Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #21

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
And yet the charge wire on an AS TT is always blue.

Different for Argosy?
I can't honestly say I remember the color of the 12V charge line in my Argosy umbilical, I haven't had that connector open in well over a year. I haven't traced it to the other end because some PO cut it (likely because their TV was wired wrong and/or they ran their TV battery down and got cranky.) Since I have an old RM75, I don't need to charge the battery while driving so I didn't fiddle with it once I figured out why it wasn't charging.

DKB

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
I agree "Blue" for the charge line. The yellow may be to the breakaway switch, the positive wire.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:03 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
1977 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Darrington , Washington
78 Argosy wiring Question

A few months ago, I added a Baker power tongue jack instead of my manual jack. I asked the factory tech rep how to run a power line to the jack. He suggested using the power line to the breakaway switch. So that is what I used for power. It works just fine except.... I was camping work work and I went out to disconnect the trailer and the jack would not power up. I checked everything, the slow blow fuse, I finally hand jacked the trailer free of the truck. After a few days of discussing the problem with Baker, they sent me a new power head. After the re-install it worked fine for a few times then the same situation occurred. Not having tools or time, I took the trailer to the local RV shop. They then told me there was no power to the unit and the break away power was dead too. They searched for over an hour and could not find a fuse so they ran a new line. Does anyone know if the breakaway switch power line has a fuse??? Where might it be??

Thanks
buffaloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 PM   #24
Aussie Airstreamer

1976 Argosy 28
Warner Robins , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkreykes View Post
The box to the right just had a little light connected that illuminated outside of the trailer for some reason, but I disconnected it. I attached pictures of the wiring in the Univolt. I am really stuck on this project!!! Also, in the front where all the trailer lighting wires are, there is a yellow wire that goes into the floor of the trailer, then reappears at the Univolt I think. What should this be connected to? I have everything disconnected right now. The water pump is also unplugged and was when I received the trailer. What wire goes where? Thanks!
The green light means that there is a short or phase issue with the AC power. You need to get your AC system checked before anything else.
Buswell Mob is offline   Reply With Quote