Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Fresh Water Systems
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2022, 06:24 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
North Royalton , Arizona
I have a 28 ft International, same problem, occurs only when water pump is being used from fresh water tank. The source of the leak after accessing from inside closet is the plastic part of the water inlet secured by 3-4 screws. I was able to tighten all of them for a temporary fix and using water pump to a minimum. The AS is winterized now in Ohio, it’s a project I need to work on this spring. I already bought the Shurflo water inlet ( Amazon, $34) plus the gasket kit from Woodland Airstream in Michigan.

Good luck!
Melucy2airs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:10 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1988 29' Excella
Lorena , Texas
Trick for finding leaks

I have nothing to add with respect to the source of the leak…

What I can add is the way I find leaks.

Paper towels or toilet paper.

Slow leaks are almost always hard to find visually or feeling around. I use paper towels or toilet paper. Both highly absorbent and easy to see where they are wet.

I start where things are most likely to be or most accessible. Then I run uphill if I find a leak, downhill if I don’t.
lemley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 08:40 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by twointwoout View Post
Hey Aftermath, correct me if I am wrong but if it is the city water connection leaking, the leak would be completely outside of the trailer correct? I am worried about getting water leaking inside the trailer, but when I was checking inside I could not find any water anywhere

No, mine was leaking inside the wall. Take a look at the link in post #15. It shows a picture of the inside wall, the insulation between the inside and outside wall and how the regulator fits in there. My trailer is much older and I had to be careful getting it out. With access to the back, you can easily disconnect the pipe. Remove the screws on the outside and carefully pry it away from the shell. The putty they use sticks well so use a plastic putty knife and take care not to scratch up the outside of the trailer. Once out, it is an easy peasy replacement.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 09:08 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
I'm not certain what inlet valve you have, but if you order the one I've linked to on Amazon, it does NOT come with the gasket that fits between the valve and the exterior skin of the Airstream.

https://www.amazon.com/SHURFLO-183-0...1226060&sr=8-2

The gasket part number at Airstream is 365336. This part number gets you a sheet of different gaskets, of which one fits the water inlet valve. The others are for other exterior gaskets on the Airstream.

I just replaced ours, on our 2019 International, and we CAREFULLY peeled the old gasket off the old water valve and used it. I then researched, and ordered two sheets of gaskets for our unit. Colonial in NJ had a few on order and I had them ship me two sheets when they came in.

2017 Ford CCSB F250 XLT 6.2L Gas 4x4 4:30 rear Leer Topper Ruby Red
2019 International Serenity 30 Rear Twin
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:48 AM   #25
RFP
Rivet Master

2014 23' International
Hurst , Texas
Leaking SHURFLO water inlets are a known problem; suseptible to cracking, loose screws, etc. A permanent solution is fairly easy, but does require some fabrication. While our SHURFLO had not (yet) failed and leaked, I removed it from the trailer and carefully cut away ALL of its internals, leaving only the chromed plastic bezel. Then I installed a CAMCO all-brass inlet fitting into the hole in the chrome bezel. Of course, I now have to use an external water pressure regulator, but I already was anyway. So, I now have a permanent fix and my original junky-SHURFLO can't leak.

Fortune Cookie: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57663633667345

"The Black Swan": https://www.flickr.com/photos/rfpd30...57648991024725
RFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:27 AM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2017 28' Flying Cloud
Boulder , Colorado
We’ve replaced the city water inlet twice due to the pressure regulator failing. The leaks showed up exactly as in your photo. The first leak also soaked the subfloor, under the vinyl flooring, which had to be replaced. The inlet is easy to replace so don’t let it go too long.
Smith1876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:30 AM   #27
1 Rivet Member

2019 28' International
Midland , Texas
We have a 2019 International Serenity RBT and experienced a similar leak. Ours was leaking with or without pressure from the pump or the city water connection. In our case the low water drain valve was located in that area and the clamp was leaking inside the trailer. I pulled the inside access panel and was able to tighten the clamp. It is difficult to get to, but was an easy fix.
Gary_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:51 AM   #28
3 Rivet Member

2013 23' FB Flying Cloud
Jericho , Vermont
As many have said, it looks like a city water leak. Some tips on how to address it are in another thread: https://www.airforums.com/forums/f44...et-167804.html

Dan
VTSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:52 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2000 19' Bambi
BOZEMAN , Montana
We had the same puddle this summer. It ended up being a leak at the bathroom sink aerator which sent water down and inside the spout channel and deposited it on the top of the wheel well. The water ran across and down the wheel well and out near the AC drain hose. It was an easy fix once the source of the water was located.
BobBozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 11:05 AM   #30

2004 16' International CCD
Tularosa , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinSC2 View Post
It still can be a leak at the city water connection / regulator because when the pump is on or system has pressure water is being “pushed” into the regulator connection and be the source of the leak. Remember the regulator has a check valve in it to keep from pumping the tank back out thru it.

Where is the water connection related to your pic?

We've a 16' Bambi which had the same leak location.

Looked _everywhere_ inside the trailer with no success, which was no fun because the plumbing is inside the kitchen cabinetry.

AS of New Mexico in Albuquerque diagnosed the problem in minutes, and it was indeed the city water connector.

Just a datapoint,
Jon
Toaster Tot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 01:08 PM   #31
1 Rivet Member

2015 19' International
Driggs , Idaho
We have a 19 foot International and had a leak in the same area - for us it turned out to be a leak in the outdoor shower which I had not properly winterized since we never used it. The water ran to a low point near the wheel well. Thankfully, it ended up being a simple fix. In our trailer, the first step was to explore under the vanity sink to see where the water might be coming from.
Blischke is offline   Reply With Quote