4 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
Milford , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by granaudio View Post
Gkeisel,
thank`s for the info..
I just checked it & found the 1 bolt under the pedal,
I also found the plug under the seat & removed it...I could see the base of toilet thru the hole but there is no bolt at the corner-end of base,
there is a water line that runs right under the plug-hole & when I pushed it aside with a screw driver I can see a base-bolt almost directly under/behind flush-hole(oh man),
this is a Thetford Aqua-magic GH/GL/SH/SL model.
I looked last night. There's a bolt behind the pedal, One under the cover and one in the back near the water line connection. It makes sense, because you need at least three points for a solid mount.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Here's a copy of the Aqua Magic manual - check the plastic fitting that the water line attaches to - ours split there due to not being winterized properly. It was misting water onto the floor and difficult to tell where it was coming from until you pulled the entire toilet. Lowes sells a flex head wrench that will make your life easier when it comes to taking that rear nut off.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Thetford Manual.pdf (3.00 MB, 668 views)

Old 07-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #17
Ruben

1977 Argosy 24
Monterey County , California
I found another bolt by taking a pic behind of the toilet area & seen 1 other bolt at the the base under the bowl, I`m hoping there are only two to remove it as I don`t see a 3rd one but this is a job I don`t look foward to doing as PO left some soiled toilet paper in toilet & it sits on a ledge just below the bowl slider(needles to say I have to fish this out as I don`t want this dropping down into tank & jamming anything up since I have not even checked dumping capablities of valves or tanks yet).
I`m getting ready to try & remove the toilet today or tomorrow & am also looking into cost of replacing all the plumbing lines & fittings from the kitchen-sink to rear with PEX since presently I pretty much have access to all of the rear plumbing now & would like to fix all the leaks to move onto other "projects" so I hopefully can have mine ready for a camping trip in mid-Sept. Will update with progress if anyone is interested.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Keep us posted on your progress. I think you will like the pex plumbing though the fittings are a bit pricey in my humble opinion.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #19
Ruben

1977 Argosy 24
Monterey County , California
Argonaut20-
I went to my local Homedepot today to price pex plus fittings but all they had onhand was 3/4" ID though they had all kinds of Shark fittings which were priced on the average between $4.50-$5.50/each which is kinda` pricey to me(humble opinions are OK) but I will try to do a web-search on pex-fittings soon to see if it`s possible to get fittings any cheaper without having to buy any crimpers.
I searched my closest Lowes & found that they sell "online" 1/2" pex for about $8.00/per 100' of pex(this may be an online-typo on their end) but if I can get it for this price I`m way ahead!!
I do have a copy of the Thetford/Model SL Aqua-Magic manual in case anyone is interested in it.

I read on another thread here somewhere that one guy recommended using 1/2" pex so that the fittings would end up 3/8" at the fittings..
is this possible? because when I asked at HD they said that only 1/2" & 3/4" lines were available, how would one get to 3/8" fittings?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Search for a mobile home parts supply in your area. That's where I get most of the pex I use.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:20 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1966 17' Caravel
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
I haven't had much luck with Home Depot and pex. Lowes has had rolls of 1/2" and 3/8" pex as well as a generally good supply of push on fittings. I bought a tubing cutter that looks like a big pliers with a mean blade that ratchets for $8 - $10. The cuts are square. I found the plumbing was a combination of 1/2" and 3/8" where the 3/8" was used to supply things like the wash stand and toilet and the 1/2" was used up to a branch point such as the water heater. The push on fittings are easy to use and don't leak. (So far!) No crimping with these! That crimping tool is ridiculously expensive!

For online supplies, try PlumbingWorld - Shop wisely, choose well. or Pex Connection
Old 07-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
pex to supply lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by granaudio View Post
Argonaut20-
I went to my local Homedepot today to price pex plus fittings but all they had onhand was 3/4" ID though they had all kinds of Shark fittings which were priced on the average between $4.50-$5.50/each which is kinda` pricey to me(humble opinions are OK) but I will try to do a web-search on pex-fittings soon to see if it`s possible to get fittings any cheaper without having to buy any crimpers.
I searched my closest Lowes & found that they sell "online" 1/2" pex for about $8.00/per 100' of pex(this may be an online-typo on their end) but if I can get it for this price I`m way ahead!!
I do have a copy of the Thetford/Model SL Aqua-Magic manual in case anyone is interested in it.

I read on another thread here somewhere that one guy recommended using 1/2" pex so that the fittings would end up 3/8" at the fittings..
is this possible? because when I asked at HD they said that only 1/2" & 3/4" lines were available, how would one get to 3/8" fittings?

Use a 1/2 pex angle stop,it`s outlet is 3/8 od compression-1/4 id which is supply size for the fixtures. A hand repair crimper-which will work on 2 or 4 sizes different can be found on ebay for around $30.00 and is well worth the money.The difference in fitting prices will pay for the crimper. Dave