Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone > Forum Rallies & Meet Ups
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
So we're both accurate. There are more tickets in this year's initial lottery than last year, but the total amount of tickets is, I believe, the same as last year. At least I sure hope so. They opened the Gate at 6 pm and all the veteran volunteers filled that shift. The second Gate shift (midnight to 6 am) was about half full and nearly all were doing their first Gate season.

Be nice when you go through Gate, folks, especially if it's after midnight. Those volunteers eat a lot of dust to help you get in the door.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidTraveler View Post
Hi - are any of you Burners at or planning to be at Alumaflamingo this weekend? I'm going to swing by there on Saturday and would love to say hi.
Oh wheee, I'm trying the multi quote thingy. I don't know of too many of us that get to the Aumaflamingo, altho BamCamper does have a mean flamingo usually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew05 View Post
Well, I successfully Pre-Registered. About 25 minutes and countless 'refresh' and retry's. Is this a precursor to when ticket sales open? Is there a limited number of Pre-Registrations, or do they 'over book' so to say? Do they sell out during Individual Sales, or is it just a PIA to get tickets?

Thanks
38,000. What I've seen in different places that they have 38,000 tickets for the main mad rush. No more, no less. Glad you got in, and 25 minutes is like record! I've seen horrors of all day in the waiting room, then it goes sorry we're full. Last year I was up in Winnemmucca on THE DAY the tickets were offered, got on about 7PM and they were all gone by about 5PM it looked like. So Yeayyy on your success!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoWW View Post
I was worried it would take me a long time to pre-register after reading your post. It took me a minute, but then again I waited until 8:30 ET to register. I don't know that I'll be so lucky if wait on the 26th, but I may be stuck in meetings where ticket purchase might be difficult. At this point I'm kinda hoping that there are more than enough tickets to go around, or I might be taking multiple "breaks" from my meetings
Wow, you got one at 8:30 ET still? Only a minute? Tell us your secret! Burning Man ticketing is the main buzz kill for the whole event, and the BLM Rangers vs the local Sheriff named LEO competition, that's a diff story. It's best to just be absent that noon (oops 9 eastern) until you have success, or hire Guido to make a distraction at the office so you can wait in the waiting room. Really.
But in the end, after all the drama usually everyone gets their ticket. Watch out for reallly good looking counterFiets. (They're blonde, really well endowed, ...)
Ok now favorite dustyites that have maneuvered the maze, Planning begins. We gotta wow the Placement Gods with an amazing outright plan of
Community Participation and LNT (no, means pick up your lint) and general foolishness or we don't get invited to be one of the chosen few genuine "Burning Man Placed Theme Camps"and have to stand in the out field next to the broken latrines and entertain LEOn (that's LEO's other brother named LEOn, carrys an n) (older model n) and hope the wind always is lee ward.

NevadaGeo
Old 02-22-2014, 03:56 AM   #63
2 Rivet Member

2014 16' Sport
Bradenton , Florida
Registration

I guess the gods were smiling down on me, because I got registered within 5 minutes right at 3 ET. (NevadaGeo, I think you have your time zones switched…noon PT is 3 ET, or do I have mine switched…?) Anyway, I will definitely be planning my work day around being at the computer when they go on sale!
Old 02-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #64
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Greenbrae , California
The Gods were smiling on me as well, I got registered within 5 min yesterday. Don't know if I can go yet, but I thought I would at least register. What's up with having to register your vehicles now? What will they want next? Urine samples?
Hope to see you all this year.
Julie
Old 02-22-2014, 12:10 PM   #65
2 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Greenbrae , California
Haha... Dr Quark! Well, you do a good job at making yourself sound like you know what you're talking about!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member

2014 16' Sport
Bradenton , Florida
Have Tickets, Will Travel

Yay, got tickets without any problem. Back to work… See you in August!
Irene
Old 02-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #67
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Patty Duke and Pink are in. got no tickets yet and would love early entry if any available...
Old 02-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #68
1950 Flying Cloud 7039

1950 21' Flying Cloud
Allen , Texas
I failed in my attempt at tickets. Work made me late to the trough and they were quickly gone
Old 02-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #69
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Keep an eye out. Plans change and tickets become available again.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:20 PM   #70
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
cincinnati , Ohio
Shut out here as well chaos at work put me unexpectedly on the road today. Will keep my eyes out. Next year may be a better goal and give me enough time to find and rehab the argosy of my dreams.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:43 PM   #71
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
Doesn't make sense that the 38,000 pre registered were shut out in 40 minutes as being "sold out". Looks to me that BM got snookered again and their "third party agency" sold wads and wads of tickets to scalpers not pre registered through the Burner Profile thing. Have no idea how they'll sort this out.

NevadaGeo
Old 02-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #72
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
Menlo Park , California
Tickets turn over through the STEP program, so you still have a chance at tickets. Also, tickets tend to become more plentiful in mid to late summer.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:59 PM   #73
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Lopez Island , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
Doesn't make sense that the 38,000 pre registered were shut out in 40 minutes as being "sold out". Looks to me that BM got snookered again and their "third party agency" sold wads and wads of tickets to scalpers not pre registered through the Burner Profile thing. Have no idea how they'll sort this out.
I heard aliens bought the tickets after seeing last year's man base.

Perhaps we should stick to facts.

All the tickets available at this point (38,000) sold out in about 45 minutes.

- Bart
Old 02-26-2014, 10:14 PM   #74
KCN
3 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
Victor , Idaho
Well, I was on there on time and didn't get any. Got put in the endless refresh loop for about 20 minutes and then booted off. But I'm sure it will be awesome for those that got tickets! Have fun!
Old 02-27-2014, 08:37 AM   #75
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
2015 Interstate Ext. Coach
Los Osos , California
The ticketing process is incredibly frustrating for most people. Kind of takes the anticipatory joy out of the event. Sure hope the powers that be get it under control for next year. Meanwhile don't give up yet. People's plans do change and usually there are some tix floating around as the summer approaches.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:38 AM   #76
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
I did get mine but sadly don't have any extras this year. I'll keep my eyes open...

Old 02-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #77
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCN View Post
... Got put in the endless refresh loop for about 20 minutes and then booted off. ...
This is the most frustrating part. What does it mean? Does it mean you are in line and just waiting for the window to open? Or are you in the loop waiting to get in line? I liked it 4 years ago when there was a countdown window that gave you and idea of where you were in line and how fast you were getting to the front. This "refresh" is just plain BS because you have no clue what's happening behind the curtain.

Z
Old 02-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #78
Head Animal Wrangler

2010 19' International
Los Osos , California
Agreed Z. ^^
You keep wondering where you are, what's up, and if you should be doing something differently.
It worked much better before.

Old 02-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #79
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
Holly and Dan and Patrick and I are looking for tickets so, there you go!
Old 03-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #80
4 Rivet Member

1991 30' Airstream 30
San Francisco , California
I'll be out there with two other Classic RV's and two trailers in our camp, and I know of two other motorhomes planning on going.

A burn highlight from years past was driving the Love Sub RC Airstream into your camp with no apparent driver, and heading straight towards the nicest looking trailer...talk about nervous looking people!
Closed Thread