Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2018, 03:52 PM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Troutboy's Avatar

 
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,651
Images: 1
Sea Level II - Fresh water tank stuck on 100%, even when empty

I have a 2017 FC 23D.

It has a Sea Level II tank system, model 709-P3-16593.

The readout for the freshwater tank is reading 100% and will not move, even when tank is empty. I have read the manual and troubleshooting. Have checked connections at the monitor, re-set, power up and down, etc, and it wont change.

There is a diagnostics you can run which will give you two readings, the Power of the signal, and the height of the strip. Wondering if anyone has had this before and can recommend a fix.

My diagnostics for all tanks are as follows:

Fresh water reading 100% P=46, H=3
Grey Water reading 19% P=58, H=4
Black water reading 0% P=50, H=4

The way you read the diagnostics is as follows:

1. Press and hold the tank you want (i.e. fresh water tank)
2. While holding the tank button pressed in Step 1, press and hold the battery button, until the DIAG is shown in LED.
3. Release both buttons, and the LED will cycle tp P and H.


Wondering if someone could run the diagnostic on there tanks to compare P and H value. Again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is still under warranty, but interested in a self repair if possible.

Thanks
Rich
__________________
Thanks,
Troutboy
Troutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:23 PM   #2
Rivet Puller
 
SeeMore's Avatar
 
2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,607
Images: 3
The manual:

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...anual_v3.5.pdf
__________________
"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Troutboy's Avatar

 
2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,651
Images: 1
Thanks, I have read the manual already. Anyone have same experience and know of fix?
__________________
Thanks,
Troutboy
Troutboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:06 AM   #4
Eric
 
2019 25' Flying Cloud
tucson , Arizona
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 31
Hi .. I'm looking into the same system .. trying to figure out how hard is to install the system ..thoughts ?

Eric
laferic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #5
Airstream Ambassador
 
AirstreamInc's Avatar
 
Jackson Center , Ohio
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 620
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
I have a 2017 FC 23D.

It has a Sea Level II tank system, model 709-P3-16593.

The readout for the freshwater tank is reading 100% and will not move, even when tank is empty. I have read the manual and troubleshooting. Have checked connections at the monitor, re-set, power up and down, etc, and it wont change.

There is a diagnostics you can run which will give you two readings, the Power of the signal, and the height of the strip. Wondering if anyone has had this before and can recommend a fix.

My diagnostics for all tanks are as follows:

Fresh water reading 100% P=46, H=3
Grey Water reading 19% P=58, H=4
Black water reading 0% P=50, H=4

The way you read the diagnostics is as follows:

1. Press and hold the tank you want (i.e. fresh water tank)
2. While holding the tank button pressed in Step 1, press and hold the battery button, until the DIAG is shown in LED.
3. Release both buttons, and the LED will cycle tp P and H.


Wondering if someone could run the diagnostic on there tanks to compare P and H value. Again, any suggestions would be appreciated.

This is still under warranty, but interested in a self repair if possible.

Thanks
Rich
Hi Troutboy,*

Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
__________________
Official account for Airstream, Inc.
Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support can be reached at 1 (877) 596-6111, option 1.
AirstreamInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:58 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member
 
Uncle_Bert's Avatar
 
2018 23' Flying Cloud
Pittsburgh , PA
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutboy View Post
I have a 2017 FC 23D.

It has a Sea Level II tank system, model 709-P3-16593.

The readout for the freshwater tank is reading 100% and will not move, even when tank is empty. I have read the manual and troubleshooting. Have checked connections at the monitor, re-set, power up and down, etc, and it wont change.

...

Thanks
Rich
I have a 2018 FC 23CB (just out of warranty :-( ) and the Seelevel II monitor for the fresh tank is reading Ďopní (open). It worked fine for the first 2 years, but then started to be flaky. For a while it was reading 100% when the tank was full, then opn after water was used. Now it is stuck on opn all the time. Black and gray seem to be working ok, though for a few days they were reading somewhat erratically. Does anyone know if the connections from the sensors to the readout are accessible anywhere?

Rich, I am curious as to the resolution of your problem.

Thanks to all for a great 23d thread. I am continually impressed by the creativity of the solutions poster here.

-Bert
Uncle_Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:19 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member
 
2019 27' Globetrotter
Denver , North Carolina
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 173
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMore View Post
This link didn't work for me but this one did for the 709-P3.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/wp...anual_v3.7.pdf

Dave S
link2dks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:44 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

 
2013 30' Flying Cloud
Kingwood , Texas
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 269
Blog Entries: 1
Troutboy, the “P” numbers being above 20 are good. I suggest you call the Garnet tech support on Monday. They are very helpful and do answer the phone quickly. Good luck. You might look for the sensor on your fresh water tank, just to visually inspect it. Access to the fresh water tank might be from the inside of the trailer. Apparently you can’t mix sensors so you will need to know what you have before you order a new one if that’s the problem.
DoubleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:59 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member
 
youngpeck's Avatar
 
1976 25' Caravanner
Salt Lake City , Utah
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 396
I second that suggestion to call the manufacturer. The folks there were very helpful when I was installing my sensors.
youngpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 05:35 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member
 
2020 23' Globetrotter
Towson , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 13
I have this issue on a brand new 2020 Globetrotter 23fb. Started after I filled up freshwater tanks and it overflowed. It worked for a month or so prior to that.

My unit was delivered in June. Iíll be taking it in this fall for a bunch of kinks to be worked out and this is one.
dream_stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 11:51 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member
 
Uncle_Bert's Avatar
 
2018 23' Flying Cloud
Pittsburgh , PA
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_stream View Post
I have this issue on a brand new 2020 Globetrotter 23fb. Started after I filled up freshwater tanks and it overflowed. It worked for a month or so prior to that.

My unit was delivered in June. Iíll be taking it in this fall for a bunch of kinks to be worked out and this is one.
I would be very interested to hear what is done to resolve this problem.
thanks,

-Bert
__________________
-Bert
2018 Flying Cloud 23CB
2017 F150 Ecoboost 4x4 SCrew
Outward bound, upon a ship that sails no ocean... (Tom Paxton)
Uncle_Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:19 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member
 
2020 23' Globetrotter
Towson , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Bert View Post
I would be very interested to hear what is done to resolve this problem.
thanks,

-Bert
Hi Bert-

I haven't taken it in but the issue did self resolve. Not sure how. The gauge was not reading correctly and the freshwater check valve wasn't working and both resolved. I'm guessing after towing to a new location something was jostled that caused both to work again.
dream_stream is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sea Level 2 Pthorpe4080 Electrical - Systems, Generators, Batteries & Solar 1 05-01-2018 07:40 AM
Sea level II Monitor Rockhound100 Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures 6 07-08-2017 08:17 AM
Sea Level to High Elevation: Look Out! Ray Eklund On The Road... 21 09-15-2016 10:15 PM
sea level II Drplate General Repair Forum 0 11-09-2015 08:02 PM
fresh water tank level and pumping Lumatic Fresh Water Systems 8 12-24-2007 05:51 PM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.