Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Classifieds
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1962 26' Overlander
San Diego , CA
1961 Airstream Overlander 26 - California

For Sale: 1961 Airstream International Overlander, 26' living space on a 29' frame.

New Dexter axels, new wheels, new electric brakes, new hitch, new pigtail, new LED running/brake lights, new AC unit, new memory foam mattresses, two new 12V lead acid batteries, new sway bars included. Trailer runs dual system AC/DC, everywhere there is a 120VAC light in the trailer, there is a 12VDC one in the same fixture. Tri power AC/DC/Propane fridge.

Needs tires current ones are fine, but 5 years old and it's probably about time. Significant ding in right front from jackknifing it when backing it through a tight opening. See pics.

This trailer spent 10 years in my friend's back yard as his guest house before he sold it to me. It then spent 10 years in my side yard as my guest house. Last year we replaced the axels and took it on a 2000 mile route 66 trip trip of a lifetime. Pulls great, stops great, turns heads when you pull in the campground. Trailer interior is largely original and in incredible shape.

I seek to be honest as a seller and also not undersell the trailer. Everything works. It works like a 1961 trailer that recently celebrated it's 61st birthday. Everything works great and at the same time everything is kinda wonky and requires a turn of the wrist to get it to work like you expect. A dedicated handyman with a few hundred bucks could get it working 100 in a long weekend. Even then, it would still have its quirks.

We're reconfiguring the yard and the driveway and we just don't have room for it anymore. Trailer located in San Diego, CA, can deliver anywhere in So Cal or anywhere a day's drive from here, UT, NV, CA, AZ, etc.

22,000. All offers considered. Offers made in person while standing next to the trailer are given more weight than "would you take..." offers via text message.

View this ad at Airstream Classifieds - 1961 Airstream Overlander 26 - California

photomikey2 is offline   Reply With Quote