Old 08-30-2005, 07:04 AM   #57
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
One for the Classic MH

Who in the Airstream Design world decided to put the generator where the Spark Plugs are completely inaccessible?

I would like to tune up the generator but to perform a simple thing as change or clean a spark plug, you have to REMOVE the generator.

A simple access hole or even better, put the genrator on a slide or other means of temporarily re-positioning the generator for servicing.

But on the bright side, many of the requests that are made on this thread are already implemented on many of the AS's.

Old 09-03-2005, 01:57 AM   #58
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB International
2005 28' International CCD
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
Several Airstream employees are members/lurkers here. I am sure they read all our posts with interest.
Dear lurking/member Airstream employee:

Please let us know if you actually read our ideas here and let us know if any, if at all, are being considered. Thank you.

Titus Moto Lite, Nerve Cruiser
Mike, Angela, the kiddies & 10 yr old puppy, Kenzie, our Golden Retriever and best friend ever
sarmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:50 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Here's a couple other ideas:

How about one sheet of aluminum to cover the trailer's entire roof rather than 2 sheets, with a seam down the entire lenght?

I wish there was an option to upgrade the flooring materials with better grades of vinyl and carpeting - Berber carpeting, for example, would be my choice as longer lasting and easier to clean.

I'd like to have an option for ALL brass fixtures in the bathroom - Airstream advertises and sells the Limited option for their Classics as having brass fixtures, but some are plastic or chrome - a chrome fixture next to tarnished brass colored plastic isn't very classic or classy.

John
Old 09-03-2005, 06:41 PM   #60
Rivet Master

How about an Airstream kit. Build it yourself. Order the thirty four foot Classic slide out or a CCD, and delivered to your door is everything needed to assemble it. Materials, complete plans and a few pnumatic tools for cutting the aluminum to riviting. Any extras like a extra outside bedroom door would be included in the kit at additional cost. A family project. Keep the kids off the street and teach them something.
Old 09-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #61
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Hey, I like this idea. But they should provide all the complex curvative peices and glass. Maybe we could pick it up at the factory with all the parts resting on the bare frame, suitably packed, with the rear taillights temporarily mounted and usable.

The question is how much would they charge for this?

Lamar
2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #62
Rivet Master

Thumbs up

Me thinks that it might cost more to deliver the kit by truck now then the Airstream is worth. One exterior segment delivered today in California from Jackson Center costs between $ 180.00 to $ 200.00...........what about tomorow?
Old 09-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #63
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
80,000 rivets in a F-14 ,,, 35,000 rivets in a Chinook helicopter,How many in a Airstream ????
Old 11-07-2005, 10:45 PM   #64
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
airstream product improvements

Sarmimi said it exactly right for me.
Plus I would add: Why the "suicide" door on the 22 CCD? Hinge it from the other side so the window can be opened. Ventilation is a big consideration here in Florida.

Dennis:
06, 22 CCD ( Seymore ), 06 Mark LT ( Dumore ), Garmin GPS ( Wally ).
Old 11-07-2005, 11:16 PM   #65
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
The one fabric my wife really liked was the amarillo (sp?) that was offered through the '04 Safaris and then was discontinued. Now she is "settling" for the least disliked of the remaining interior fabric schemes. We need more options!
Old 11-07-2005, 11:35 PM   #66
2 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Santa Ana , California
How about a black/grey water sensor that actually works?
Old 11-08-2005, 01:26 AM   #67
Rivet Master

2005 19' Safari
1968 24' Tradewind
Rural , Delaware
I'll second the black water sensor, add stainless or alloy screws on the exterior, and laminates that won't peel off the edges of the cabinetry. In fact, the woodwork in my 68 Tradewind seems lighter and more durable than in the 05 Bambi.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:09 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie's Mate
The one fabric my wife really liked was the amarillo (sp?) that was offered through the '04 Safaris and then was discontinued. Now she is "settling" for the least disliked of the remaining interior fabric schemes. We need more options!
We settled for the least disliked fabric on our 2004 Classic as well. I bet there are dozens of Airstream owners who could recommend fabrics that would be more appealing to a broader spectrum of customers.

John
Old 11-08-2005, 07:33 AM   #69
2 Rivet Member

At this time I do not own an Airstream, but since I have spent literally hours and hours on this site and others concerning Airstreams, I have a couple of suggestions. I am waiting for the day that we get our first Airstream.

1. How about the L shaped sofa in a 30 0r 31 Classic. I love the L sofa, but really don't want the whole 34'.
2. The fabrics I will second, third or forth...they are weak! Put some pizzaz in the interiors!
3. The flat screen tvs (and locations) seem to me as almost an after-thought. How about setting up an honest to goodness "entertainment center". The Classic 30 ought to have that built in where the cabinet is right behind the dinette. And I agree with all the ugly wires hanging from the flat screens.
4. I also agree that the A/C should be ducted.
5. The main reason that my wife and I aren't already pulling an Airstream is that she wants more storage in the kitchen area.
6. The quality issues are certainly important as well. For what an Airstream costs, everything should be perfect!

All that being said, I still want one. I love this forum and really enjoy all the thought and time that is put into it. I hope someday to see you on the road with our Airstream!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:48 AM   #70
Rivet Master

2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Hays County , Texas
I was lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfisher
We settled for the least disliked fabric on our 2004 Classic as well. I bet there are dozens of Airstream owners who could recommend fabrics that would be more appealing to a broader spectrum of customers.

John
When I traded for the 28' Classic at the International, I was lucky in that the decor in the one the dealer happened to have there turned out to be very attractive to both me and my wife. Many of the decors do not meet that test.

My decor is "Willow". The valances are simple with muted green and red striped overlays on a fuzzy gray field. and the sofa has an attractive multicolor fabric which I can't figure out how to describe. The pillows are mostly the fuzzy gray of the valences.

As much as I like the trailer, I would have had a hard time accepting a large number of the Airstream decors which are too fussy for my taste. I do notice that Airstream seems to be picking simpler decors in the latest trailers; a good move in my opinion.

WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote