Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Long Island , New York
Toilet Flange & Tank Not Square

Ok, so I replaced the floor in the bathroom, valve leak and years of, well you know destroyed the subfloor. It was to the point that the toilet would move when you sat on it like a rocking chair. The floor was rotten especially behind the bowl, sothe plastic threaded neck of the tank is now in a permanent angled back position. I tried to put the flange back on but it crossthreads because its not square, you follow? Right now it is 30 degrees here, so I just put a u clamp in there, without the flange attached tohold it square with the subfloor, and am letting it sit. The only thing I can think of is maybe filling the tank with hot water to maybe make it more pliable? Any ideas?
Jeepjunk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:47 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Long Island , New York
Got it! I will take apiece of rope and tie it in the middle of a piece of wood or metal and drop it vertically into the tank. Then when its in the tank I will turn it horizontally, pull on the rope, square it up, and tighten the flange. done.
Jeepjunk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #3
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepjunk4 View Post
Got it! I will take apiece of rope and tie it in the middle of a piece of wood or metal and drop it vertically into the tank. Then when its in the tank I will turn it horizontally, pull on the rope, square it up, and tighten the flange. done.
Not quite done. Figure out how you'll get it back out again, too. Unless you want a piece of wood floating in your tank all the time.

My suggestion— before dropping it in the tank, attach a second piece of rope to one end. Leave that rope slack. Then, once you're done, let go of the first rope, and pull the wood back up by the second one.