Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2005, 07:07 PM   #1

1947 22' Liner
seal beach , California
Is there a list of owners and their airstreams?

Hi, I am new to this trailer stuff, so my question is; is there a list of airstreams that are known, say beginning with the first one, and the owners of them? I am into Vw bus's, and we have a list going back to the oldest one, and so on, with the owner too. So just wondering if anyone is keeping track? If so, I would like to be on the list (if there is one) I have # 1018, 1947, guess its the 18th postwar airstream from what I have heard?, anyway, any help would be great, MAHLO, and aloha
skatevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 07:59 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1967 22' Safari
Branford , Connecticut
hmmmm...not that I know of!

Welcome to the Forums - We're into old VWs too (no type 2's though,darn!) and I know what you mean about the lists compiled of their dates of manufacture and current owners, especially the pre '57 ones. Can't say that I've heard of such a thing when it comes to Airstreams but since mine isn't that old I may be in the dark!

A '47 liner, eh? I hope you'll show us some pictures of your wonderful old Airstream. Now, you need a '47 split window with banana bumpers to tow it with!

Diane
moogie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:03 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Along those lines, now that there are a gazillion of us, I wish there were a way to search for a member's profile, just enter the name & voila! ... rather than having to wade through 6 pages of T's ...
Old 12-09-2005, 05:32 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
How about a searchable database. I'd love to be able to look up by city.....always looking for courtesy parking as I travel.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 06:45 AM   #5
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Hi skatevw -
It's not a list of owners but it does list Airstreams by model and has photos, in most cases.

www.vintageairstream.com/archives/index.html

As far as I know, this site is the most complete and the photos really help identify differences between different units. RJ has done a great job.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Aloha to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatevw
Hi, I am new to this trailer stuff, so my question is; is there a list of airstreams that are known, say beginning with the first one, and the owners of them? I am into Vw bus's, and we have a list going back to the oldest one, and so on, with the owner too. So just wondering if anyone is keeping track? If so, I would like to be on the list (if there is one) I have # 1018, 1947, guess its the 18th postwar airstream from what I have heard?, anyway, any help would be great, MAHLO, and aloha
I don't know if there is a list by production number. That would be pretty cool being part of a central registry.

Maybe Fred Caldwell the Vintage Airstream Club historian will see this and give an answer.

Sounds like you have a really good one. Did you just buy it recently? What kind of condition is it in?

Welcome!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote