Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2022, 06:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Heating pad install under the floor vinyl

Maybe this is an option. I use the Hand Warmers, same brand, they work well.

HotHands Bigfoot Adhesive Toe Warmer | 5 Pair Value Pack https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B09Q49R6...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:42 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
San Francisco , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb831 View Post
One thing to check/verify is that the vinyl flooring isn't glued to the wood flooring in the trailer. .
Thanks, yes, pretty sure it’s not. We see it bulge slightly in all sorts of areas when we park in different places. I suspect it’s only connected around the edge, and I assume effectively clamped down by kitchen, cupboards, etc where the major internal structures are
NickA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 04:45 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Livermore , California
cozywinters : Portable Electric Radiant Floor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatNutG2 View Post
We have one down our center aisle on top of the vinyl and use a 2' X 7' throw rug from HomeGoods over it. Works great! We plug into a thermostat/timer. It keeps the floor and the rig toasty.(and feet warm). I would not cut up the vinyl.
Another option is cozywinters.
Portable Electric Radiant Floor Heating for Under Area Rugs
https://cozywinters.com/shop/rug-hea...cid=11k6_6iq0t

Might go with this one
ASFC25_2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 04:56 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Livermore , California
Cozy Toes - Heated Foot Warmer Floor Mat

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickA View Post
I'd love to install a couple of these in my trailer...
https://expeditionupfitter.com/produ...-floor-heating

I'm pretty sure it'd be ok to put this under the vinyl, as the power output is pretty low. Ideally I'd put them where the orange rectangles are here...

Is there any way to insert them without ripping out everything to get to the edge of the flooring? Could I perhaps cut the vinyl at the pink locations, remove part of the sofa/bed framing to squeeze it underneath, and then staple the vinyl down again around the cut? Very interested in people's thoughts .

Cheers!
Nick

ok found this one....

https://cozywinters.com/shop/tct.html
ASFC25_2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 05:44 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
Hey NickA, Not sure about the bed but when I pulled the dinette furniture and rolled back the flooring to dry and treat my dinette flooring in my 27, it only took about an hour to remove. I'd do that rather than mess with slit and slide. Note the The last hidden screw in the street side furniture is in the hole cut out for the furnace vent. Also I you won't be able to install a pedestal base for your dinette like I eventually did if you put a heating pad there. - Brad https://www.airforums.com/forums/f39...ml#post1271262
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 11:48 PM   #26
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
San Francisco , California
Hi Brad - you’re the fountain of all knowledge!
Great input on pulling out the furniture. I wondered that but it seemed like a big job!. How’s it the vinyl connected down to the flooring at the rim?

As to the table base, I have a plan for that . I think I can cut through the heating mat between the elements and get the screws through while keeping it alive. It’s not going to be simple, but if I install both together, I think I can make it work. Worst case I lose a few small sections of the mat but the rest still works!

Cheers
NickA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 08:18 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickA View Post
Hi Brad - you’re the fountain of all knowledge!
Snip
How’s it the vinyl connected down to the flooring at the rim?
Snip
Worst case I lose a few small sections of the mat but the rest still works!

Cheers
Nick,

Some people fave called me a fountain but knowledge was not the term they used to finish the sentence! ;-)

My floor was held in by heavy duty staples. I used the same when relaying the floor. There were a few tears near the door/sink furniture.

Here's a thread about my pneumatic base table install. https://www.airforums.com/forums/f42...ml#post2147871

There are others if you google "springfield base site:airforums.com"

Good luck with your plan. I've stuck with the warm slippers plan. - Brad
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote