Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Exterior Storage Compartments & Access Doors
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Montreal , Quebec
Send a message via Skype™ to Rawn77
2010 Flying Cloud 27FB Storage Issues

Well, today I just ordered a Flying Cloud 27FB. I guess I don't have to tell you guys how excited I am; it'll take 8-10 weeks for delivery.
My big concern is storage for my outside items.
I'm trading in a a conventional 27' TT which has abundant exterior/pass through storage, that I'm easily able to store my hoses, cables, hitch stuff, chairs, BBQ.... well you get the idea.
The new Flying Cloud 27FB has only the front access door behind the propane tanks and the rear bumper.
I don't pull with a pickup and I don't really like to keep those things in the back of my SUV.
I was wondering if any of you who have similar floor plans; how you handle the storage issues.

Thanks in advance guys,
Ron
Rawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #2
banjobill

2000 30' Limited
battle ground, , Washington
suv or van inside storage of "stuff"

I have a similar problem in that I tow with an E series van and have decided to build some weather tite boxes sized to hold the "stuff" and then put them inside the van. Most of the "stuff" could just be inside the van, except for odors, required venting, etc. So, my plan is to build some weather tite boxes and use flexible plastic tubing to vent them outside the van-how to get the tubing outside is yet to be discovered-other than a hole in the floor. But, this way, the "stuff" will not be on/in the trailer, which has its own issues, similar to your new outfit. good luck,
ol' bill
wmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 05:50 PM   #3
RLS
Rivet Master

2004 25' Classic
Prescott , Arizona
Does the center one go to the space under the bed? If so, there is a lot of room under there. I use the front cover area where the propane tanks are to put my fresh water hoses coiled up under the lid. I also have a compartment right behind the propane tanks between the frame rails that holds my Lynx levelers. All other stuff goes in the bumper compartment. My BBQ is in a sealed cover that just goes inside on the floor along with extra chairs, fan and 2 bicycles.

Bob
RLS is offline   Reply With Quote