Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > The Rally Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2014, 05:51 PM   #201
Deb N Jon

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Waterloo , Ontario
Canadian newbies here, we are booked on site #68 and are looking forward to meeting you and experiencing your southern hospitality. Can you tell us about any plans for the gathering so we can bring meals or other necessities to contribute. Is there a schedule of any sort?
Deb n Jon
1954 Heilite Pop Top camper
Old 08-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #202
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
DebnJon,

Welcome to Alumalina fall edition. I think Sandlapper will post more later. It's a fun rather informal get together where we share a bit of stories, cooking, campfire time, lots of tire kicking and Aluminum.

The State Park allows a nice central gathering area and it turns out pretty darn nice.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 08-11-2014, 06:30 PM   #203
4 Rivet Member

1957 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
Do we have an official wait list?? I'm currently booked in a site, but the old '57 may not be road ready as originally hoped. Still have a few weeks, so we'll see how we stand in early Sept. Would just like to know who's waiting for a spot.

Follow our blog! https://theoverlanderproject.blogspot.com/
Old 08-11-2014, 07:30 PM   #204
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Denise, work hard, burn the midnite oil, get there. It has been a long time since that rally at Carowinds and the Krispy Kremes. We would love to see your '57. I have 1 waiting so hold it till you know for sure.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
Old 08-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #205
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Black turns silver

6--Beetlebob Bob and Page
4--Kiddoc1 Frank and Debbie
10--Towjob1975 Darrell, Lisa, Jesse
12--MoparJohn John
13--Mtnlvrs Larry and Paula
14--Doug and Maggie Maggie and Lili
16--twobikes Al and Pat
17--StreamNtyme Don and Kate
19--Nilesrob Brad and Karen
20--Stellaluma Howard and Marti
21--Seven Brook Jimmy and Beth
22--GCinSC2 Gary and Linda
24--Beach House Mark and Kerry
26--SeeMore Dave and Susan
29--Delta Queen Ed and Bonnie
30--Photobum Vincent
31--Florida55 Chuck and Susan
35--Chuck and Karen
36--Jack B and Debra
37--SecEdBambi Scott and Pam
40--davcarv Dave and Andrea
41--BAB Barry
42--Phil and Sue Phil, Sue, Cheryl
44--Airsucess Carole and David
45--Chillpoints Jon, Allyson, Rebecca
46--Musicmaster David and Sia
50--Sandlapper John and Susan
51--BradNsheree Brad and Sheree
53--Terryandann Terry and Annie
54--Safari Streamer Bill and Kathy
55--Big Hooter John and Ann
56--John and Linda
57--tubewannabee Suzanne and Keith
59--Al and Missy
60--Ronnie B Ronnie
61--Roadrunner Bob and Linda
62--Dan and Jo
63--Jeff and Madelyn
65--KAYAKAMPERS Beth and Chris
67--Lisa
68--DebnJohn
69--Janice
70--Lonewolf Denise and hubby
71--StreamNmemee Bill and Shelley

Welcome DebnJon, glad to have you down our way. We will be sure you get an extra helping of our famous southern hospitality. Heck, we may even be able to scare up an extra possum for you to skin out.

We will be posting a schedule of sorts, along with some other info, real soon. Rally time is just around the corner.

Gary......almost time to hook up.

John

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 08-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #206
3 Rivet Member

Greetings from "Flowdah". Wanting to get some of that low country barbecue after getting our fill of some fresh road kill possum. Please put Wendy and me down on the stand-by list. We have a 25' AS TT and should be able to get into any space. This will be our first forum rally.

Pat and Wendy Conway, tel 813 335-3493, wpconway2217@yahoo.com

Thanks, Pat
Old 08-12-2014, 04:02 AM   #207
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Conway View Post
Greetings from "Flowdah". Wanting to get some of that low country barbecue after getting our fill of some fresh road kill possum. Please put Wendy and me down on the stand-by list. We have a 25' AS TT and should be able to get into any space. This will be our first forum rally.

Pat and Wendy Conway, tel 813 335-3493, wpconway2217@yahoo.com

Thanks, Pat
Will do Pat.

Wateree State Park is a great, lakeside park that will accomadate even the largest rigs. Paved roads/sites with water/elec and trees. And the rally ain't bad either. You will like it.

John

Old 08-12-2014, 06:01 AM   #208
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Sandpaper,

Can I hook up this weekend just for practice please? Maybe knock the surface rust off the rotors. Darn, before I can do that gotta fix a case of bottom trim droopitis rash.

Can at least test the firewood supply this weekend and see if it burns.

Gary
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
Old 08-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #209
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Cast Iron cooking anyone?

Folks,

Wish it was closer but got a few weeks to go so this might be a decent time to kick the coals under your cast iron cooking. We've had some fun with the old black DO's, skillets and griddles making several fine contributions.

So are you gonna bring your iron, heat it up and share a bit? I know Linda wants to make bean soup again, oh yeah gotta have some corn bread too. Hope we'll be cooking it on my steel camp tripod, it just looks right at a gathering. We've made a couple of eggstravagant egg bakes in my DO's and that is on tap for breakfast. I'd still like to make pancakes too. That big griddle I have needs exercised and a new DO cooking table that brings things up to a nice working height, sorry only room for 2 DO's but we can share as possible.

Jon (chillpoints) stepped in for Maggie this spring and I hope we can see and taste some samples from both DO bread chefs, each favoring their own style. If you missed Jon's cook station this spring, he has a real neat camp kitchen setup. This spring MPJ heated up a new DO and we tasted that success.

Camping and cooking, made for each other.

Gary
Old 08-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #210
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I will have the DO along, and plan on doing some bread. Hope the weather is cooperative.

Will also have stashed in the freezer a large jar of homemade jam.

Maggie
Old 08-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #211
Rivet Master

2008 27' Safari FB SE
Pfafftown , North Carolina
Alumalina 2014 - Map Update - as of August 18, 2014

Here's the latest Fall 2014 Alumalina Campground Map.

Fall 2014 Alumalina Campground Map
WBCCI 3823 - Unit 12 | AIR 48265
Old 08-18-2014, 08:26 PM   #212
2 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
1971 18' Caravel
Charlotte , North Carolina
Florida 55,

Chuck thank you for keeping the map up for the fall event up to date. I am sure there will be black trailers turning to silver by the time we check into the Wateree State Park. Anne and I look forward to seeing you and Susan and catching up with you all and your travels this year.

In six short weeks from this Friday the Fall Alumalina will be in full swing, possum bog, Rita, picking, mountain creek water and great fellowship sitting around the campfire. The big plus some of our cell phones won't work around the main campfire...YES.

Sandlapper(King Possum) asked me to start gathering up the slow fat possums so we will have plenty of fresh protein for the pot. I understand some of the folks get upset about fresh road kill so we can only bring walking critters this fall.

I hope some of the Low Country attendees will bring some the half shell possums this year? I guess we will have to wait and see?

Take care and we will see you down the road.

Remember we give a hoot.

Big Hooter
Old 08-19-2014, 08:00 AM   #213
2 Rivet Member

Charlotte , North Carolina
Oh goodness. I am coming to meet you nice people, but also to see what you have and ask questions and learn more before buying, but i think i've found what i want. i'm sure this is posted in the wrong place, but i kind of have a trust level with people who are so excited to go to an airstream rally! can you point me to some threads that tell what to look for in a 1975 sovereign 31? I do think it's over priced. He says all original electric and plumbing. red flag, no? but i also need to find threads that tell me what questions to ask. and if it gets that far, is there anyone south of knoxville who might look at it for me? i did look in the sovereign area of the forums, but specific threads would be very helpful. :-) :-) :-)!
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 AM   #214
Airstreaming Pagey

2015 31' Classic
Green Cove Springs , Florida
As Sandlapper knows, we leave the opossums in peace, so I will be bringing vegetables and fruits to the power grazing events. Looking forward to it.

This will be Bessie's first time out as a camper. She will serve that purpose until we get our AS. Much more room than our Volvo wagon. :-)

May your days be filled with love and laughter.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:05 PM   #215
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
OK, let's kick this thing off....

...rally time is just around the corner.

We will post the details a bit later, and have paper copies for everyone when you arrive. In the mean time this should get you get you started.

THURSDAY :
For the early arrivals, our fabuloso, super premo hot dog banquet. We have 100 dogs (donated) , chili, some fixins. We'll need some buns and anything else you want to toss in there.

FRIDAY :
Our really nearly almost famous possum bog. We will have it ready for supper, around 6 pm, you just focus on getting to the park safe and sound. If you have some easy side to bring/share, or desert, that will be great. Make it easy on yourself. We have a big pot that makes a lot of bog. And remember, it tastes just like chicken.
Friday nite is open mic nite. Please introduce yourself, tell us your story.

SATURDAY:
Pot luck breakfast. Bring your favorite breakfast dish to share. There will also be dutch oven/cast iron cooking delights, campfire pancakes, and cowboy coffee.
Also Sat morning we will have a couple of informal seminars, topics yet to be determined.
Lunch will be on your own.
Sat afternoon is the best part....open house, general paroozing and hanging out, and enjoy a visit with Rita.
Sat nite potluck supper. Bring a favorite dish to share. After supper we will have our raffle.

Once again we will gather in the big open area in the center of the loop. Campfire every nite, enjoy a great Carolina evening.

We will get details posted soon as to specific times and needs.

We are so looking forward to seeing everyone again, and welcoming new folks into the group.

Almost time to hook up.

John

Old 08-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #216
2 Rivet Member

1995 25' Excella
York , South Carolina
Lookin forward to the Fall Rally! Hope the weather is in our favor this time! I will be prepared with my polka dot rain boots though! Good food, fun and fellowship waitin just around the corner!

WBCCI #5659 Unit 22 Region 3 w/ sandlapper
Old 08-23-2014, 02:47 PM   #217
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Lisaslists20,

For inspecting the trailer, somewhere there is a list of volunteer inspectors but might just meet your inspector at Alumalina. Time will tell.

Beth,

Got to visit the metropolis of York SC today and the town was turned out for Yorkfest. All manner of show and tell and seller of goods both simple and astonishing. There was even a guy there selling old smooth wood articles.

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	144.7 KB
ID:	219616  
Old 08-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #218
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Hey Dude, was that candid camera??? You slipped that one by me. I was giving my best smile style profile to a potential customer.

In between selling and waiting, I spent the time working on Rally stuff. No matter where I am, or what I'm doing, I'm always dream'n of stream'n.

BTW, sold enough wares to buy a tank or two of diesel fuel and a couple of campsites.

Glad you guys could come up, always a pleasure to see you.

Closer than ever to time to hook up.

John

Old 08-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #219
GLCMRANGER - Sue

2016 25' International
Littlestown , Pennsylvania
John: Remember me? The newbie that hung out with Pam at the spring rally? Unfortunately, I can't make the fall trip but let me know when the dates firm up for the spring rally. I plan on retiring from the Federal Government the day before if it's the last weekend in March 2015.

Sue from PA

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 08-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #220
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
John,

That's the price you pay for having friends in low places.

Waking up to a cool temp with low humidity what's up with that!

Gary
Closed Thread