Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2018, 03:24 PM   #1

2004 25' International CCD
Snowflake , Arizona
Seeking Flagstaff Mobile Airstream Tech

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and am currently in Flagstaff, AZ. The roof vent cap on my 2004 25' CCD International blew off during my last move, leaving a hole in the roof. I've patched it temporarily with duct tape and polyethelene plastic, but need to replace the actual vent cap sooner than later.

Does anyone know of a good mobile mechanic in this area who could help me with this? I'm also guessing that I'll have to order the part, given that it's a specialized Airstream part.

Thanks very much for any suggestions!
Liz
ArizonaLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:33 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Santa Monica , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLuv View Post
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and am currently in Flagstaff, AZ. The roof vent cap on my 2004 25' CCD International blew off during my last move, leaving a hole in the roof. I've patched it temporarily with duct tape and polyethelene plastic, but need to replace the actual vent cap sooner than later.

Does anyone know of a good mobile mechanic in this area who could help me with this? I'm also guessing that I'll have to order the part, given that it's a specialized Airstream part.

Thanks very much for any suggestions!
Liz
There is a Camping World a bit west of town that might be helpful. Alternatively you might call the Flagstaff KOA or another local RV park and ask if they have a referral.
rjbrown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 11:36 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2017 23' International
Santa Monica , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbrown99 View Post
There is a Camping World a bit west of town that might be helpful. Alternatively you might call the Flagstaff KOA or another local RV park and ask if they have a referral.
Amazon also has locker delivery available via Whole Foods in Flag. If you find the part online you could have it delivered to the locker and pick it up at your convenience. We did that on our last trip and it worked well.
rjbrown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:25 AM   #4

Snowflake , Arizona
These are great suggestions--thank you very much!
Old 07-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #5

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Litchfield , Arizona
Would head to Camping World of Flagstaff @ 9147 Old Hwy 66, Bellemont, AZ 86015, purchase Camco 40593 Cyclone Plumbing Vent Cover and a single bottle of Dicor 501LSW-1 Lap Sealant - 10.3 oz.. Will take you 15 minutes to install, have done it twice on my airstream.
ryanandjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
If you use a tech that is not Airsteam specifically trained, such as CWs, you better besure they know how to walk and stand on an Airstream roof. Always stay on the rivet lines and off the end caps.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:32 PM   #7

Snowflake , Arizona
These are great suggestions and advice--thank you both!
Old 08-01-2018, 01:59 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
I replaced my vent cap myself. Vent, not fan, on a 2005 22 CCD. There was a period where the caps just disintegrated. Additionally I didn't have access to a ladder, so I figured out how to do it from inside, standing on a stool. I had to bend the lift/support out of the way to get the cap into position, and then it would just snap in place over the hinge. To pull the lid down on the hinge, I used duct tape on the inside of the cap making a handle that I just yanked on until the plastic snapped onto the metal rod that acts as a hinge. Bent the lifter back into place and screwed it onto the cap. Kind of obvious what to do once you pull the inside screen off.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:05 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2014 27' FB International
Port Townsend , 98368
Pleas check with Travis at Atena Coachworks contactus@atenarv.com or *+1 (888) 520-9313‬

They provide excellent mobile services but not sure if they have resources in Arizona. But they will recommend alternate. Excellent service!!!
NatandGregg is offline   Reply With Quote