Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Argosy Trailers > All Argosy Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2008, 06:20 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
I haven't had much luck with Home Depot and pex. Lowes has had rolls of 1/2" and 3/8" pex as well as a generally good supply of push on fittings. I bought a tubing cutter that looks like a big pliers with a mean blade that ratchets for $8 - $10. The cuts are square. I found the plumbing was a combination of 1/2" and 3/8" where the 3/8" was used to supply things like the wash stand and toilet and the 1/2" was used up to a branch point such as the water heater. The push on fittings are easy to use and don't leak. (So far!) No crimping with these! That crimping tool is ridiculously expensive!

For online supplies, try PlumbingWorld - Shop wisely, choose well. or Pex Connection
Old 07-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
pex to supply lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by granaudio View Post
Argonaut20-
I went to my local Homedepot today to price pex plus fittings but all they had onhand was 3/4" ID though they had all kinds of Shark fittings which were priced on the average between $4.50-$5.50/each which is kinda` pricey to me(humble opinions are OK) but I will try to do a web-search on pex-fittings soon to see if it`s possible to get fittings any cheaper without having to buy any crimpers.
I searched my closest Lowes & found that they sell "online" 1/2" pex for about $8.00/per 100' of pex(this may be an online-typo on their end) but if I can get it for this price I`m way ahead!!
I do have a copy of the Thetford/Model SL Aqua-Magic manual in case anyone is interested in it.

I read on another thread here somewhere that one guy recommended using 1/2" pex so that the fittings would end up 3/8" at the fittings..
is this possible? because when I asked at HD they said that only 1/2" & 3/4" lines were available, how would one get to 3/8" fittings?

Use a 1/2 pex angle stop,it`s outlet is 3/8 od compression-1/4 id which is supply size for the fixtures. A hand repair crimper-which will work on 2 or 4 sizes different can be found on ebay for around $30.00 and is well worth the money.The difference in fitting prices will pay for the crimper. Dave
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote