Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
The reason I bought the airstream

I am posting a pic of the property my wife and I bought for our airstreams new future home. I am sure we will use the airstream to do some visits to the family up north, but its main purpose will be the temporary home for when we go to our retirement property. We plan on moving there in six years, but I want to enjoy it as much as I can. The pond is a 1 acre pond and the image comes from google image.

SIU Bound

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New Property.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	54621  
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:00 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
atlanta , Georgia
Beautiful - I have a similar idea for my ownwhen here in GA
nunya001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 AM   #3
Refurbished 89 Excella

1988 29' Excella
Sugar Valley , Georgia
Hey Brian...........Congratulations on YOUR land, future plans, and trailer........I assume that you are going to park it more or less stationary...........PLEASE figure out where you are going to need a barn and go ahead and build it.............A pole barn is so simple and a 30X40' can be put up for just a few thousand dollars...........What it will save for your trailer, a place for your vehicles and gear is priceless.............Just a thought, but breaks my heart as I pass by "parked" trailers and see them as bait for the elements.................

By the way, where is your land..........up in the unknowns, thank goodness, of NW Georgia here..........Dennis
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:20 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I will only pull this to the property and pull it back home. I cannot keep a trailer on the property. It is in the covenants that no permanent trailers. The farmer I bought the land from had the contract made that way. I have to build a home on the property. I do understand why he set up that way. He was cool with it being pulled there and back.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Minooka , Illinois
Brian, you've got to make to the Peach Festival in Cobden. You'll have a great time. Tom
Twotone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I would love to attend the Peach Festival, but I do not get off work that time of year. I live 7 hours from the land. I want to go to the Fresh Water Shrimp Fest, and the Vulture Fest in Makanda. I guess I could take some personal days. I get three each year. My main goal is to get the trailer up and running. I have decided to put new axels on it. Not an expense I want to take on, but according to these forums it needs to be done. Our goal is to have it ready in the middle of April. We are going to take a long weekend and go up there.

Brian