Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
hi all, complete newbie question here on getting tickets... anyone know the inside scoop ?
http://tickets.burningman.org/

often thought about going and this year could be my opportunity ...! if not I'll plan better for 2018 .. thx, Nick
nickclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
felton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
Do you have a 1975 Sovereign 31'?? I am going to look at the exact same thing for purchase on April 19th here in Pa! Is there any tips you can share with me? I have never been inside an airstream but want to purchase one and be a part of the "Group/Cult"
Did you buy it ?!!
nickclifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickclifford View Post
hi all, complete newbie question here on getting tickets... anyone know the inside scoop ?
http://tickets.burningman.org/

often thought about going and this year could be my opportunity ...! if not I'll plan better for 2018 .. thx, Nick
To be blunt, tickets are becoming a crap shoot every year with the main ticket sale sellling out in a matter of seconds, with many many participants not getting ticket while many frat partiers get tickets that bring nothing to the playa but MOOP and noise. Folks that make the event are pushed out.

Best bet now is try for the STEP, and the OM.. G sale coming up.

and you're welcome to come join our camp, just bring it! We're amazed some years by virgins that come and really wow us with Expresso and propane barbeque and scientific talks and

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Might be wet

The playa is still wet. Look at the 360 video in here,
doesn't come up by itself.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/blackroc...=page_internal

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:41 PM   #45
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
Hi Everyone,

Well, phase one of the VVV rebuild is finished - new front lights, under body lights, new rad, clutch, tires and oil! Phase 2 begins: New re enforced seats, new paint job, new front grille and a new platform for the bubbler as well as easier access to the genset starting cord and a bubble fluid pump.

One item remains open as it were. A lot of people have asked about music .... Canvassing friends and others ( enemies?) there was a suggestion to have the introduction to the Game of Thrones movie playing on the VVV. Its a grumbling rumbling drum roll - very volcanish!

The question! Would anyone be interested in bringing an amplified speaker that could play a digital loop off smart phone? Or any other set up that might work.....

Please email me if you can help.

Thanks!!
Old 06-11-2017, 10:40 PM   #46
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
It will be many years before I'm able to make it to burning man, but I cannot resist sharing this video which is one of the very best--and earliest--spoofs made with that Hitler "Downfall" movie footage.

There are swears in the subtitles. There is also, quite specifically, a mention of an "art car" ... but I'll resist leaving any more spoilers.

Enjoy!

thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #47
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
sacramento , California
These parodies are the best. Especially the sports ones.
Flht2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #48
Home of Vortex tuning

2013 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Spearfish , South Dakota
I've seen that vid, it was about the then new water cooled 1200 G/S adventure bike from BMW, hilarious.

This version funny too, 5 people, , ,
Old 06-19-2017, 09:41 AM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
Cosmic and Spitfire will be at an Oregon unit WBCCI Rally in Madras Oregon for the eclipse and then we will make our way down to BRC arriving on Friday. Perhaps some of you will be at the Madras Rally? If so lets connect in Madras.

Any idea when info on camp placement will be made by the org?

We have some Ranger training on Sunday but we have Saturday to help set up camp with other early arrivals
deepfringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:09 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfringe View Post
We have some Ranger training on Sunday but we have Saturday to help set up camp with other early arrivals
BRC Rangers with an Airstream in Redwood City? We're BRC Rangers with an Airstream in Menlo Park.

Stop by the Tin Pickle at Ranger Outpost Berlin and say Howdy!

Rangers Zygote, Full Gear and Coal Smoke (aka Barbie, Bart and son Brian)
Old 06-20-2017, 05:37 AM   #51
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Cosmic and Spitfire will be in Madras for the Eclipse! That's interesting, because Jilly Bean and Obi Wan were looking at the map, and had picked Madras as a place to be for the eclipse, but we knew nothing about the rally.
jgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:05 AM   #52
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
The Oregon WBCCI unit organized a rally in Madras for the eclipse but it was sold out with a waiting list as far back as last August. Its organized by Rhonda Coleman who camped with many of us at airstreameri during BM last year.
deepfringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:53 AM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Yikes! Sounds like a crowd at Madras. Guess I will head further west for the eclipse.
jgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:33 AM   #54
1 Rivet Member

2017 25' International
BEND , Oregon
Madras crowd, eclipse!

We are being told in Bend that the expectation of 200,000 is not unrealistic! Bend to Madras traffic, 42 miles, 8-10 hours!!!!!!!!!! Bend to Redmond, 15 miles, 4-5 hours! Parts of the hospital, rehab therapy etc. will be closed! If you come, be prepared!
HI-OH-AG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:41 PM   #55
ARF
ARF

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Breckenridge , CO
3rd party tickets

My wife and I are considering ending our year long full time adventure at BM2017. We hope you will all welcome us burner newbies.

A friend suggested VividSeats as a safe source for buying tickets. Anyone have experience with buying BM tickets through resellers?

Also, are the vehicle passes all the same or do we need to buy a certain type of vehicle pass for the car and trailer?
ARF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:50 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARF View Post
My wife and I are considering ending our year long full time adventure at BM2017. We hope you will all welcome us burner newbies.
That sounds like a spectacular way to end a year long adventure! Burning Man is a place, a moment in time, unlike anything else.

Quote:
A friend suggested VividSeats as a safe source for buying tickets. Anyone have experience with buying BM tickets through resellers?
My own experience with tickets bought through resellers comes mostly from working at the Gate at Burning Man and seeing them come up as "cancelled" on the scanner. If the Burning Man org learns that someone is selling their tickets for higher than face value, those tickets will be cancelled. I have also had to refuse entry to people who bought tickets off a scalper but who were savvy enough to check the Burning Man page for cancelled ticket numbers. Unfortunately, those tickets were cancelled sometime later, possibly by the seller claiming them as "undelivered." Seller gets new tickets shipped, buyer loses out.

That being said, there are scrupulous people whose plans change, often at the very last minute, who are willing and able to sell tickets at face value (plus service fees they've paid). Put the word out among any friends who may have Burning Man connections, and try to be sure that you can trace the path of any tickets from the original buyer to you. Face value for a ticket is $425 unless they bought it at one of the earlier, premium price sales.

Quote:
Also, are the vehicle passes all the same or do we need to buy a certain type of vehicle pass for the car and trailer?
All vehicle passes are the same, whether you are a motorcycle or a motorhome, or a truck and a trailer. Face value for a vehicle pass is $80. Remember to stick it on the inside of the lower left corner of the windshield before you pull up to the front of the gate line. Your Gate volunteer will thank you for it.

I wish you the very best of luck.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:34 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2009 27' FB Flying Cloud
1982 31' International
1991 35' Airstream 350
Jay , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreamRaider View Post
It Bill from the Coffman Bothers.

I have it on my calendar and am determined to make it home this year.
We miss you guys and all of the playa family.

We won't make it this year, but we are hoping for '18.

Best Regards,

JD

jdalrymple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:13 AM   #58
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Some camps are posting placement locals. Has Airstreameri received such notice yet?

Funkee
2006 F-150 Lariat QuadCrew
AIR 31804
WBCCI 10718
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:43 AM   #59
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
2:45 and Juju, or thereabouts.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:47 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Have tickets

Well, th MD girls (Snooki and Queen B) are not going to be able to make it this year.

They were really trying but have each had some big life changes. So they just sent me their tickets, thinking I had more resources out here for resale. They'd like $2000 for the 2 Tix and VP. I know, that's steep. But it's less than they paid in the pre-sale. I can offer some extras to make the price a little more palatable: their (2) playa-ready bikes... if you're out-of-state, I can bring the bikes to the burn. But I am going to list them on Craigslist soon if there's no interest.

Silver Olive is still at Sierra Restoration. But should be home within the week.
2006 F-150 Lariat QuadCrew
AIR 31804
WBCCI 10718
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote