Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > General Repair Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Parts availability?

I know that the stove, refrigerator, etc. are standard RV items and that I should consult the manufacturer about any repair parts I need. What about Airstream-specific parts, though? Are they generally available from dealers? What about the factory?
1993 Foretravel U300 (sold)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
kb0zke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:15 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
The dealer for most. You wouldn't get parts for your car from the mfg would you.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
You can get many parts and pieces direct from Airstream. However be prepared to pay dearly for the parts and shipping. I find it handy to have a local Airstream dealership as they have contacts and a very good relationship with Jackson Center and seem to be able to get just about anything shipped to them. Also they have been very good at getting factory modifications to new trailers that others seem to be having problems doing.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #4
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Mothership can help with many "replacement part NUMBERS". You will be referred to a "dealer" for the AS parts such as "skylight trim shrouds". Where I can substitute, sometimes I do... Such as recent issue with my Winegard antenna lift crank handle.

We called the "local" dealer and had them "drop ship" parts to us. Sometimes cheaper than a long car ride.

The parts do NOT always match... Such as the trim plate for some of the electrical switches and mismatched plumbing design/color for shower in the HEAD.
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #5
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
I know that the stove, refrigerator, etc. are standard RV items and that I should consult the manufacturer about any repair parts I need. What about Airstream-specific parts, though? Are they generally available from dealers? What about the factory?
Many dealer have many parts, for newer trailers.

A few dealers have parts for the vintage Airstreams.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Port Orchard , Washington
For Airstream specific parts, I usually start with these guys:

Airstream, Salem, & Rockwood RV's for Sale - Out of Doors Mart

Ken
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:45 PM   #7
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Airstream sells some parts online and in the store at the service center in Jackson Center. Otherwise, it is the dealer or places like Out of Doors Mart.

Reminds me I need a new shade for the sunroof.

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #8
Dazed and Confused

Currently Looking...
1983 31' Airstream310
Hillsburgh , Ontario
It will depend on what you buy. Trailer or moho, and its age.

The older the trailer or moho, Vintage Airstream supply , Airstream supply, Inland RV, along with other suppliers will be your best bet. That being said, certain parts can be and will be a bear to find.
For example I just purchased a NOS Keeler lock set for my 310's front door. This lock set is rare to impossible to find, and is expensive to replace ($275+++). I acted like Gollum muttering "my precious" outside in the car as I unwrapped it from its protective bubble wrap.

The newer the Stream the easier to find parts but I have found the chase and acquisition of rare parts to be quite fun and exciting.......waiting for an offer to be accepted by a seller with only two locksets left, all the while praying no one buys it now out from underneath me.

Cheers
Tony

“It’s a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it’s a depression when you lose your own.” "Harry S Truman"
Isuzusweet is offline   Reply With Quote