Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2003, 12:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
Commercial Member

Help on leak in toilet...?

Grrrreeeetings!

Our toilet is leaking it seems [see picture] in the front. We took up the carpet for another and found the leak, the question is what is leaking and what would be involved in pulling the toilet?

What parts would we need and where would we get them?

Any help will be appreciated to the extreme.

The toilet bowl is a 'china' bowl, with two foot pedals and is in really good shape.

Thanks,
Andrea
Attached Images

escapeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 01:22 PM   #2
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Possibly seals

I would suspect the seals on the shafts that enter the bowl from the pedals. This is the only place that there is pressure to cause leakage.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 05:40 AM   #3
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
well...not familiar with that make or model of toilet, but I just had to fix a leak on mine, and the problem was the ball valve. this is what turns the water on/off when you actuate those pedals. (I'm not sure what John means in his reply; the shafts/springs from the pedals on my toilet don't go into the bowl).

there are a couple of places where water "could" leak. the fitting on the ball valve where the water supply connects; the ball valve itself; the hoses that go from the other end of the ball valve and send the water to the tank and bowl.
the other thing I'm thinking: is it leaking, whether you use it or not? (i.e. water supply leak), or only when used? there is a rubber seal that goes around the exit-hole, where the stuff goes into the tank. I wouldn't think that would be very likely to leak, but again..your toilet is different than mine.

the toughest part of my project was getting the toilet out. there are 2 closet bolts with nuts that have to be removed; then the toilet just lifts off. BUT...one of those nuts is a real bitch to access. took forever for me to get it out...and another long cussing session to get it back on. yours might be entirely different, in terms of accessability. but its probably just a couple of nuts holding it in place. one of them is probably right in front, under/behind the pedals.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote