Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2021, 12:20 PM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Lacey , Washington
Dorsey,
Best wishes for your new life as part of the AS family.
I live east of Lacey, WA about three miles from the Landyacht Harbor. We have a 2019 Globetrotter 27 FBT. PM me the next time your planning a trip down our way if you want to talk about Globetrotter's or TV's.

Gary W
WBACI #16885
Gary W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:19 PM   #42
2 Rivet Member

Yaphank , Arizona
Get a 3/4 ton pickup night and day difference.
scroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 01:32 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

2009 34' Panamerica
2005 28' Classic
Still , in the thick of it
You never forget your first.....Airstream.

Congrats!
panamerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:46 PM   #44
2 Rivet Member

2016 22' Sport
2018 25' International
Chino Hills , California
Congratulations Gary on purchasing your first Airstream. Welcome to the community of adventures and dreamers. Airstream‘s are an amazing way to travel. The true silver lining is the people you’ll meet on this journey. Looking for dreamers and adventures . You have just open the first door that will change your view forever. Living life to the fullest. It’s a big step. Congratulations Gary !!! Every moment of this journey amazing. See you down the road neighbor. Safe travels.
The Silver Buffalo #22624
Would highly encourage you to joining the international community as well as a local club. Take a look at the website. So well organized, we’ve made wonderful friends. please check out our club website The Greater Los Angeles airstream club.
Big welcome to you .
Luke Grisott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 08:07 PM   #45

2018 25' International
Quincy , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by scroon View Post
Get a 3/4 ton pickup night and day difference.
Absolutely. Best advice so far on this thread.
Honest Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 06:29 AM   #46
1 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Fayston , Vermont
Congratulations on your choice and belated happy birthday. We were lucky enough to start our AS adventures in 2016 when a local friend sold their 2006 23’ and we jumped in. After a few years in the 23’ we started dreaming of more time on the road (i turned 63 yesterday and I’m ready to ween myself off the work treadmill). In March of 2020, just before we really knew what the year would bring, we put a deposit down on a 2019 27’ FBQ Barcelona Blue that was bought and never used. Needless to say, we were really apprehensive about the situation when everything started shutting down, but the dealer understood and offered to return the deposit if we were uncomfortable about the purchase. They actually had to shut down before we took delivery so we had a couple months to think about it. By May we realized that we would survive and moved forward with taking delivery...one of the best decisions we’ve ever made! Our first few trips were long weekends close to home (Anywhere in Vermont is gorgeous) and then in September we sojourned to the UP of Michigan. Having the AS (Shirley) was the perfect way to travel and avoid excessive crowds, plus we met others doing the same thing and had a great time.
I’m not quite ready to retire, but I’m definitely taking a few month long trips this year, as a Realtor I can work from the road.
The 27’ FBQ is an awesome, comfortable rig for the two of us and UPS has a direct line from Amazon to our doorstep. I hope you’re as happy with your AS as we are with ours.
BTW, I traded in my 2018 F-150 Lariat Crew Cab with the 3.5 Ecoboost for a F350 Lariat (couldn’t find a 250 in August) with the 7.3 gas and it’s been a great TV. Just a bit stiff on the suspension. Since we carry a lot of toys, and have a Bedslide and Cap I didn’t want to worry about being over on the payload. I really liked the F150, and the towing capacity was no problem, but when you start going to the higher level of finishes the heaviest I could configure was just over 1800# of payload, and between the tongue weight of the 27’ and the toys we were pushing it.
Best of luck and see you on the road!!
naildriver58 is offline   Reply With Quote