pretty much any colour I wanted.

Working on the axle - but not getting to far yet on measurements. The gentlemen is checking for me to see if it is welded or bolted - so that will determine if we can order and change out when we picker her up.

The rest of the day has been spent working on legalities with our Minor Variance Application to build a home for our parents across the way from our place at the waterfront lot.....bunch of beaurocratic red tape and GREEDY neighbours make for a very interesting time.

So this Rally is a welcome relief and a good excuse for a refreshing Shandy.....

Old 01-30-2007, 07:47 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Hey, can I try one of those? I never heard of a Shandy, but I could use a drink. Is that a Canadian concoction, or does it have Irish origins?

Sounds like you're divin' right into the restoration, Sharon, scopin' out the possibilities already. I'm already looking forward to the after pictures. Got any themes in mind yet?

-J
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I don't know about the rest of you, but--starlit sky or not--I'm freezing my #$% off!! So, over my sweats, I've pulled on my snowmobile suit, mukluks, wooly socks, ski cap, mittens. . .I've scooted as close to the fire as I dare, and I'm too layered up to hold a glass of shandy! But hey, can't miss a Silver S Rally night ~G Just to warm up, I'm heading over to the chat room for a while. See you later. . .
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:09 PM   #61
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Irish nope comes from the English Pubs I think - the malt beers were a bit strong for the ladies so they used to tone it down a bit with tonic water which led to ginger - hence came the ginger beer - the Shandy is a take from it for those who did not like the tast of 'ginger'

I just love the drink - you don't get too full it is very refreshing too. makes for a nice pitcher on a hot sunny day around the dock.

Themes....

63-Moonbeam-3 and go with all the same stuff again - that would be a no brainer and not much of a challenge but still cute nevertheless.

Rosie the Rusty Rivette - which is on the lines of the 'girl power' theme - I could have a ball with this one and what a hoot showing up to these Rivette Rallies with her all decked out with Rosie Stuff and inspirational who knows what...Could be the "girls tree house" on wheels. 'rusty' I'm not a red head but when I use Belle No.40 I do look pretty auburn! - and well the Rust - is apparently what happened with all the fertilizer stored in the trailer which turned all the appliances and god only knows what else rusty???? I would pick up on the blue colours from Rosies jump suit and the red pokadots from her scarf would make real cool curtains - and the poster has yellow in it so I could keep that colour too which I really like. Rosie was into airplanes so I was thinking a flight jacket style couch with brown leather and sheep skin area rugs. Anyone have a old wooden airplan propellor - I would mount that up in the front at the base of the bulkhead. Deck the bathroom out like a cockpit. Get some really cool graphics for the windows that allow you to see out but you could not see in. It would look like a continuation of the aluminum or a fusulage sp??? Then of course get some vinyl graphics of Rosie - with our Motto You Can Tow It - or I'm towin it! on the back.

Just a few ideas I'm tossing in my head - but I have nightmares looking at the before pics right now
Old 01-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #62
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Hey Max - you have a great idea - why don't we take our evening Rally to the chat room - not Tuesday nights but another time??? Bet a lot would pop in to say hello and grab a quick drink and a boo at the fire.....

You know why you are cold - cause you don't have any of Carol's Airstream Jammies...

Skip the shandy and go for the Hot Toddy - Rum, Honey, Lemon, hot tea of your pleasure and a dash of brown sugar. Drink as hot and as fast as you can stand it and burry yourself in the covers - phew you will be hotter than a tattor or a woman going through MP.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:45 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Sharon you will have to be our mixologist! I have never had a toddy nor that shandy. I think I would like a toddy to warm me tonight.

What I like is either a cold Frappicino or a hot International Mocha coffee with Baileys, and a dollop of whip cream, of course Hackendaze or is it Ben and Jerry's pint of Baileys ice cream hand mixed with Baileys to thick milk shake consistency with grated chocolate over the whipped cream is also good. Beginning to see a recurring theme here. CHOCOLATE... YUM!

Georgia are you warming up now? My jamies were left in the AS. DOH!

I love the theme and your thought to decorating your new Airstream Sharon!

Maybe tomorrow we will have more stories to listen to. This must be pre rally, can't wait until the others start getting here too.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:04 PM   #64
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
In my younger days I played on a team called the Shooters.

I used to be the host of the February Shooters party - gets kind blue in the winter and everyone needs a pick me up. miss those parties - we all went our separate ways - I am sure some are still playing "Ringette".

During those parties we used to come up with the wildest shooters you could ever imagine. But the funny thing is I can not remember a single one of the drinks

Thanks Carol - it was the Rosie in us all that inspired me. I was just so worried when I had sold the MoonBeam that I would not have a cute factor to travel with.

Any ideas where I could get some distressed brown cow leather for the Gouchos???
Old 01-30-2007, 10:07 PM   #65
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Sure is nice by the fire eating all your Chocolate!

This is haily's look when she has something in her mouth that she should not

If we were at a real rally and I was there she would be too and she would have something she should not in her mouth or would have helped herself to one of your drinks.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_9006.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	31614  
Old 01-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #66
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Okay I will behave....

and this is her in her sweet mode enjoying the fire with us all

Hey the house is open - we could have a non-trailer rally out in the winter wonderland we live in here....bring your drinks and sleeping bags - AND CHOCOLATE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP_9001.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	31616  
Old 01-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
"Hey Max - you have a great idea - why don't we take our evening Rally to the chat room - not Tuesday nights but another time??? Bet a lot would pop in to say hello and grab a quick drink and a boo at the fire.....

You know why you are cold - cause you don't have any of Carol's Airstream Jammies..."

I had to laugh, Sharon. When it's the Silver Sisters Rally, it's Georgia who's here at the campfire, not Max. And by the way, I DO have AS jammies, flamingos and all--and they're my first layer, under all the rest! I think it would be fun to have a Chat Rally. All we need to do is pick a night and a time, and gather round. We won't be able to keep up as the ideas fly ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #68
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia
"Hey Max
I had to laugh, Sharon. When it's the Silver Sisters Rally, it's Georgia who's here at the campfire, not Max. ~G

I am sorry I like the name Max too - and Max was the lady friend who helped us get MoonBeam and I chatted with her for quite some time.....Just too many names, up too late and drink too much

Okay we will name a night tomorrow I've no got my flanels on and off to the warm bed....
Old 01-31-2007, 07:47 AM   #69
We can tow it!

1996 28' Excella
Where the water tastes like wine , Michigan
Stirring up the fire, coffee and croissants here...

Haily is so adorable... I've got some chocolate hazelnut spread (nutella) and some nice jam for the croissants....where did we put that Baileys?

I just love hearing all the stories, can't wait to meet everyone in person. I love the Rosie decorating scheme!! Georgia, so glad you came to the rally!
Old 01-31-2007, 11:00 AM   #70
3 Rivet Member

2008 20' Safari SE
Thumb Area , Michigan
great rally!

Hi everyone,

Wow I just discovered this thread this morning and have enjoyed reading all the posts. What a fantastic idea!

Have not done any Airstreaming yet. We are just getting ready to buy our first TT as my Hubby prepares to retire this spring. The whole TT idea was something my husband of 32 years sprung on me a couple of years ago, and I have to admit I was really apprehensive about it at first. But we found the Airstream forum and have been mostly lurking and reading for some time now. As the time to purchase our new Airstream is now very near I am getting more and more excited.

Just a little back ground - my husband and I met at the Michigan Audubon Nature Center where we both worked. We married fairly late in life, I was 29 and my husband was 34. He had lived part time in a small travel trailer in the Uinta Mountains in Utah while working on his Master Thesis. Now he wants to return to the mountains with his hunting dog and is willing (nay eager) to take me along to experience dry camping in glorious soundings. I think he would be happy in a tent but he wants me to come with him and his thoughtful way of keeping me happy is to buy an Airstream for me to sleep in and have a bathroom. There is my share of mushiness.

All you silver and gray gals ( I have to confess to being gray) peak my interest and give me courage to become independent with the TT. If I can get it away from my husband for even a weekend. A good idea anyway should something happen to make it necessary while on a trip.

I have been drinking hot cocoa with marshmallows around this roaring fire, we sure need it here in the thumb of Michigan. Hmm the Baileys in a milk shake sure sounds inviting in spite of the cold temps - later though - it is only lunch time now.

uluwene is offline   Reply With Quote