Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-19-2019, 09:04 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2021 19' Bambi
San Francisco , California
What’s the dot mean on the Sea Level?

I’m starting to think my $299 walkthrough was a little rushed. Again have searched the forum and the internets, got out the Sea Level manual and still no answer. When I press the Sea Level tank reader it gives me a read out, if I press again a red dot appears on the bottom right corner of the screen. What’s the red dot function? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5852.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	341188Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5853.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	341189
Spartanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Driftless Area , Wisconsin
First—you had to pay for a walkthrough?

Second—the manuals for pretty much everything are available online. I’ve created a little online folder that is available on the trailer’s iPad with all the manuals on it as .pdfs for offline viewing. The only manual I had to call someone for was the Contoure microwave.

Third, the only thing I learned from the SeeLevel manual was that you can set an alarm and that the dot means “hold display”—here’s the description from the manual:

Quote:
To continuously display a reading, press and release the desired button, and then press the same button a second time. When the button is released, the display will be in hold mode, which is indicated by the decimal point on the right hand side turning on. While the display is in the hold mode it will recheck the held level every 2 - 3 seconds so the user can watch the level change while the tank is being filled or drained. The other tanks will continue to be scanned every 10 - 15 seconds. The display will automatically shut off after 5 minutes in hold mode. To end the hold mode before the 5 minutes is up, press any tank button, and the display will shut off.
FYI—not sure if this is why you can’t find any info, but in your post you misspell the name of the company/product. Per the label on the monitor, it’s “SeeLevel” not “SeaLevel”. Here is the website with the manuals.
nryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:13 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 25' FB International
2007 20' Safari SE
2005 19' Safari
Qualicum Beach , British Columbia
I just can't believe you had to pay for a walkthrough!
gandttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:33 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
If you press one of the buttons twice, or maybe it's if you hold one down too long, it will keep that value showing until you press another button. Supposedly so you could see it changing real time, but I haven't seen that to be very useful. When in that mode you will see a period (dot) after the value.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:24 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nryn View Post
Second—the manuals for pretty much everything are available online. I’ve created a little online folder that is available on the trailer’s iPad with all the manuals on it as .pdfs for offline viewing. The only manual I had to call someone for was the Contoure microwave.
Is there a comprehensive list of every single manual that "should" have come with the AS?

I am missing my Contoure Microwave and solar controller. That leads me to believe there are other manuals I may be missing.

I'd love to have all the PDF's for my systems, just need to know what I should have and what is missing.
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 05:50 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittmaster View Post
Is there a comprehensive list of every single manual that "should" have come with the AS?

I am missing my Contoure Microwave and solar controller. That leads me to believe there are other manuals I may be missing.

I'd love to have all the PDF's for my systems, just need to know what I should have and what is missing.

No, I don’t think there is. There is a sheet that comes with your trailer (mine did, anyway) that lists major systems/appliances and their serial numbers. I went off that and added stuff as necessary (for things like driving camera, tank level monitor, etc.).

My notes state that I had to email warranty@contoureusa.com for the microwave manual. They sent it within a day.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:11 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandttimes View Post
I just can't believe you had to pay for a walkthrough!
Ditto.
However don't feel bad that you didn't learn everything. I had previous RV's and the tech was great, but the next day I realized I had about a hundred more questions.
I still have some. (I didn't know about the dot!)
Not everything can be answered in the manual.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:53 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Okay, Spartan I guess I'll be the.one rude enough to ask.

Where did you buy your Airstream?

--------------
I've heard tales that "CW" charges extra for propane tanks supplied by the manufacturers and a bunch of other equally outrageous stuff but this takes the cake.

OTOH, the internet has changed everything. There are no rubes walking in who think that 10% off list is a good deal, and the idiot sales people are so eager to close deals that they give away hitches, supplies, free camping nights, and on and on. Between warranty work and free labor on hitches and upgrades, most dealers are 3 months behind and losing money on their service departments.

I wonder if dealers are getting creative or just desperate to make a living?
Old 05-20-2019, 10:23 AM   #9
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
I’ll speak for myself—I did a lot of research beforehand and wanted a brief walkthrough/overview. I had a list of questions mostly in the area of safety and operational topics and they were all answered either during the walkthrough or in serial fashion afterwards. Just about everything else I can figure out myself and almost prefer to (it “sticks” better for me).

Some stuff definitely warrants a walkthrough for some people, myself included, but really in the age of the Intertubes I’m not sure they have as much value as they perhaps once did. In fact I realized when I bought my truck that “orientation” now is mostly a 20-something-year-old hitting play on a YouTube video and watching it with you. I stopped about 1.25 videos in.

I was also curious about the dot on the monitor and had an answer in less than 3 minutes. So time-wise I think I’m still ahead...

I definitely think that an owner of a new Airstream is, for lack of a better word, entitled to an orientation. Not sure why this dealer charged for it and that they did is very unfortunate.

Don’t worry, OP, this forum has your back! (as long as it’s not a question about hitches :P)
Old 05-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
1957 18' Wanderer
Marfa , Everywhere
I'm with everyone else here: you should not have had to pay for your walk through! You should get your money back! Shame on them.

The dot that come up simply means that the display will stay lit for a few minutes so you can see it while you're dumping.......not very complicated.

Really. I would have a conversation with the management at that dealership and let the head honchos at Jackson Center know what's going on there. Talk about generating revenue! How dare they?
57Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:35 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

2021 19' Bambi
San Francisco , California
Appreciate you all and thanks nryn for the answer. I don’t wish to speak badly of Airstream of Scottsdale (there it is, lol), they had the unit I wanted and their GM Ken wanted me to leave happy, so much so he gave me $40 cash when I had to drive back 30 miles after realizing my right side tail lights weren’t working (fuse in my tow vehicle). I’d happily pay for a walkthrough from a place like Colonial from a guy like Patrick, unfortunately the guy who did my walkthrough was a service person with an anti-Airstream tone. I actually requested he not be around when I had to return regarding the tail lights. Airstream of Scottsdale keeps their units inside and they are exceptionally clean, the dealership is apparently newish and owned by a guy “my age” (I’m 36). Finally, I’m not even sure if I paid the walkthrough fee after negotiations and the negotiating was exhausting and made me feel like the bad guy. I think my next Airstream will be from Foley RV or Colonial. Mr. Foley is a real Airstreamer and I like that. I don’t think a person at Airstream of Scottsdale owns one or really appreciates Airstreams and it kinda comes through. Finally, as a person with a psychology degree, they use NLP sales techniques which annoyed me.
Spartanguy is offline   Reply With Quote