Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Globetrotter > 2018 - Current Globetrotter
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2021, 09:57 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Smile Newbie pulls the trigger!! 2022 27FB Queen Globetrotter

I turn 62 years old tomorrow (2 April), which makes me officially eligible for Social Security...but...not...just...yet!

So I celebrated by making a bold decision...I put my money down on a 2022 27FB Queen Globetrotter in Dublin Slate! I am beside myself with excitement, a completely new lifestyle is about to begin!

But I have to be patient. The factory is so far behind in product backlog, the dealer told me not to expect delivery in early November!

Not a problem, this will allow me the time needed to research and then to acquire the next big item, a qualified tow vehicle!

I want to thank all of you Airstreamers out there for helping me in this decision making process. The information offered on these forums is extremely valuable. I will be coming "back to the well" for more inside information, as I have much more to learn...and enjoy!

I hope to meet some of you on the road, someday in the future. Thank you again

Dorsey
BogeyPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:25 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Congrats Dorsey. I can imagine the wait will test your patience but that will give you time to find an appropriate TV. Hope to see you down the road, to me much better than on it, semantics.
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 10:29 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2018 27' Globetrotter
Elbert , CO
We have a similar rig - only four years older. There's a lot to like and be excited about!

The positive side of the wait is it will fill in some of the time before you go on SS.
djb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2023 27' Globetrotter
Winder , Georgia
Congrats Dorsey!
I was like a kid at Christmas waiting on ours last year and when that day finally arrived it was awesome. The interim is an exciting time also. You have a lot of time to prepare and research. Learn as much as you can during this time. You will also be tempted to wear out your Amazon account because there are so many cool must have toys to go along with your Airstream. The trailer purchase is just the beginning!!
Bcc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:11 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcc75 View Post
Congrats Dorsey!
I was like a kid at Christmas waiting on ours last year and when that day finally arrived it was awesome. The interim is an exciting time also. You have a lot of time to prepare and research. Learn as much as you can during this time. You will also be tempted to wear out your Amazon account because there are so many cool must have toys to go along with your Airstream. The trailer purchase is just the beginning!!
Thanks, Bcc75. Yes, I know! I want to install a kick-ass solar package (not the Airstream factory one...I ordered it without batteries) so I'll be searching the forums for the latest solar gear (panels, inverter, lithium battery). So much to learn.
Old 04-01-2021, 02:46 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' Flying Cloud
Fredericktown , Ohio
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyPro View Post
I turn 62 years old tomorrow (2 April), which makes me officially eligible for Social Security...but...not...just...yet!

So I celebrated by making a bold decision...I put my money down on a 2022 27FB Queen Globetrotter in Dublin Slate! I am beside myself with excitement, a completely new lifestyle is about to begin!

But I have to be patient. The factory is so far behind in product backlog, the dealer told me not to expect delivery in early November!

Not a problem, this will allow me the time needed to research and then to acquire the next big item, a qualified tow vehicle!

I want to thank all of you Airstreamers out there for helping me in this decision making process. The information offered on these forums is extremely valuable. I will be coming "back to the well" for more inside information, as I have much more to learn...and enjoy!

Dorsey
Congratulations on your purchase. We have never regretted our decision to purchase an AS. It will be worth the wait.

From personal experience, make sure you check every window for a chip/crack before you drive it off the lot. I missed that one. There are threads on what to check before you drive off the lot.

Have fun!
WBCCI #6826
We have Year-Round Courtesy Parking.
MMCMRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:14 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Brookfield , Wisconsin

Likewise, I offer congratulations on your purchase, and your new chapter in life. I am a couple years behind you, but that doesn't keep me from daydreaming. I lurked these forums for a long time and I agree the information on these forums is very valuable. I check them almost daily.

Ken

2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L Ecoboost
2018 25' Flying Cloud Rear Bed Twin
Great Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:26 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
2022 Atlas
Homosassa , Florida
Congratulations on your new lifestyle adventure. The anticipation will drive you crazy but when you spend that first night camping you will go "this is really nice". Have fun.
Tater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 04:11 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Rochester , WASHINGTON
Nice! November will be perfect timing to head south, out of dreary WA.!
Remember, follow the weather, don't fight it.Thats why these things have wheels
Old 04-01-2021, 07:37 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Thank you for sharing that...I will try to remember...November is a long time. I'll start making a list.
Old 04-02-2021, 06:11 AM   #11
'15 Flying Loud 20' Bambi

2014 16' Sport
2015 20' Flying Cloud
2021 25' Globetrotter
small city outside a big one , south of most, north of some
We did the same on a 25FBQ which is now backed up to April/June delivery. Ordered in December. Was supposed to be March delivery. They keep sliding back. I think supply is a problem for everybody right now. Power steps for my TV are a 10 week wait (though they take the money right now).

Amazon has a route for my house at this point. Drawer locks, LevelMate, Anderson Levelers, Trailer-aid tire changers, and a gas piston for a cabinet. X-Chocks, Locks, Pro-pride, Trax dolly, etc bought elsewhere. New tools, Diamondback, Bedslide for the GMC2500 HD as well as tool well, GMC cameras and tire monitors. LP conversions for my old Hondas. It never ends.

Read a ton of stuff here and start your 'needs list'. Plenty to make decisions on.
renderit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:03 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Rochester , WASHINGTON
Quote:
Thank you for sharing that...I will try to remember...November is a long time. I'll start making a list.
Happy Birthday new retiree! I'm a couple years more years past that, but here's a tip for slowing down, and getting ready for the Glamping/ Airstream thingy, before you get yours.
Down I-5 from Seattle, around Lacey, is Landyacht Harbor.Its a Airstream only park.Theres another one in Melbourne Florida I believe.
I used to go to Cabelas in Lacey, but never went to the park.Its close to there.Cabelas is now Bass Pro shops.Great place to pick up a lot of camping gear also.
On a sunny weekend, you could check out the Airstreams and tow vehicles they use.They should be roosting around outside ( like cops at a Donut shop), and, like here, some will be very talkative
Just walk around, look at the old ones and the new ones, tell them what you're getting, you should get a lot of advice, see the pros glamping set ups, and get some good tips and ideas on everything Airstream.
Old 04-02-2021, 09:57 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Wonderful suggestion, B. Cole. In fact, I'm headed down that way to Dupont to play golf today at the Home Course...maybe if I have time I will swing by. If not today, then soon!

Thanks again for that very practical suggestion!!
Old 04-02-2021, 10:00 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

2024 23' International
Seattle , Washington
Thanks for sharing that, Renderit. I have a feeling that mine will be delayed also...
Old 04-02-2021, 10:31 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Dallas , TX
Congrats and Happy Birthday!

We're a couple of years behind you in the ordering process, but we'll catch up one day!

Congrats!

Greg
Baron 8TB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:43 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1988 32' Excella
Robbinsville , New Jersey
And if you don't have much/any experience towing and backing up once you get your tow vehicle you can rent a u-haul trailer to practice with. That way you wont be too upset if there is any trailer damage.
Wazbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #17
Rivet Master

2017 27' International
Wasilla , Alaska
Congratulations - the fun begins

We searched for several years and changed ideas until we decided a 27FB was just right. Check out the "what did you get for your trailer today" thread - a wealth of experience and good ideas for personal upgrades. Have fun!
Old 04-02-2021, 12:35 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2021 20' Caravel
Plaistow , New Hampshire
Congrats, not a bad wait considering.
Old 04-02-2021, 05:43 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

Salisbury , Arizona
Quote:

Dorsey

Congratulations that’s Awesome, you will absolutely love it !
AM2PMtravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:35 PM   #20
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
McHenry , Illinois
You chose wisely!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

We have the same trailer / color combination except we went with twin beds. It was two years ago to this week that we visited the factory and saw it on the production line. Maybe they’ll start tours again before November so you could do the same.

I hope you love your new Globetrotter as much as we love ours!
WBCCI# 10258
RETIRED!
jeffmc306 is offline   Reply With Quote