Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2020, 08:50 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Parkville , MD
Antennae signal on one TV, not the other

We can get a full line up of channels on the main TV using the antenna, but the bedroom TV just gets static. Autoprogramming yields no results...thoughts?
Kvraspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
My Safari had two TV outlets in the bedroom. The cable from the antenna/cable selector went to one box where there was a splitter to feed the other.

Also someone had rigged the wiring to use the cable tv input line to feed signals to the outside. This could be done by swapping the bedroom and cable tv coaxes on the rear of the antenna control switch. Does your Cable TV input line work?

Pull the bedroom antenna plate and check the back side to be sure it is connected. If you have two boxes in the bedroom check to see if the one you are using actually is connected to the control switch.
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 08:37 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
For our 2006 model there is a jumper cable that needs to be connected for the rear TV to get a signal from the antenna. I think it needs to be disconnected if there is a cable connection on the outside. I never can remember but for the TV antenna the jumper needs to be in place and power to the booster must be on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200203_141635.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	378219  
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:06 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by richw46 View Post
For our 2006 model there is a jumper cable that needs to be connected for the rear TV to get a signal from the antenna. I think it needs to be disconnected if there is a cable connection on the outside. I never can remember but for the TV antenna the jumper needs to be in place and power to the booster must be on.
On my 2001 and now my 2002 trailers, that jumper was in the CATV cable between the outside connector and the switch plate. The design intent was to allow the use of that cable to bring in a signal from a satellite dish and connect one of the old satellite receivers (pre-HD days) in line. The satellite receiver would decode the satellite signals and remodulate them in the NTSC standard onto the cable. To watch the satellite one would turn off the antenna and the remodulated satellite signals would be routed to all TVs. Since digital TV came along, the remodulation process is much more complicated and expensive so the capability was dropped. Virtually no satellite receivers have an antenna output jack any more. It is simpler to put the digital signals on an HDMI cable.

On my trailers that jumper is required to watch cable TV at any TVs in the trailer. Antenna reception is not affected.
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:43 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
I'm In , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Missy View Post
On my 2001 and now my 2002 trailers, that jumper was in the CATV cable between the outside connector and the switch plate. The design intent was to allow the use of that cable to bring in a signal from a satellite dish and connect one of the old satellite receivers (pre-HD days) in line.
I have only used that outside connection at a site that had cable TV. I never had a satellite dish and I always just use the old crank-up antenna. I never can remember about the jumper so I have to fiddle with it until things work on both TVs.
2004 4Runner SE 4.7L V8
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote