Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2017, 10:31 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Lissting a lisssting we're listting

It's that time of year to get an idea who's coming out to get dusty with us, we have an idea but there may be some surprises.

Zep +1, 28'?
BamCamper, and Bambi
Tranquilo, 345 this year?
NevadaGeo + Mary, 31' Excella
GigiandCrash and Beekeeper
Punky and Frank in the rental
RMB and Jeane and the VVV from BC
ChollaBillandAnne
ObiWonandJilliBean
Robin and Ron from BC

And the watsweregonna do?

Sunday Morning Man the Perimeter party
Monday Madness
Tutu Tuesday
Wednesday potluck and scientific talk; maybe it'll be Astronomy this year
Thursday morning pilgrimage to the Temple
Thursday afternoon group dump?
Friday possibly help with the after bike ride party, hold the line for the ladies
Saturday the Man gets toasted
Sunday Temple.
Monday they say outta here, you all are dusty

copy and fixe it up and pasties, thanks

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:30 AM   #102
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Mount Dora , stevenwilliams
Add newbies Steve and Rachel from Florida in a 25. What can we bring to contribute...booze, stamps?
Also, I noticed we are not on the BM map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...352951573&z=18
sburrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:28 PM   #103
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Greenbrae , California
Julie and Bill Coffman will be there
jaojamjab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 10:34 PM   #104
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by sburrw View Post
Add newbies Steve and Rachel from Florida in a 25. What can we bring to contribute...booze, stamps?
Also, I noticed we are not on the BM map:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...352951573&z=18
Welcome SteveandRachel. Yup, you can bring that. Post card stamps.
Have 5 questions out of the Survival Guide ready for our Wrangler when you get here, plus some geology questions about the stone turtles you see on the side of Winnemmucca Lake on that long road up from Nixon to Empire that I won't know the answer to anyway. Stop and look at the Lake Lahontan ancient beach gravel benches on the way..er don't do that, there's no safe places to pull off that road. Be carefulll out there, Nevada road can be monotonous to those not knowing where the gold hides. Stop and pick up some gemstones on the side of the road..

NevadaGeo
Old 08-14-2017, 10:35 PM   #105
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
It's that time of year to get an idea who's coming out to get dusty with us, we have an idea but there may be some surprises.

Zep +1, 28' Soverign?
BamCamper, and Bambi
GigiandCrash and Beekeeper, OR and NC
ChollaBillandAnne from AZ
ObiWonandJilliBean
Robin and Ron from BC
SteveandRachel from FL in a 25
joejamjab
BilCoffman

And here's the watsweregonna do? Add something!

Monday Madness
Tutu Tuesday
Friday possibly help with the after bike ride party, hold the line for the ladies
Sunday Temple.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-14-2017, 11:18 PM   #106
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Funkee and that cool bird, JuJu - 27' with a 10x20 shade structure.
2006 F-150 Lariat QuadCrew
AIR 31804
WBCCI 10718
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #107
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
Cosmicray and spitfire. 25ft. Arriving Friday afternoon the 25th.
deepfringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:03 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada

Zep +1, 28' Soverign?
BamCamper, and Bambi
ObiWonandJilliBean
Robin and Ron from BC
joejamjab
BilCoffman
Funkee and JuJu, 27' and another 10X20' shade, Yeayy!
Cosmic and Spitfire, 25'

Monday Madness
Tutu Tuesday
Sunday Temple.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-18-2017, 10:22 PM   #109
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
Woo HOO. We're almost there!!
Besides bringing snacks to share, lots of water, and the ever popular adult beverages...please bring some extra camp chairs (if you have any) for our bar/gathering area so we can offer seats to the community and all of our newest friends.
And don't forget the large trash bags and MOOP buckets so we can be sure to Leave No Trace.
Safe yet adventurous travels home.
See you all on the playa. Soon!

BamCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 02:47 PM   #110
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
And a random Q...
Does anyone have some sort of bike rack they could bring?
We are seriously lacking in bike parking.
I know, short notice, but you never know what's lurking in the back of people's garages.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #111
2 Rivet Member

2013 Interstate Coach
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Zep +1, 28' Soverign?
BamCamper, and Bambi
ObiWan & JilliBean 24' Interstate conversion van from OK
Dean the 'shroom Yoda will be back in a tent & Monkey Hut- let his harem (what there is left of it anyway) know!
Huggy Bear (Philip - Obi and Jilly's son, the tall one from last year's potluck) and his girlfriend Izzy from Seattle in a 10x10 kodiac tent with a monkey hut
Robin and Ron from BC
joejamjab
BilCoffman
Funkee and JuJu, 27' and another 10X20' shade, Yeayy!
Cosmic and Spitfire, 25'

Monday Madness
Tutu Tuesday
Sunday Temple.

jgeurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 08:35 AM   #112
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Park City , Utah
Is there any room for a couple of Burning Man first timers and Airstream newbie? We are Kim and Connie, from Park City, Utah in a Bambi Sport 16'.
ods_twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 12:53 PM   #113
RMB
3 Rivet Member

2010 23' International
Saturna , British Columbia
well, you asked sooo....

Maybe I could add a counter poise to the scientific talk with a brief presentation on Aztec poetry as applies to Burning Man?
Old 08-20-2017, 08:27 PM   #114
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ods_twig View Post
Is there any room for a couple of Burning Man first timers and Airstream newbie? We are Kim and Connie, from Park City, Utah in a Bambi Sport 16'.
Sure. Welcome!

C'mon over to the Airstreameri Camp...somewhere around 2:45 & J...just look for the cluster of Airstreams. We are usually on a corner with a bar in the front and a postcard making shade structure among other things.

We'll find a spot for you.

Old 08-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #115
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Sure. Welcome!

C'mon over to the Airstreameri Camp...somewhere around 2:45 & J...just look for the cluster of Airstreams. We are usually on a corner with a bar in the front and a postcard making shade structure among other things.

Our Chief Wrangler is out looking for sun spots or hopefully not getting sun spots or looking for the absinthe of the sun or looking for absinthe hey someone bring some Absinthe, I tried to make some once but I didn't take the leaves and sticks out soon enough, you gotta take them out or the Absinthe will get reaallll bitter, but I suspect we'll have room for your Bambi unless you have a double semi full of Absinthe pulling it. Your job will be Go Out There And Look And Take Pictures of Every Piece of Art and Come Back And Tell us about all the fun stuff you find. The second year we put you to work putting dust on things. You think that dust you see on vehicles coming out of BM got on there by itself? Someone has to do it

This year I don't think we're on a corner, but in the middle between corners and hopefully far away from the portapotties. I saw that 11:11 camp posted they are also at 2:45 and JuJu, just like back in 2011 or 12. The year that Zep happened to walk back to the street at the rear of our camp (on the next street over G, we were on 3:15 and Fun that year) and found two airstreams had butted into each other looking for our camp and waved them in; one was a new airstream a couple of Gynocologists were filling their bucket list of getting an airstream and going to BurningMan, and were looking for our camp by reading about it on a phone app for theme camps. And became some of our dearest members. Hmm, was the other airstream the one that brought the Cotton Candy Machine, with the Nevada Food Permit in hand? Ohhh, Absinthe flavored cotton candy would be nice. Hate being sober, gotta drive over the hill to work in a bit.

Bring some post card stamps for the Post Card table, and maybe something to share at the Surf Bar and we have a camp pot luck 6:00 on Wednesday. Followed by heavy duty dark matter Astronomy or some Aztec Poetry by the originator of the Volcano sputing VVV

NevadaGeo
Old 08-20-2017, 11:33 PM   #116
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
WhatcerGonnaDo

Here's what the application has indentured us to do. And Hey, I just found why I'm getting all these emails from strangers around the world wanting to camp withusanddowehave aticketforthemandfoodandshelterand the all end with the same thank you words.

Placement Application:
Camp Category
Theme Camp

Who directed you to this category?

Who is Providing Your Early Arrival Passes

Email of Provider

Camp/Village Name?
Airstreameri and What Not

For Camps within a registering Village: name of village?

Interactivity Description
Our interactivity is a social one, based on open and hospitable friendliness. We set camp with an easily accessible courtyard adjacent to the street and to all passersby. The Airstream campers are aligned to create a horseshoe style that is open yet delineated and intimate. We take in pre-arranged and stray tenters as well as non-Airstream RV's in a radically inclusive way.

This welcoming arrangement is anchored by 'Bam's Surf Bar' and the 'Airstream Trailer Trash Bar'. The latter is crafted of scrap aluminum from an Airstream vs. gas pump mishap from a camp member's tow home from her first Burning Man in 2014. Shade and games (giant Jenga, adult 'sac' races on pink hippity hops, dominos, LNT Trivia, etc.) are provided along with an array of adult beverages for our > 21 friends. This area is the gathering place for camp members and also for wandering Burners who recognize immediately that they are welcome. A giant PEACE sign also made of the wrecked trailer makes our intentions clear and is a popular photo backdrop. This year we are adding a large homemade Schwenker grill for utility, ambiance, and to share with neighbors.

Perhaps the favorite amenity is our long-running 'Playa's Best Postcards' for Burners to create special art cards. This awesome place is well-staffed and advertised daily to Burners happening by, often with a bullhorn. We provide postage (domestic and international) and bike the mail to BRC Post Office daily. We also deliver cards to the temple for people whose loved ones have passed on. They place their tribute in a handcrafted box made from recycled wood which is taken to the temple prior to the Sunday burn.

Each year we host a potluck lecture by our resident geologist on the geography of the Black Rock Desert area, an event to which all Burners are welcome. Last year, we also had our resident gynecologists back for a "Click and Clack" talk about the proper care and feeding of the vag jay jay on playa.

Speaking of VJJ's, our mutant vehicle known as the 'Vintage Volcanic Va-gen-nah will make its second playa appearance and has been 'rejuvenated'. Triple V will be up for riders nightly and can seat 8 comfortably.

We know that people are the true art here at home, and we celebrate each and every soul we get the pleasure to interact with. Come spend some dusty time with us! You won't regret or forget the playa experience!

Camp Special Features:

Primarily Daytime
True

Primarily Night Time

24 hour Interactivity

Acculturation Activities
True

LGBTQ+ Ally

Celebrate Diversity
True

Accessible Activities

Share Contact Info
True

Willing to Host Artists/Visitors
True

Willing to Host Workshops or Performances
True

Bringing First Aid Supplies
True

Family Friendly
True

Camp Has Bar
True

Number of Campmates
38 to 50

Acculturation
Our camp came together on playa from a shared interest and use of Airstream trailers. We united through the application of the 10 principles. We insist our campers show up with 5 questions straight outta the Burner Survival Guide before ultimate radical inclusion. Our 'LNT Trivia game' is the best ever educational experience for newbies and 'experienced' Burners who know they know it all.

Our group is a unique one who always finds a way to tune in and transmit playa energy and magic. We are varied in all the human ways but find common ground to rise together to build/learn/laugh and support each other and have one hell of a week. We know that as awesome as the art, fire and performances are here at home, that the real gift is in and comes from the human spirit. We love the experience and the adventure and share this infectiously.

We radically welcome and include everyone (strays, tent campers, SOB [some other brand] RV's, etc.), provided that they radically participate in a responsible and individual way as we all do.

We gift in many varied ways including but not limited to: planned and impromptu potlucks, expert interactive lectures on geology/gynecology/cosmic matters/intestinal micro biome etc., adult bevs for > 21 friends, open shaded playa living room experience with traditional and original games, do-it-yourself art postcards complete with postage, chakra clearing, grill sharing, art car rides, dusty yoga, cooler hair washes, adult sac races, etc.

We traditionally help with set up and holding of the sacred circle for the Critical Tits After Bike Ride Party. Additionally, our camp members radically participate by volunteering over the years at the following: Cafe, Ice Palace/Arctica, Rangers, DMV, Open Mic, Gate, Temple Guardians, expert lecturers, Emergency Services Crisis Intervention, bringing and burning art installation(s), Camp mutant vehicle, movie presentations, Fairy Shrimp hunts, French Maids Camp Cleaning Raid etc. This happens primarily because Camp founders set the mark with their volunteering and their BM ethos.

Physical Description
Airstreameri and What Not is a self-contained camp of 24 Airstream camping trailers, from the 1950s up to this year's models. The trailers and tow vehicles are arranged in two semicircles with a welcoming portal on the main street. Our portal is flanked by our highly popular (and public) Burners' postcard art activity and manikin-manned shade structure relaxation bars. Our only "structure" is an open-sided 10x20 tent canopy where the community gathers for meals and the annual "Playa Vicinity Geology and Ecology" lecture. Most of the Airstreams have roll-out awnings and they are parked in a way that allows for mutual shade and wind barrier support between pairs of trailers. This is a great aid for our tent campers, since we provide pre-planned spots for them to nestle in among the Airstreams. The tow vehicles are parked between pairs of Airstreams on the non-awning side, which makes for a very compact camp. The Airstreams make power from solar or small, quiet generators that are generally run only during the heat of the day. Other features of the camp are two gray water evaporation ponds, a required Moop container at each Airstream, a fire pit/burn barrel, and a physical arrangement that provides easy entry for large service vehicles (fire, water, sewage service). We start with a plan but remain flexible enough to accommodate being placed at a corner (preferred) or in the middle of a block. This flexibility has allowed the Airstreameri to welcome first time Airstream Burners (and other RV Burners as space permits) who obviously need some Acculturation. We are happy to provide! In addition to welcoming these strays into our camp, we encourage other Burners, through our open portal, to see how we use our Airstreams as self-contained boondocking environments throughout the year.

Project Features

Sound Amplification
No

Sound Amplification Details

Stage
No

Big-Name Performers

Big-Name Performer List

Large Crowds
No

House Managers Name

House Managers Email

House Managers Phone Number

Do You Want to Share Your Camp Name, Location and information?
Listed

Text for website listing
Drop by our dusty living room for camaraderie and to send art postcards home from the edge. We can't wait to meet you.

Camp Hometown
Genoa

Camp state/province
Nevada

Camp country
United States

Public URL for Camp

Public Email

1st additional contact
Zeppelinium

1st Additional contact role - Important to indicate, as this person may have more authority than the questionnaire filer.
Chief Wrangler

1st Additional contact email

1st Additional contact phone number

2nd Additional contact name
BamCamper

2nd Additional contact role - Important to indicate, as this person may have more authority than the questionnaire filer.
Chief artist, mentor, muse, degrumpifier

2nd Additional contact email

2nd Additional contact phone number

3rd Additional contact name
Gigi

3rd Additional contact role - Important to indicate, as this person may have more authority than the questionnaire filer.
Chief Mischief Finder

3rd Additional contact email

3rd Additional contact phone number

4th Additional contact name
BeeKeeper

4th Additional contact role - Important to indicate, as this person may have more authority than the questionnaire filer.
Second Mischief Finder

4th Additional contact email
Beekeeper

4th Additional contact phone number

Additional Emails

Purchased a ticket?
Yes

Previous Camp Info
This camp did participate last year under this same name.

Early Arrival Setup Crew Count

Early Arrival Date
Thursday

Camp Producer
False

Camp Producer Name

Camp Producer Email

Producer Phone Number

Who will receive the EA Passes?

Requested Sectors (rated)
3:00 Sector,4:30 Sector,6:00 Outer Circle (Rod's Road)

Requested Street Type (rated)
Avenues,Streets,Portals

Recommended Square Footage Text
up to 20000 square feet or 100 x 200

Agree With Recommended Square Footage?
yes

Different Space Needs

You would prefer not to camp near ...
Not near super loud camps please.

Requested Sector: Other Camps

Other Camp Location: Comments

Requested Approximate square footage need by population: Other Camps

LNT Contact Name
GigiandCrash

LNT Contact Email

Leave No Trace is a cornerstone of the Burning Man ethos and one of our Ten Principles.
Practice the 5 R's: Rethink what you bring, Reduce trash when packing, Reuse, Recycle, Restore and Respect.,Make a written plan or detailed strategy for Leaving NO Trace. Your LNT crew should be different from your set-up crew. Hold people accountable within your camp.,Make arrangements to have everything picked up before the last camper departs. Leaving things behind is MOOP and will affect your standing with the Placement Team.

During Burning Man, our camp will:
Clean as you go, and never let it hit the ground!,Adopt the principles and practices of Leave No Trace at Burning Man.,Acculturate all camp members about minimizing our impact on the playa, learn about the Fairy Shrimp and how to protect them too.,Conserve energy, use renewable energy sources and minimize waste.,Collect, reduce and properly dispose of grey and black water. (e.g. we will bring extra buckets to address any leaks.) Grey and black water is MOOP and of interest to the BLM and the Placement team. Report spills and emergencies immediately.,Use or creatively use discarded materials for all the components of our camp structure and decorations, so that our camp is sustainable year after year.

As we depart the playa, our camp will:
Bring tools (rakes, magnetic rakes, brooms, MOOP sticks, etc) to clean and pick up every last nail and wood shard that dropped on the playa surface. We will leave our space and our surrounding spaces better than we found them.,Follow the guidelines for line sweeps – performing required multiple sweeps of our camp before leaving BRC. (One sweep is not enough. Do as many passes as necessary: the strength of the line sweep is in the number of people and passes.),Designate a LNT MOOP team within your camp. They will document all stages of your clean up and remain on playa if you are having any materials picked up. Anything left unattended in an empty camp is considered MOOP.,Secure all vehicles' loads to prevent windblown trash on the highway and in neighboring communities.

Art Installation Name

Heavy Equipment Use
No

Heavy Equipment Details

Share Heavy Equipment

Outside Services Deliveries?
No

Outside Services Details

Outside Services Provider

Number and Type of Vehicles
We expect ~ 24 Airstream trailers and tow vehicles, ~ 4 tenters and a couple S.O.B. (some other brand of RV) plus our mutant vehicle.

RV / Portable Housing Rental
No

Number of RVs / Portable Housing Units

RV / Portable Housing Provider Name

RV/ Portable Housing Unit Provider Email

RV / Portable Housing Unit Provider Phone

Have you purchased a year-round storage container from Burning Man?
No

What is the PC # of the container that you purchased?

Shipping Container From Somewhere Else
No

Water for Civic Benefit
No

Mutant Vehicles
Yes

Name of Mutant Vehicle(s)
Vintage Volcanic Va-gen-nah

Mutant Vehicle Contacts

Generator Powered?
No

Number of Generators

Kind of Fuel

Fuel Storage
1-20

Alternative Power
Many of our Airstreams have permanent and portable solar panels. We augment with quiet fuel-efficient Honda generators at appropriate times.

Comments
BIG GIANT THANK YOU to our hard-working placement Gods. You have been good to us and we plan to remain worthy of your blessings. In no way do we admit to being best friends with fellow Airstreamers, our 3:00 placer Goddess Shadow and her other Baulknob, and would never admit to knowing them if they don't come by and see what she hath wrot from telling me to write an application in 2010. Giving our group a burning history lesson will be required, and obviously some Grey Goose bribery. Additionally we would like to ask you to please delete our first premature submission on April 17th and substitute this completed one. SORRY for the inconvenience.

Flame Effects
No

Flame Effects in Villages

Camps in Village with Flame Effects

Fire Performance
No

Open Fire and Store Bought Fire Appliances
Yes

Describe Burn Barrel and/or Fire Appliances
37 " Schwenker Grill, steel fire pit with cast iron grill lifted > 6+ " off playa to prevent scorching

Are You Using Lasers in Your Theme Camp?
No

Laser Safety Contact Name

Laser Safety Contact Playa Name

Laser Safety Contact Email

Describe Lasers and Safety Measures

If your project will include activities for mature audience or that raise health and safety issues, which of the following will be included? Please check all that apply.

I Have Read And Understand The Flame Effects Fire Safety Agreement Information And Accept Its Conditions

I Have Read And Understand The Above Information on Fuel and Hazardous Materials Storage And Accept Its Conditions

Fire Safety Liaison Name

Fire Safety Liaison Phone Number

Fire Safety Liaison Email Address

Fire Safety Assistants

Flame Effect Fuel Types

Gallons of Propane Consumed per day

Gallons of Gasoline Consumed per day

Gallons of Diesel Consumed per day

Gallons of Methanol Consumed per day

Gallons of Kerosene Consumed per day

Gallons of Naptha Consumed per day

Gallons of CNG Consumed per day

Gallons of Hydrogen Consumed per day

Gallons of Other Fuel Consumed per day

Burning Scenario

Via the Web

Safety Plan

Emergency Response Plan

Types of Fuel Being Stored

Gallons BioDiesel Being Stored

Gallons Diesel Being Stored

Gallons Ethanol Being Stored

Gallons Gasoline Being Stored

Gallons Kerosene Being Stored

Gallons Methanol Being Stored

Gallons Naptha Being Stored

Gallons Propane Being Stored

Gallons Other Fuel Being Stored

NevadaGeo
Old 08-22-2017, 11:19 PM   #117
1 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Park City , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamCamper View Post
Sure. Welcome!

Thanks so much for including us! We will be arriving Thursday morning-ish. We will bring stamps to contribute and will have a couple of "shot skis" with whiskey/lemonade for the surf bar. ~Kim & Connie from Park City, Utah
ods_twig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #118

Val-Morin , Colorado
I will be there, Claude and JUNE
Bambi 19' International
Sorry, Did not saw this post before
skygrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:23 AM   #119
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by skygrip View Post
I will be there, Claude and JUNE
Bambi 19' International
Sorry, Did not saw this post before
You'll be where? Joining the 90 or 100 other Airstreams out there on playa, or joining Airstreameri and What Not, a placed theme camp. We'll probably have room but our Chief Wrangler is already on playa I believe.
If you do wish to join us and participate, your job is to
1) have 5 questions out of the Survival Guide ready for the Wrangler when you show up. Know the Survival Guide; if you have been to BM before know what's different in the Survival Guide this year.
2) Bring das grossingestest butterflunger katcher net for MOOP PATROL, there could be MOOP flying by that needs catching.
3) Camp potluck is 6PM on Wednesday, followed by scientific talks. If our resident astronomer has Black Rock Ranger duty, we may ask you to present a scientific talk.
4) Bring post card postage for The Best Post Card table.
5) Know what those stone turtles are on the edge of Winnemmucca Lake, and how they might be associated with the ancestral Lake Lahonton beaches.
6) Participate.

NevadaGeo
Old 08-24-2017, 10:44 PM   #120
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB International
Redwood City , California
Spitfire and Cosmic are near alturas and will be arriving tomorrow late morning on Friday . We will wander over to 2:45 and I ish and see who and what we find.
deepfringe is offline   Reply With Quote