Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > On The Road...
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-02-2020, 10:05 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Reputable EZ Lift Dealer near me?

After a conversation with Can Am this morning, I have decided to have an EZ Lift WDH system installed on my rig. I am currently camping in Maine and would appreciate recommendations based on your experience for a reputable dealer in this area. I am fine with going into other states fir this service as well. Thank you!
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
Contact the Manufacturer

You can always call customer service at Camco and have them identify a certified dealer wherever you are located.

CUSTOMER SERVICE # 1.800.334.2004

Sir Tristan
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 12:32 PM   #3

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatLee View Post
After a conversation with Can Am this morning, I have decided to have an EZ Lift WDH system installed on my rig. I am currently camping in Maine and would appreciate recommendations based on your experience for a reputable dealer in this area. I am fine with going into other states fir this service as well. Thank you!

Go with Equalizer, much better sway control than EZ lift for comparable money. EZ lift is at the bottom of my ratings list.
sheriff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:52 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1 View Post
Go with Equalizer, much better sway control than EZ lift for comparable money. EZ lift is at the bottom of my ratings list.
Why?
DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 04:54 PM   #5

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCPAS View Post
Why?

I decided to try several different WDH using the same truck trailer combination. Ford Super Duty CC short box and Airstream 27FB Eddie Bauer. Towed a minimum of 2k miles to fairly assess hitches. Below are my opinions of hitches used.
By the way, I still have a new Blue Ox sway pro hitch head that fits Airstreams for sale, no bars or trailer attachments.

#1 PRO PRIDE. Best of the best! Absolutely no sway or semi push even in high winds. Didn’t care for the optional strap tech devices, made hitching more difficult.
#2 Equalizer, best bang for the buck. Very little noise with Teflon pads, easy hitch-unhitch. Good at controlling sway, some semi push ( yes, even with a big truck.
#3 Blue Ox Sway Pro quiet operation, easy hitch-unhitch as long as you raise hitched combination to tighten or loosen bars. Forget to do that on unhitch and you’ve pulled the pin on a grenade. Not as good controlling sway or semi push. ( strictly seat of the pants observation)
#4 Reese Dual Cam did a marginal job of controlling sway. Even after multiple attempts by myself and Reese techs the rig always felt like it was hunting it’s way down the road.
#5 EZ lift(rated unacceptable) noisy, poor sway control, I have used EZ lift in the past with 2 of the friction devices installed, one on each side. That raised it out of the unacceptable range but not by much.

Not tested were Hensley, I would assume similar to Pro Pride but can’t state factually. Pro Pride won out due to not having to drill frame, better design for hitching and superb customer service.
Also not tested was anderson due to the owners graffiti incidents. I choose not to support such an individual.
Of course, your opinion may vary.
Old 07-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff1 View Post
I decided to try several different WDH using the same truck trailer combination. Ford Super Duty CC short box and Airstream 27FB Eddie Bauer. Towed a minimum of 2k miles to fairly assess hitches. Below are my opinions of hitches used.
By the way, I still have a new Blue Ox sway pro hitch head that fits Airstreams for sale, no bars or trailer attachments.

#1 PRO PRIDE. Best of the best! Absolutely no sway or semi push even in high winds. Didn’t care for the optional strap tech devices, made hitching more difficult.
#2 Equalizer, best bang for the buck. Very little noise with Teflon pads, easy hitch-unhitch. Good at controlling sway, some semi push ( yes, even with a big truck.
#3 Blue Ox Sway Pro quiet operation, easy hitch-unhitch as long as you raise hitched combination to tighten or loosen bars. Forget to do that on unhitch and you’ve pulled the pin on a grenade. Not as good controlling sway or semi push. ( strictly seat of the pants observation)
#4 Reese Dual Cam did a marginal job of controlling sway. Even after multiple attempts by myself and Reese techs the rig always felt like it was hunting it’s way down the road.
#5 EZ lift(rated unacceptable) noisy, poor sway control, I have used EZ lift in the past with 2 of the friction devices installed, one on each side. That raised it out of the unacceptable range but not by much.

Not tested were Hensley, I would assume similar to Pro Pride but can’t state factually. Pro Pride won out due to not having to drill frame, better design for hitching and superb customer service.
Also not tested was anderson due to the owners graffiti incidents. I choose not to support such an individual.
Of course, your opinion may vary.
Thank you for your reply. I have the Camco (Eaz-Lift) R3 Recurve. It makes no noise. Anti-sway is one simple bolt setting brake material at the ball (not on the sides as you describe) and easy to set and undo. I have experienced no sway, but then I don't have many miles under my belt. Based on your description, you had a different model, which is a bit of a relief.
DCPAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 05:20 PM   #7

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Sparks , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCPAS View Post
Thank you for your reply. I have the Camco (Eaz-Lift) R3 Recurve. It makes no noise. Anti-sway is one simple bolt setting brake material at the ball (not on the sides as you describe) and easy to set and undo. I have experienced no sway, but then I don't have many miles under my belt. Based on your description, you had a different model, which is a bit of a relief.

[emoji106] Glad it works well.
I’ll have to add that to my list of haven’t tried.
Old 07-03-2020, 06:45 PM   #8
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
Friction sway control sway control devices are required to be loosened on wet or in slippery road conditions. That tranlates to "tail wag the dog" if you don't adhere. Therefore, only the trapezoid designs, Hensley and ProPride, are reliable under those conditions. With other hitches, I have experienced, and so have others, undesired lane changes, caused by wind gusts on weather wet roads. We only survived because there was no traffic in the on coming lane we wound up in. Beware! This a potential hazard just waiting to nab you.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:58 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
Los Gatos , California
Have the EazLift and also used Equalizer and Husky. I like EazLift the best. Andy says no to the recurve version. No one has the experience that Andy has so I go with him. Ask him for written install guide to give to the dealer and make sure they actually read and follow it. It is not hard to install it’s just that Andy’s way give the smoothest and safest tow. AS dealers can get it and install as well if you have a dealer you trust
Traded in 2016 Sport 16, 2019 Sport 22
As they say, third AS is what to buy first
Garfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:48 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Garfish et al - yes, I would love to have a reputable Airstream dealer install the EZLift system on my rig (which Ron at Can Am Airstream strongly recommends doing). I would also love a recommendation on my thread for a dealer YOU ALL love that does hitch instals well. I am currently camping in northern Maine and had originally thought I'd head to Michigan area in time to cross over into Canada and see Can Am on 21 July. However, Ron told me yesterday that Canada is extending their closure until 31 July because of the brilliant way the U.S. has handled the pandemic. So, again, I'm willing to travel to your hitch guy if you have one, no matter how far afield. Thanks for any RECOMMENDATIONS.
PatLee is offline   Reply With Quote