Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2022, 10:36 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by csb333 View Post
Hi,
Yes, I had my lithium upgrade completed in Jan 2021. Agree that it has been a big improvement but I still can’t leave Van without shore power for long periods as it will eventually drain and solar panels can’t keep up…this is even with master power off. I had 2x Battleborn lithium, Victron Monitor, new solar controller and upgraded Magnum controller. I can run overnight with fridge in power save and just heater on propane…no other draws. Next morning I need to start gen or drive van. So, better but not convinced I still don’t have some large drain on batteries.
Thanks sucks your still having issues. I just noticed that your signature states that you own a 2021 AI19. We have alot of 2021 owners on the AI19 FB page that has or had issues with power draws. I haven't plugged in my rig since the upgrade. My upgrade components and who installed the upgrade.

2x Battleborn heated lithium > AS in JC, OH
Victron Buck Boost replaced with lithium config > JC, OH (I had to tell them I needed the new configurations and they eventually switched it out.
Victron SmartShunt > me
Victron Smart Solar > me
Magnum controller upgrade > me
Magnum inverter/charger upgrade > wasn't completed because AS nor myself was aware it needed to be changed out. I still have the original one and not a big deal imo. The only disadvantage I have with this inverter/charger is that when connected to shore power, it won't change the house batteries until it reaches 12.9V or less. My house batteries never get that low due to the solar so all good. When I'm contacted to shore power, I don't need the batteries and when not contacted either the engine or solar will top off my batteries.

Now I just need to figure out how to wire the Victron Buck Boost purple wire to a wireless remote switch so when I plug in my GZ1500X, the power doesn't go upstream from the house batteries to the chassis battery. Once that's done, life is good.
jhayesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:40 AM   #22
1 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 19
West Gilgo Beach , NY
Hello. I did upgrade to Lithiums a year ago. After some problems with the installation (wiring issues) I’m really happy with it. I never worry about power any more. I do keep a close eye on it but at this point it’s just my power drain paranoia.
tomatwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 09:52 AM   #23
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

A multimeter with a DC clamp on amp sensor will quickly tell you exactly where the current is or is not going. Just make sure you get one that has a 40A (or lower) scale. The 400A only versions aren't all that useful for this.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 07:40 AM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Kansas City , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatwell View Post
Hello. I did upgrade to Lithiums a year ago. After some problems with the installation (wiring issues) I’m really happy with it. I never worry about power any more. I do keep a close eye on it but at this point it’s just my power drain paranoia.
I was the same way initially after the upgrade but now I don’t worry about it. Going from AGM that had inadequate power to lithium will definitely cause some paranoia in the being. Some would call it AGM PTSD.
jhayesas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 11:28 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
, California
Installed switch over remove purple wire and TSconfig settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhayesas View Post
Thanks sucks your still having issues. I just noticed that your signature states that you own a 2021 AI19. We have alot of 2021 owners on the AI19 FB page that has or had issues with power draws. I haven't plugged in my rig since the upgrade. My upgrade components and who installed the upgrade.

2x Battleborn heated lithium > AS in JC, OH
Victron Buck Boost replaced with lithium config > JC, OH (I had to tell them I needed the new configurations and they eventually switched it out.
Victron SmartShunt > me
Victron Smart Solar > me
Magnum controller upgrade > me
Magnum inverter/charger upgrade > wasn't completed because AS nor myself was aware it needed to be changed out. I still have the original one and not a big deal imo. The only disadvantage I have with this inverter/charger is that when connected to shore power, it won't change the house batteries until it reaches 12.9V or less. My house batteries never get that low due to the solar so all good. When I'm contacted to shore power, I don't need the batteries and when not contacted either the engine or solar will top off my batteries.

Now I just need to figure out how to wire the Victron Buck Boost purple wire to a wireless remote switch so when I plug in my GZ1500X, the power doesn't go upstream from the house batteries to the chassis battery. Once that's done, life is good.
Good morning wanted to see if you decided on a fix and or de iced software was the way to go. I had same problem once I set TS config to turn on with vibration and didn’t use purple ignition as trigger. Then house started depleting chassis. Spent an hour on software to change TS config to set Chassis battery shutoff higher and reduce LI charge to 14.2 ? Looking to pull back purple wire seeing now that earliest buckboost required wiring new black ribbed buckboost doesn’t Since we were in the earlier change over on 2021 model years and move to LI and buckboost system, Victron has simplified install Looking foward to straight Orion xs install once they start shipping.

Also does anyone have TS config settings to share that don’t use purple trigger. I’m exploring on my end and o far it’s okay but I’m new to this.