Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2011 28' Flying Cloud
Kingston , Nova Scotia
Storage

Hello
I'm new to owning an airstream, so new I don't pick it until till next weekend.
It is a 2011 28 foot flying cloud.
One question I have since cleaning out my existing trailer is storage in the new one. I was looking for suggestions on fitting things into certain areas or did you buy special plastic container to store stuff in ect.
Anything ideas will help.

George
Rust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Oakland , California
Storage for your new airstream

Hello George,

You must be very excited about picking up your new A/S! I think you will receive a lot of replies that direct you to threads on this very subject. I will defer to the more competent/experienced folks to direct you.

We picked up our new airstream a year ago. One thing I was very pleased about was that a number of the storage compartments came with plastic storage bins. The top utility drawer came with a cutlery tray.

You might want to see what comes with the trailer before you buy anything new.

MaryD
MaryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust
Hello
I'm new to owning an airstream....
One question I have since cleaning out my existing trailer is storage in the new one...
George
I had the same question exactly a year ago. And then I realized I had been carrying a lot of stuff I never used. I haven't missed any of it in the past year and have found the Airstream's storage is very workable. Mine was used and the PO didn't leave all the plastic bins but replacements were readily available.

Bet you'll enjoy your new one.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2011 28' International
Chatham , Ontario
Hello George,

We've recently become the proud owners of a 2011 28 foot International and have just come home from our third "shakedown" trip. There is loads of room in the Airstream. We have two kids who come along and we still haven't even begun to fill the space. The Flying Cloud even has two more overhead storage bins than the International, so you're laughing!

I see we are 'neighbours' being in Ontario and all... did you happen to get your AS from Can Am?
Mrs. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:08 PM   #5
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Howdy and welcome to Airforums.com to Rust and Mrs. T, two new Canadian members!

You're already seeing how much good information you are going to get on here, from MaryD and YankeeDoodle!

As for space, you have a nice big new trailer, Rust. As the old saying goes, take half the clothing and twice the money you thought you would need, and things should turn out just about right.

You'll have tons of fun finding out about all the nooks and crannies that you'll be tempted to fill, but ask yourself if you really need to before you do it.

Cheers,

Aage
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote