Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #1
A.K.A "THE STREAM"

2010 25' FB International
Arlington , Texas
Watched a Youtube Video,,,,RV Traffic.

I watched a video last night about a LONG traffic congested area full of RV's. The video was like 6:24 long and this couple was filming the traffic on a two lane road and countless RV's. I watched the whole thing and did not see one Airstream. I was amazed. This was not a caravan. This was just a bunch of Rv'ers on vacation. Are they that rare to see on the road?

You see, I am a Process Server. Have been for over 16 years and have covered this great state of Texas several times. <Video was not from Texas> I do not recall seeing any airstreams. I know that they are out there but are they so far inbetween that they arevery seldom seen? Is it the area? Are they more popular up nort or on the western coast? I have already been told since I got mine "Man they still make those?"...Or words to that effect.

I like being different, I like standing out in a crowd. Was I just not looking or is there some truth to my observation.

Shane

Tow Vehicle" 2023 F250 Azure Gray!"

TAC ID TX-1432
THEPILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
No matter where you are ,there are always many more of the disposable SOB`s than Airstreams.
Dave
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEPILL View Post
Was I just not looking or is there some truth to my observation.

Shane
Yes, I just came back from an AS rally, only saw more AS's in one place when I was at the factory. lol

If you want to see a rare item, look for AS motorhomes, recent or vintage.
DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
I imagine Airstreams make up a very small percentage of all the RV's on the road. You're stacking one manufacturer against hundreds. I live in a major urban centre with the Trans-Canada highway a block from my house and have only seen an Argosy and one Airstream in recent years. The Airstream was waiting for the ferry from Vancouver Island. I take the ferry to Vancouver Island regularly and of all the RV's waiting to cross, I've only ever seen the one Airstream. Of course, I'm not always there to see if others come and go. When you're on the highways, your occupying only a brief moment in time and are only getting a small glimpse of all that comes and goes.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:04 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1974 Argosy 24
Science Hill , Kentucky
It is true, there are many many more SOBs on the road than airstreams.....but now that you have it in your blood, you will start looking for them more and more and see more. Until the Arogsy I never really noticed the airstreams, even though we always did love them. Now we have a car game of spot the stream. Happy traveling
Dotz(daschund) CB (daschund) Oh and 3 kids!!!
TAC# KY-3
mouth012006 is offline   Reply With Quote