Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > International > 2016 - Current International
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2021, 02:40 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2022 23' International
Folsom , California
Ordered 2022 27FBT

Hello all,

Just placed our order for a 2022 International 27FBT (Cove/Aqua) w/solar, convection MW, and 2nd a/c. Targeted delivery is year end.

A few items of note for the 2022 model.

Converter is lithium capable.
Refrigerator is now a compressor style (electric)
Battery disconnect is different (not sure why)
Outside step light is reoriented
I think they did away with the round light in the middle of the curb side

Eager to move from our "always broke and in the shop" 5th wheel into the RV we should have purchased 3 trailers ago.

Pat
camperguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:48 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperguy58 View Post
Hello all,

Just placed our order for a 2022 International 27FBT (Cove/Aqua) w/solar, convection MW, and 2nd a/c. Targeted delivery is year end.

A few items of note for the 2022 model.

Converter is lithium capable.
Refrigerator is now a compressor style (electric)
Battery disconnect is different (not sure why)
Outside step light is reoriented
I think they did away with the round light in the middle of the curb side

Eager to move from our "always broke and in the shop" 5th wheel into the RV we should have purchased 3 trailers ago.

Pat
Sounds great! I hope you enjoy it.

We had a 2015 International Serenity 27FB that we bought new in 2014. We used the trailer for 5 years without any real issues and sold it a couple of years ago to buy a 2020 LTV Unity B+ motorhome. Our thinking was that we would like a MH better because it was smaller, easier to drive as it wasn't much bigger than just the truck we used as a TV. We could also setup and breakdown much faster with the MH.

However, in practice we hated the MH and missed our 27FB trailer. So we recently sold the MH and have a new 2022 Globetrotter 23FB twin on order with delivery in September. I think we will be much happier with the Airstream and it took us some time but we finally figured out it was the best option all along.
RVDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 02:51 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Raleigh , North Carolina
Congrats!

We purchased a 2021 International 27FBT this spring and love it. The dual A/Cs get downright chilly but the heat pump is great too. We also have the convection microwave and while we aren't in love with it (yet... we are getting a lot better with it) the larger pantry was very much worth it for us (family of 4).

Happy with a propane fridge but I wish we had the upgraded converter...

Our unit did not ship with solar (lucked into and bought it as an inventoried unit so we got what we got).

Could you describe more about the step light and the curbside light? All we have is a bright white light just above the door frame (and the awning LED lights of course).
BT2513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:22 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2022 23' International
Folsom , California
Dealer said something about the light at the step being reoriented....it was day light so I'm not sure where it is. And some models have a round white light on the side (the one I saw on the floor did not). He said those were going away as well.
camperguy58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 05:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by BT2513 View Post
We also have the convection microwave and while we aren't in love with it (yet... we are getting a lot better with it) the larger pantry was very much worth it for us (family of 4).

If you wish, check out my “Traveling with Tatay” thread for my modifications to the wardrobe on our 27. I took my family (2 kids) on an 80 day trip and was also concerned about food storage. I turned one half of the wardrobe into an additional pantry. Has worked out well on that trip and since. Still plenty of room for everyone’s coats.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:14 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
Pat,
It sounds like you have done your homework, and all that’s left is to wait out the production schedule and enjoy! An Airstream isn’t guaranteed to be perfect, but like you, we did our time in the white boxes and would never go back.
You won’t miss the side light - it beams out like an aircraft landing light. I am always embarrassed when I wake up and find it on (not functional enough to notice and turn off; it’s more like the “look-at-me” lights on the Reflection trailers).
Happy camping!
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:41 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Eagle River , Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by camperguy58 View Post
Dealer said something about the light at the step being reoriented....it was day light so I'm not sure where it is. And some models have a round white light on the side (the one I saw on the floor did not). He said those were going away as well.

My 2021 international doesn’t have the round side light. Instead it has an white LED light strip under the awning. Since The lights are under the awning, it needs to be out just a little bit to use them. On the plus side, it is also attached to a dimmer so you can control how bright it is.

The light above the steps is also a white light. it is located directly over the door and faces down and out from the rig.
WBCCI #02348 / AIR #163014
GMT-9
Shattered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:49 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2021 30' Globetrotter
Oviedo , Florida
I’ll take a guess it also has on demand hot water heater. So far I like it. Boondockers ignition have a different opinion.

One other thing, although our AS seems to be head and shoulders above any other RV we’ve ever had (our Discover 40G was a close second) don’t be too disappointed if you have to make a few trips to get bugs worked out.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 11:10 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2016 25' International
Morgan Hill , California
Congrats on the order.
Please remember that AS are not perfect either. You will have problems so be aware.
Read up on some of those problems and see (when you get yours) if 'you' can improve on AS's build with the answers you find here.

Have fun.
kbmwrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 11:07 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Petaluma , California
New 27FBT

We should keep in touch, just ordered an International 27FBT due in Jan/feb. hopefully the fridge won’t be an issue with boondocking. Are you still in Folsom. We are in Petaluma.
fireleu6169 is offline   Reply With Quote