Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Stoves, Ovens & Microwaves
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-29-2021, 06:37 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Dana Point , CA
Dometic Oven Replacement Knob

We have a brand new 2021 27' GT. On first transport from the dealer, discovered Oven Knob on the floor and it is broken. Cannot get it to work or stay on. Airstream said they would replace but they have been unable to get one. I've called Dometic and they cannnot provide it. Say they no longer make that part. It's a brand new trailer and they no longer make that part???

The Oven model number is CU434

Part number is 1053127211

Been Googling and cannot find it! Crazy....any ideas?
Old 03-23-2022, 11:31 AM   #2

Stamford , Connecticut
replacement stove top knob

Hi,
I now have the same problem (broken knobs on a Dometic CU 434 stove top). Were you able to find a solution?
Thanks,

Jeff
Hosken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 07:24 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2020 30’ Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
replacement stove top knob

Add me to the list of people looking for knobs for a Dometic oven. My 2020 Globetrotter came with a CU434 Dometic oven. Part# for the knob is 1053105720. No luck finding them (yet).
OldFolksRoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 09:46 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Lacey , Washington
CU434 Knob

It's been discontinued per the Dometic Website. No parts available last time I checked.
WBACI #16885
Gary W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:22 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2022 20' Caravel
Southeastern , Pennsylvania
While not an ideal solution, there are custom part/3D printing companies that could make you a set of knobs that could work if you could provide them one to copy. Or perhaps you could work with one of the aftermarket AS product companies to get a larger batch produced.
RickBullotta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:35 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2022 25' Flying Cloud
Western , Maryland
Disappointing that appliances installed in 2020/2021 trailers have already been discontinued…
hoppes-no9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:26 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Lacey , Washington
Parts Suggestion

Check with your nearest AS dealer to see if they have any CU434's that have been changed out. Perhaps you could find a knob from an exchanged unit.
WBACI #16885
Old 05-07-2022, 07:58 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
The first knob on my '21 Classic 33 fell apart on the initial trip home from the dealer. The 2nd one failed on our first trip. The 3rd (and final!) one has some issues that make me wonder if it's also on its way out.

Like others, I have brought this up during service appointments at my local repair shop, my selling dealer, and even the factory service center when they fixed my front end separation. Nearly 1.5 years later, I'm still without.

I called Dometic and was able to find someone knowledgable about this problem. In the past, predecessors of CU434 were made in Italy. They are now made in China. The Domestic part number for the knobs is incorrect, so they have no method to request the parts from China. Upon deeper investigation, it turns out that Dometic specifies that the manufacturer use their own knobs. Nobody at Dometic knows what these knobs are or how to order more of them.

I have been promised a solution within the next few months. Has anybody gotten satisfactory resolution for this crazy problem?
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:48 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2019 27' Globetrotter
Lacey , Washington
Yes, a partial resolution. After more than a year with two AS dealers attempting repairs and getting parts, I wrote a long letter to AS JC about my frustration, disappointment and lack of satisfaction. Like you, I did my homework and found the range discontinued with no parts available. A nice lady in AS customer relations reviewed my letter and called. She offered a new in the box replacement and would ship it to my repairing dealer in Portland, OR.

Since the range was discontinued, I was disappointed with the replacement being another CU434. I finally accepted the replacement so I now have a two year warranty but when it fails I'll install a Furrion by Lippert Industries.

I'm disappointed (and many others) that Airstream continues to install Dometic junk in their upper end models. Airstream JC did right by me but still disappointed as the equipment has many other safety issues in my opinion.

Work with your dealer and AS JC customer relations. Be respectful but firm in your expectations. Remember Dometic only has a two year warranty program, so delaying is not a good option.

PM me if you have other questions. Contact AS Portland to see if they still have my old range. Perhaps the Italian metal knobs will fit the Chinese version of the range.
WBACI #16885
Old 08-03-2022, 09:54 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Resurrecting an Old Thread with New Details

After many months of asking nicely and waiting, Airstream customer service finally came through and replaced my broken knobs. Amazingly, these new knobs were attached to a brand-new oven/range.

Since neither Dometic nor Airstream could source replacement knobs, they simply ordered the current version of the CU434 oven and had it shipped to my local service center where the new oven was installed. This was all covered under warranty.

Speaking of warranty...I saw an email thread where Dometic and Airstream were arguing over the warranty period. Dometic kept claiming 1 year, while Airstream kept reminding them of the 2-year contractual warranty period. I really didn't care about this, since I filed my first claim on this problem within the first 3 months of ownership.

I am still incredulous that the only way to repair a few $0.50 knobs was to replace the entire $1500 unit. By the time you consider shipping and installation labor, this was a major repair.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 10:40 PM   #11

2021 27' Globetrotter
Wickenburg , AZ
Same stove issue

2021 Globetrotter, stove burner knob fell off on way home from the dealer. After two years and many calls to dealer and Airstream, still no knob. Dealer: Sorry! We told you things were throughly checked before you took delivery, so not our problem, even though we might have missed that, if you didn't do it, its an Airstream problem. Airstream: We can't send knob directly to you, and we don't have any anyway. We might call you if we ever get any. Amazing customer service!
BrokenDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 08:28 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1977 31' Excella 500
West Sacramento , California
Dometic CU434 owners will need to replace their unit when parts fail. That seems to be Dometic’s new business model-if it breaks replace it with a new unit. I will no longer purchase any Dometic product.
4RXLA is offline   Reply With Quote