Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2006, 04:16 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1958 18' "Footer"
Sebastopol , California
Propane Problems II

I got to play with my new to me 58 Traveler yesterday!!! Checked the appiances & pp system. I too could not figure out how to light the furance, but I might add it is hard to motivate yourself to do that when it's 95 out. Any help on where to put the match would be great. Furnace looks new but the thermo coupler could be out too. Rifer worked and was getting cold when I turned it off. Stove A O K. Problem 2. Checked all connections with soapy water before starting, no visible leaks or smells. When I was done I shut down the main bottle and noticed the gauge was going down (possible leak ?) Rechecked all fittings an lines for damage and leaks could find nothing. Could it be that it bleeds off at the regulator if there is no pressure on the system as a safety? Any help out there. As a Fireman propane leaks make me nervous!!
60's Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:24 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Propane

Hey Sebastopol, Sea Ranch here.

I'm starting to work on getting the appliances to work, and trying to find a replacement lp regulator. I had to disconnect a lot of the gas lines when I did the floor, and I suspect I'll be replacing some of the lines. The heater looks scary to me, but it appears to be intact, as does the hot water heater. If you see a green flash to the west, it might be me and my rig, not the sun setting.

Peter
Old 07-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1978 24' Argosy 24
Woodinville , Washington
What, me worry?

We actually got to play with our Suburban furnace our first trip this year. Summer doesn't start in Washington until after the 4th of July and we were at 5,000'. It's not the easiest thing in the world even with the original manual. You have to unscrew an access cover to begin with. Then the pilot is way the heck in there. I got one of those flexible butane lighters which makes the job a lot easier. Then theres the blower button you have to hold down like on a boat or else you blow the whole camp ground to kingdom come!

I agree they are a scary looking contraption

-Bernie
bhayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1958 18' "Footer"
Sebastopol , California
Hi Globie, I'm trying to get the Traveler ready for its first rode trip to Mancester I'll be rolling right by your house I'll honk!!!
60's Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1964 19' Globetrotter
South Kingstown , Rhode Island
Honk!

Yeah, honk! I live just up the hill from the Moonraker pool at the Sea Ranch. The Globie is in the Sea Ranch trailer park, further up the hill. Maybe I'll see you when you pass through Gualala. I've seen a number of vintage Airstreams on highway 1.

Have fun!

Peter