Old 02-21-2007, 06:30 PM   #99
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandvm
We could look into renting an lcd projector in Newport for the night. Rentals in Corvallis run about $70/day......it may be less in Newport. It's a possibility. Janet...you might still bring the dvd in case we find something.

Also, is one easy-up enough to get everyone under cover in case of rain? I could purchase one at Costco if we need more.
I think we have a lead on a projector - almost positive!

Chris has an easy up. I s'pose we could bring 2....

DVD and player are packed.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #100
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Flying Cloud isn't flying..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenclose
Hi NorCal, Are you bring your Flying Cloud? Some day I would like to choose which Airstream I get to tow to a rally. K
Seattle
Don never responded I see... no, the flying cloud is still totally disassembled sitting on saw horses outside the garage.... waiting for warmer weather to be worked on. I do think, however, our local deer population that inhabit our backyard sleep under it to stay out of the rain... We will bring our sweet bambi.

See you there! Hopefully. Snow here.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S. Tardis)

Old 02-21-2007, 07:21 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I'm trying to picture the deer camping under your FC in the backyard. That brings a whole new meaning to the name "Bambi" for an Airstream ~G Maybe you can take a snapshot and post it for us?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 01:38 AM   #102
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
I got the weather out of the way for you

Hey all! Just back from Cannon Beach.... saw about 3 Excella's on the road going south on the 30 towards Astoria... any of them you?

Weather... well, let's say I've BBQ'd in all types of weather now... including some fun HAIL storms. Hail every night (no dents in the Argosy), snow showers on the way in to Cannon Beach from Portland. Today was sunny with the temp up almost to the 50's. I think I got the thunderstorms and WIND out of the way for you too!

Have a great time - the roads were fine, except at night... hard to see the lines from the glare of the oncoming traffic in the rain/snow (nothing stuck though... roads weren't slick).

Take care! Have fun!
Marc
Old 02-22-2007, 02:39 AM   #103
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Western , Oregon
Hey Marc,

We'll miss you guys........you noticed we're volunteering cooking breakfast indoors for everyone on Sunday morning..........sans bacon! You helped my fix at BB! Being bfast cook.....I figure I have the shortest travel time.....so will help folks get on the road sooner coming from parts beyond! Should be a fun group!
We're gettin' our Argy in travelin' condition......could use some pointers from you......as you've already been there & done that! Anxious to show you what we've done so far! (dang........we may be falling in love with it!)!

Don & Claudia,
Be careful going over the Siskyous summit.....I hear there's a weather advisory until 10 am Thursday!
See you guys!

2017 28' Signature CCD

2017 GMC Denali HD Crew Cab 4x4
Blue Ox Sway Pro Hitch

WBCCI #3538
jordandvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 07:53 AM   #104
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Yreka , California
Howdy all

We are not leaving this a.m. as planned. We have a foot of snow outside this morning. More snow is forcast for this morning. I hope we can leave on Friday. Right now we couldn't get the Bambi out of the garage. The snow slides off of the roof and in front of the door. Haven't gone out to see how deap it is yet.
So we are looking at leaving on Friday. We'll keep you posted. WE want to see our friends!!!
Don
Old 02-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #105
3 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Eugene , Oregon
Don and Claudia,

Too bad about the snow. Let's hope the weather will cooperate so you can leave Friday. Drive safe.

Brad
Old 02-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #106

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Snow?! Who ordered Snow?! Well, play it safe guys. We want to see you too, but there's always more rallys down the road if you have to stay home. I hate driving in snow! I don't think the Caravel will ever see snow under it's dainty little wheels!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 11:05 AM   #107
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
My tulips are buried!

Good morning!

Well, as Don said in his earlier post... we have snow. Last night Interstate 5 was closed over the pass... I shoveled snow off the stairs to get to ground level off the back porch... but it is coming down almost as fast as I can shovel!

Our Bambi is ready to go... waiting securely in the garage. If we can get her out... might have to do considerable shoveling once it stops. Here are a couple of pictures of our driveway and back yard. The lumps in front of the garage are cars and the flying cloud which sits on saw horses....

Hope to get out and join you! We were looking forward to this trip! We will do our best! But, like Don said... probably tomorrow.

Claudia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 2007 Snowstorm driveway small.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	32896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Feb 2007 Snowstorm backyard small.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	32897  

Old 02-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #108
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 26
1963 24' Tradewind
Seattle , Washington
Hey Jim!

Don't worry, we'll get that bacon going for next time! Can't wait to see your Argy... sure you won't ship it back after you're done? Just slap a FedEx sticker on it... it's white, looks like a package

Can't wait to see pics from the event!

Drive safely everyone!

Marc
Old 02-22-2007, 10:33 PM   #109
Rookie Rivet

1961 22' Safari
Corvallis , Oregon
Hey Guys, sorry I will not be making it this weekend, High School ski team has been keeping me very busy, my daughter is trainning this weekend, and next week is the State Racer at Mt Ashland. Thanks Jim J. for giving me a call, life is crasy in the winter time around here. Me and Murphy (Paula too) will miss the beach, and will try to come next time. We still talk of the BB trip! Have fun, Rick (Oh yea, the 61 still needs a little work too)
WBCCI #3999
www.PaulaLaMont.com & www.SkiTiger.com
"Now I only have two things. My friends and... uh... my thermos" www.Redthermos.com
skitger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 11:27 AM   #110

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Something has come up and we're not going to be there!

I'll miss everyone, and Chris I'll mail you a check for our spot! Sorry for the short notice!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #111
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
South Beach - great rally!

Hi folks,

Sorry some of you couldn't make it. We have had the weather, but a hearty and fun group anyway! Wagonmaster Chris has done a great job... had a spontaneous pot luck last night and our "official" get together tonight.

Lots of rain, but the good news our Bambi is cozy and dry. Hope to post a few pics when we get home... if we get home for awhile... the weather looks like we made it out of Dodge just in time!

Miss you Steph! Talk soon.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
Claudia
Old 02-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #112
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Well Gary and I are sitting in the yurt watching monsters inc. The weather has been well.......interesting. I ended up getting the meeting yurt for the Saturday night feast. We are going to watch the Long Long trailer later tonight. It is pouring rain out right now. All is good, were all warm and dry !

Catch ya later.

Life is a journey, not a destination
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote