Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2006, 07:08 AM   #1
86' 270 Costom

1986 27' Airstream 270
Bonner , Montana
Sharing my experiance

I recently decided to repair my NT 30sp furnace with little luck. Yesterday I logged on and began reading through the threads and relized that the problem with my furnace wasn't talked about. Problem being that my fan would come on but no heat. Plenty of LP and 13.2 volts from the batteries.
As I read throught the the threads everyone gave me ideas on how to troubleshoot the problem.

I took the heater out of its housing simply by reomving four screws inside and one out of the exhaust hole on the outside of my 270. I put the heater on the counter inside the RV and began first by testing the limit switch, then the sail switch, then the valves, then the time delay switch, then the electrode, all were good with individual testing. I found that when I put power to the module board that is when nothing wated to respond. Lone and behold that was the problem. Next problem was cost. In Missoula MT there are only a hand full of dealers with a parts house. I called around first it was $189, then $184, Last but not least $113 at Rangtish Brothers. Also $7.04 for a new electrode.
Installed new module board and now we're heating things up again!!

The end of my experiance is a simple thank you to everyone who has had problems with their heaters if not for you I would have had a large repair bill.
On the scenic Blackfoot River, Montana

My parents' dream is comming true!!!
CTHilmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Nice location. Do you have accomodations for trailers and RVs?
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 07:36 AM   #3
1977 31' Sovereign

Kalispell , Montana
Hi CTHilmo. I had a furnace issue this winter turned out to be just the electronic igniter. I brought it in and had Destination RV in Kalispell give it a full check up, found out that you can buy the new style circut board that will only allow three trys to to light furnace, and if after the third try, if furnace dose not light, the blower will not continue to run like they do on older circut boards. If I remember right that board ran for $170.00, and the old style board around $120.00. Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Igniter boards

If anyone needs a new igniter board for a furnace, let me know. I use the Dinosaur Electronics boards exclusively. They make them with and without fan control, and they are by far and away the best electronics out there. All come with a 3 year warranty too and they are MADE IN THE USA!! Basically a plug and play replacement.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 08:30 AM   #5
86' 270 Costom

1986 27' Airstream 270
Bonner , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane
Nice location. Do you have accomodations for trailers and RVs?

The only thing that I can tell you would be to contact them through their web-site. My mom (Darla) is really good about getting back to everyone within a day or two.

We love the area up there, peaceful, quiet, and beautiful. Thanks for your interest.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:39 AM   #6
86' 270 Costom

1986 27' Airstream 270
Bonner , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh
If I remember right that board ran for $170.00, and the old style board around $120.00. Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Hello David,
I picked up the updated board there at Rangtish Brothers. Like I said for $113. They were really nice to work with. They tested my old board , for free, before they would sell me the new one for the simple reason that they didn't want me to relpace a part that didn't need to be. I would recommend them.

Monday, I'll be up in Noxon starting the new season. Railroading and such. My family and I will be there for three weeks, then start heading west.