Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2017, 10:37 PM   #61
1 Rivet Member

2011 16' International
Santa Cruz , California
Gynos are a no go :(

Hello dear Airstreamerii family,
As some of you know, we lost our beloved son Nyeland to the opioid epidemic just three weeks after we were all together last year. It was a completely unexpected event.
I have wanted to be there this year to do something at the Temple for him, but the rest of my family is not ready yet. Our hearts are still very broken. I can't do it alone.
So, we have two tickets and a vehicle pass available for the price we paid: $1055.94 or thereabouts. We just got the tickets and pass in the mail, so they are available to be sent to someone who is committed to actively participating in the Airstreamerii antics.
We hope to join you again in a future year when our spirits are brighter.
Much love to all. Happy burn!
Please put the word out about these available tickets.
Thank you!
Gail
gjnewel@gmail.com
559-284-3172 (call/text)
gnewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:39 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Gail - So sorry to hear about the pain and loss. I hope peace comes to you soon. It will be sad not to have you there this year.
jgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:50 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Gail, I will miss you guys hugely. I will PM you regarding the tickets.

Dr Quark aka Zep
Old 07-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Mount Dora , stevenwilliams
This will be our first Burning Man and we'd love to participate in your camp. How do we do that? Please respond as if I know nothing, because that's the situation. Thanks, Steve
sburrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 08:17 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Welcome Steve.
This thread has been a little slow thus far - expect it to pick up as the burn nears. Four of us burgins joined of Airstreameri last year and had the time of our lives. JuJu and I will be joining again this year.

I think all you have to do to be part of Airstreameri is to state such in this thread, as you've already done. Eventually the silver leader will chime in and start taking a head count. Then they'll start the elaborate calculations and planning to get us each organized on our plot.

Are you driving from Mt Dora? I moved to Reno from Titusville FL about six years ago, chasing work after the shuttle program ended. Sure miss "home". But at least the drive to Black Rock City is shorter from Reno.

Funkee
2006 F-150 Lariat QuadCrew
AIR 31804
WBCCI 10718
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 06:31 AM   #66
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
Steve, I see you have a brand new 2017. We took our 2014 the first year we owned it. There is a great deal of good advice in past year posts to this thread. Advice on how to prep your trailer for the heat and the dust. I took the advice to heart and I am glad I did.
deepfringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 11:57 PM   #67
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Thanks Deepfringe, I hadn't noticed that our model year was wrong. We also have a 2014 and I fixed the error on my membership page.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:23 AM   #68
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Welcome Steve!
Yes, all you have to do is announce your intention to join our camp and let us know how many and what you will be bringing so we can make room. As of now we have plenty of space available.
I assume you have tix and have read all the prep info.
Mostly cover your upholstery with something like a sheet, add floor mats to catch dust, tape up some of the "cracks" to help keep dust out but do know it will get in no matter what you do.
Mostly be prepared for any weather especially wind.
See you soonish!
Bam

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #69
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Thanks Bam,
Steve and Rachel Williams in a 25fb and a big red truck.
We want to participate in any way we can. Bar, postage, just let us know.
2:45 and Juju?
S
Old 07-17-2017, 07:00 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Steve, the location is approximate, but usually close enough that if you go to that location you will be able to see the camp. If we get moved and you have trouble locating us, just ask a Ranger for a placement person and they will help.

Dr Quark
Old 07-18-2017, 09:44 AM   #71
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
RV dumping

I saw this in the latest issue of Jackrabbit Speaks.... do you think it means there will be no dump trucks on the playa this year?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	289781  
2006 F-150 Lariat QuadCrew
AIR 31804
WBCCI 10718
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:55 AM   #72
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
I don't think this is a change, it's just a convenient reminder of how to find the recycling and/or dump places during exodus.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:48 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Maybe it's just me, and I've often thought it would be a hoot, but the concept of FREE lifestyle, open drug usage, drunken debauchery, "do your own thing", in a windblown desert all in the name of getting away from the constraints of capitalism shouldn't cost a $1000 a ticket.
Ironic, I'd say.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #74
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Maybe it's just me, and I've often thought it would be a hoot, but the concept of FREE lifestyle, open drug usage, drunken debauchery, "do your own thing", in a windblown desert all in the name of getting away from the constraints of capitalism shouldn't cost a $1000 a ticket.
Ironic, I'd say.
Yup.

I met some folks who are very in to burnin man when I was in Eureka, NV. They were from Winnemuca. They told me if I love desert boondockin, I'd love burnin man. I told em I love desert boondockin cause it's free and there ain't any people around.....

Utah and Nevada have got plenty of places to camp in the desert without spending a months worth of gas money. $1000 for desert campin is crazy talk.
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:19 PM   #75
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Ironic, I'd say.
Naw, I don't know where you're getting your information but they are missing a few steps. There are a hundred ARMED BLM Rangers out there enforcing every Federal drug law they can imagine, and their trucks say LAW ENFORCEMENT. Not "To Serve and Protect." And there's a couple dozen Pershing County Sheriffs out there also giving tickets trying to justify the million dollar blackmail they take from the BMorg. And there's a dozen or so Washoe County Sheriffs giving tickets too. and dogs. So I wouldn't say anything about "open drug usage".
Now Windblown, ya, we got wind, we've seen large tents a flying; not so sure there wasn't people still in them. Had a friend get body slammed in her tent on 4thJuplaya a couple years ago. Dust we got too.
And the sun so hot we froze to death Suzanna don't you cry., we'll see 110 and snow. Hopefully not too much rain and lightening again. Double rainbows are guaranteed in the rain. Some times a triple rainbow.
Much of your ticket money goes to the BLM fees. Some goes to grants for art installations. Some of the extra goes to local schools for solar power installaions.
But what you'll be missing is the best most amazing art in the world, the best friends you can imagine, the newest latest technology newer than not even patented yet. Propane cannon wars. Alien Mutant Vehicles.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:26 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfringe View Post
I hope this will turn out to be useful.....I have been allocated 87.9 Mhz on FM for Airstreameri Radio. It will be Part 15 compliant (no license) and very low power but should cover the camp. I will be asking for contributions of music, poetry, comedy, and any other materials that fit into the general airstreameri theme (route 66, the 60's and 50's, surfer, vacation, etc). I am going to set up an IPOD to simply run through the material repeatedly. The more material the better though. I'll bug everyone to send me materials in the near future but in the meantime think over what you might have. I can be reached via email at KK6BSO@icloud.com I'll be looking for IPOD ready files.

Cosmic AKA Cosmicray AKA Ray

Cosmic and Spitfire will be returning and Rangering. Likely arrive Friday
Hey Cosmic, We'd love for you to give a scientific talk after our Wednesday Potluck if you have the time and wish too. I doubt I've got any music to share anyone would care for.
N7YS

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #77
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Yep.
You can always camp by yourself somewhere for free.
But you would miss the spectacular creativity, art, music, and community.
As mentioned, there are a variety of types of law enforcement present on the playa because some idiots will turn up at any large event.
And if open drug use is your thing, if would be best if you stayed home.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #78
Traveler

2017 25' International
Staunton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
You can always camp by yourself somewhere for free.
I wish, ha! Ya try.... but folks always seem to have a way of findin ya.

Now, if I could pay a grand to guarantee I'd be alone.... that I might consider!
TravlinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 08:49 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Naw, I don't know where you're getting your information but they are missing a few steps. There are a hundred ARMED BLM Rangers out there enforcing every Federal drug law they can imagine, and their trucks say LAW ENFORCEMENT. Not "To Serve and Protect." And there's a couple dozen Pershing County Sheriffs out there also giving tickets trying to justify the million dollar blackmail they take from the BMorg. And there's a dozen or so Washoe County Sheriffs giving tickets too. and dogs. So I wouldn't say anything about "open drug usage".
Like I said, It looks like fun. I've never been, and I'm the last person you'd find with any drug. But, it has a reputation, and one that's backed up by a simple Google search.
I just thought it was ironic that a place set aside for "freedom of expression" charged a $1000 for a ticket.

No, I don't want to rain on your parade, I'd love to go someday. Maybe.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2015/08/b...n-valley-tech/
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 09:07 AM   #80
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
It's the idiots and the crazies who get their photos and stories all over the news.
The vast majority of others just doing their creative thing rarely go viral.
Just like in any town anywhere.

But back to planning Airstreameri 2017...