Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Dehumidifiers & Ozone Generators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-07-2020, 11:29 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari
Cranston , Rhode Island
Exclamation Humidity is affects us all

As the worlds' premier RV company, why on earth hasn't Airstream designed a factory installed dehumidifying equipment on all their models?

Similar to an AC unit but designed low-voltage for "in-use" and during storage periods to generally improve air quality, comfort and longevity.

After-market dehumidifiers are generally flimsy, inadequate and take up counter/floor space and remind you that you have a continuous problem. Moisture in the cabin is a big problem in nearly every region year-round.
Seems to me there should be a solution.

Can I get an "Amen" or Awomen?
worthy420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 12:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Wow... two humidity Threads up and running.

Our Airstream is our Seasonal Moving Home. Nine months in the Mohave Desert of southern Nevada are wonderful.

Three months go from just Hot... to Hotter that Hades. We travel those months. Our Airstream has wheels and we head to higher elevations. This is WHY we have a travel trailer. I also like shiny objects, gold, silver... and aluminum, of course.

For retired people, not difficult to do. For those who have several weeks vacation, you already know where to go and so does everyone else in your area.

Worthy420 and I understand the limitations of our Home on Wheels.

Sweat Equity... of some sort, I say.

It is much less overhead owning a mobile trailer than a second home for seasonal use. Actually cheap in comparison.

Nancy and my goal now is spending the hot Summer Months looking for property with a lot of acreage to camp out and make it our Airstream with a View recreational area. Is two acres too little, or 800 too much? I have been scouring the Internet for 'Ranch Properties'.

One you can use a moped to get around. The other an ATV... which I like that idea, a lot.

Have some with potential. Pictures and descriptions can be deceiving, as well. Lipstick on a Pig kind of thing.

Found a nice 800 acre Ranch with home and barns at a great price... but would need to find a local Rancher wanting to bale hay 'deal'. Or invite what few Airstream Friends we still have to spend some time... and bring a shovel and hammer... Well, not really but some could use some exercise quarrying fossil fish or just digging a well for... fun.

How deep is half a well, anyways? You do the first half and I will finish it.

Escaping humidity is like collecting thin air samples on the 14ers in Colorado. Just a lot of sweat equity...
Old 02-07-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Canyon Country , California
Some large part of USA have no or low humidity. California does not have humidity most of the year but occasionally we have them. I hail from the South (NC, GA and AL) and moved to CA. I chuckle every time people whine about humidity if it goes up 75%. I grew up 100% humidity in many summers and do not like it a bit but didn't complain too much. For many people dehumidifier isn't needed. A/C and Furnace would take care of that.

2019 Flying Cloud 19CBB
Halford1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:36 PM   #4
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthy420 View Post
As the worlds' premier RV company, why on earth hasn't Airstream designed a factory installed dehumidifying equipment on all their models?

Similar to an AC unit but designed low-voltage for "in-use" and during storage periods to generally improve air quality, comfort and longevity.

After-market dehumidifiers are generally flimsy, inadequate and take up counter/floor space and remind you that you have a continuous problem. Moisture in the cabin is a big problem in nearly every region year-round.

Nay! I don't want to pay for something I don't need.
Old 02-07-2020, 04:10 PM   #5
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
^
NayNay...WNY, we have no high humidity concerns here in Winter.

In Summer...we open the windows and enjoy.

Bob
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_110.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	380.1 KB
ID:	360700  
Old 07-23-2020, 08:19 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2009 25' FB Classic
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by worthy420 View Post

We live in the Valley of the Sun. (Phoenix AZ) Winter months we store our trailer with three five gallon buckets filled with water in the trailer. Summer months we are in on the road.