Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-23-2022, 07:49 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Factory Tours

Any rumours of factory tours restarting anytime soon?

I know what it currently says on the website. I have signed up for updates. However, I'm anticipating high demand once Airstream edits their current policy, hence my query.

Thanks!
Mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:33 AM   #2
Site Team

2008 30' Classic S/O
Hampton Beach , New Hampshire
Factory Tour

We were at the Service Center last week. The reply was always "coming soon" when we asked about tours. Shelby County Ohio was rated low on the CDC covid maps, but that didn't seem to matter.

It's really a corporate decision for them with regard to assuming some risk to their workforce.

Business was booming, the work force parking lot's were full at all their plant sites in the area, with lot's of traffic at starting and quitting time. It was a good experience for us on our service visit. It would've been a bonus to see the assembly lines in action first hand.

Tom - S/OS #025
- 2008 30' Classic S/O - S/OS #025 - Riding on 16" Wheels and Tires -
- Live Free or Die -
STREMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 07:08 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Cambridge , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by STREMN View Post
We were at the Service Center last week. The reply was always "coming soon" when we asked about tours. Shelby County Ohio was rated low on the CDC covid maps, but that didn't seem to matter.

It's really a corporate decision for them with regard to assuming some risk to their workforce.

Business was booming, the work force parking lot's were full at all their plant sites in the area, with lot's of traffic at starting and quitting time. It was a good experience for us on our service visit. It would've been a bonus to see the assembly lines in action first hand.

Tom - S/OS #025
Thanks very much Tom!
Mattedfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 04:40 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Tavares , Florida
Anyone hear any updates on Factory Tours opening up? We are en route North later in May, it would be great to be able to take a Tour again.

We stayed at the Terraport in 2017 I think it was and had a great time. The tour was fascinating but I'd like to stop in again for a repeat if it was possible.

We may swing by anyway, there is always something I need in the Gift Shop.
“Character is doing the right thing when nobody’s looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that’s right is to get by, and the only thing that’s wrong is to get caught.” - J.C. Watts Jr.
Rich Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote