Considering Rear A/C in 2002 Classoc 30
I've done some searching, but haven't found anything directly applicable. We have a 2002 Classic 30 Slideout, and I want to add rear AC. We travel with dogs and close the bedroom door at night. That leaves only the small slot over the door for air from the front unit to get into the bedroom area. It is marginal when the outside temperature is in the high 70s and we camp in higher temperatures. We currently have a Dometic heat pump in the front with the Comfort Control II thermostat. It has provisions for for a second zone so I have an option to use that thermostat or put in an independent unit. We have 30A service with the AC breaker panel in the overhead cabinet at the head of the roadside twin bed.
Questions for anyone who has done this, preferably on a similar trailer:
1. In this era trailer, is there any pre-wire or pre-plumbing or am I doing this from scratch?
2. Assuming the answer to #1 is no, how to route the AC wiring? Previously I have tried to push wires past/through ribs without success. I believe there is a rib between the back of the vent opening and the area of the rear overhead cabinet. I suspect there are more than one. If there was one and it was close I could drill it.
3. Again assuming the answer to #1 is no, how to route the power feed from the area of the breaker panel down to the utility bin at the roadside rear? I'm thinking of converting the whole trailer to 50A, swapping out the existing breaker box and power feed cable, but might just run a separate line for the second A/C.
4. Again assuming the answer to #1 is no, how to route the drain line?
5. I think I can mount a temperature sensor on the curbside front bedroom wall and run it through the bathroom ceiling and down to the area of the thermostat mounted living area side on the front bathroom wall. If I do this, how do I tell the CCII a second zone is operational? Of course there is always the option to have the independent thermostat for the bedroom area and treat it as two single zone systems.
Thanks for any experiences and suggestions.
“You cannot reason someone out of a position they have not been reasoned into"
Al, K5TAN and Missy, N4RGO WBCCI 1322
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins